NUTRITION FOR LONGEVITY

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

In this episode of Anabolic Radio, host Coach Hawk interviews nutrition expert Alan Aragon. They discuss various topics related to nutrition for longevity. Alan emphasizes the importance of individualizing nutrition protocols to achieve long-term health outcomes. He also addresses the fear-mongering and misinformation surrounding certain foods and ingredients, such as aspartame and seed oils. Alan provides insights on alcohol consumption, moderation, and its impact on health. He concludes by discussing the significance of balancing nutrition and changing the perception of trigger foods to avoid binge-eating behaviors.

Key Takeaways:

*Fear-mongering in the nutrition space is prevalent; individuals spreading misinformation are generally lacking knowledge.

*The nutrition industry thrives on alarmism and sensationalism, making it crucial to seek evidence-based information.

*Individualizing macronutrient intake, including protein, carbohydrates, and fats, is key to sustaining a dietary plan.

*Micronutrient needs can be met by consuming a range of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains.

*The carnivore diet might be effective for individuals seeking drastic intervention after following a poor diet for extended periods.

*Artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose, and stevia are generally safe for consumption, with saccharin being a potential concern in high doses.

*Glycemic response does not significantly impact body composition; body fat loss remains similar regardless of glycemic load.

*Moderate alcohol consumption (1-2 drinks per day) can be part of a healthy lifestyle, but excessive intake can hinder training performance and sleep quality.

*Seed oils are often scapegoated, but their health outcomes surpass those of butter and lard in the literature.

*Viewing trigger foods as forbidden can lead to binge-eating behaviors; changing perceptions and incorporating balance is key to managing them effectively.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Nah bruh all carbs are evil, pass me the butter!

LOL!

38:32-42:00 (Post-prandial Glycemia)

*Glycemic response does not significantly impact body composition; body fat loss remains similar regardless of glycemic load

42:00-47:30

*Seed oils are often scapegoated, but their health outcomes surpass those of butter and lard in the literature

Guided_by_Voices

This guy is either dishonest or really stupid or both. I listened from 38-47 and almost every sentence had either a case of a half-truth, lying by omission or something that is just plain wrong. For example, IIRC, the main reason to avoid blood sugar spikes is because of the damage they do to the blood vessels (by both primary and secondary mechanisms), not because of body composition impacts. The reason seed oils "improve" lipids is because they convert LDL (likely mostly benign) into a another compound which is truly nasty but which is not detected as cholesterol. He refers to the "literature" but as others like Chris Masterjohn have shown, the literature is often of poor quality, observational, and/or does not support the use of seed oils when interpreted correctly. He talks about "evidence" but does not point out that publication bias alone makes "literature" a mediocre form of evidence at best, and he ignores the literature that contradicts his conclusions. He ignores the issues with the ratio of omega-6 fats to other oils. He clearly has not studied the counter-arguments and switches to talking in the convenient generalities that frauds tend to use when more detail would invalidate their point. I could go on and on...

madman

Super Moderator
Contact him.

[email protected].

1696735120625.png

Express your concerns.

Or better yet join the forum and call him out.

Going to give you a heads-up, be prepared as you may get picked apart!

Guided_by_Voices

I don't engage with with people who use deceptive practices. Period. (A key life lesson, but that's another topic). And other people have already picked him ( his arguments) apart using logic and data that has stood the test of time and is extremely detailed and actionable, Paul Jaminet, and Chris Masterjohn being two of them, but people interested in the topics can easily find many others.

DragonBits

This guy is either dishonest or really stupid or both. I listened from 38-47 and almost every sentence had either a case of a half-truth, lying by omission or something that is just plain wrong. For example, IIRC, the main reason to avoid blood sugar spikes is because of the damage they do to the blood vessels (by both primary and secondary mechanisms), not because of body composition impacts. The reason seed oils "improve" lipids is because they convert LDL (likely mostly benign) into a another compound which is truly nasty but which is not detected as cholesterol. He refers to the "literature" but as others like Chris Masterjohn have shown, the literature is often of poor quality, observational, and/or does not support the use of seed oils when interpreted correctly. He talks about "evidence" but does not point out that publication bias alone makes "literature" a mediocre form of evidence at best, and he ignores the literature that contradicts his conclusions. He ignores the issues with the ratio of omega-6 fats to other oils. He clearly has not studied the counter-arguments and switches to talking in the convenient generalities that frauds tend to use when more detail would invalidate their point. I could go on and on...

"
convert LDL (likely mostly benign) into a another compound which is truly nasty but which is not detected as cholesterol
What is this truly nasty stuff, oxLDL or something else.

Guided_by_Voices

"

What is this truly nasty stuff, oxLDL or something else.
All PUFAs (Omega 3,6,9) are highly prone to oxidation (another problem which the video above doesn't mentioned in the parts I watched and which I think Vitamin E can partially mitigate but which no sensible person would want to overdo) and I think that is partially it, however there is another thing that I can't remember the name of but which Dr. Cate Shanahan describes in some of her videos. The linked video below has a discussion of the chemistry from minute 30 to 42 and it specifically addresses the lowering of cholesterol at 40:55. I will see if I can find the other chemical elsewhere (it may be one of the ones mentioned in minute 31-35) but the bottom line is that making a blanket statement that something "improves lipids", without defining terms or going into specifics or acknowledging counter-evidence like oxidation, is totally unprofessional and wrong on many levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me