No Insurance - Is This a Viable Approach?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Natty507

Hello gentlemen, hoping to get some advice for you all.Quick background 41 year old make here.I’m having all the tell tale symptoms of Low-T. Drop in libido, extremely moody, depression and lack of energy. I went to get a general checkup and asked to have a testosterone test done and it came back total 226.This is obviously quite low and it supports me getting on TRT I would imagine. Problem is I have no insurance and I live in New York, where the prices out of pocket are ridiculously expensive for me to do this at the moment. I have seen a break down of the options at Defy Medical, and it’s something I will consider at a later date.I don’t really like the idea of going on TRT from now until forever to be quite honest. My questions are basically is if I were to acquire all the medication on my own, could I run the Test on say 1 or 2 cycles per year and have my blood work checked by a doctor?. Also if I were to run a 10 week cycle at 250mgs Test E x 1 per week with HCG 500 IU x 2 per week and 0.5 Arimidex x 2 per week is this a practical dosage or am I way off?.In addition to that, I understand that with TRT Test is usually not cycled, but if I were to do this. Do I need to use any Clomid or Nolvadex as a PCT protocol?.
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SilverSurfer

You want to run 2, ten week cycles at 250 mg? Why not just use 100 mg, every week, all year, which is the same amount of total T in a year?

Systemlord

I don't understand the need to preserve such dreadfully low levels, obviously your pituitary isn't doing you any favors. You go on TRT and stay on for life because your natural production isn't sufficient anymore.

Defy Medical is the most affordable option around when seeking private care to manage your TRT. If you went with TRT and no HCG, you could cut costs.

Too, you'll not get any help here with a cycle, 10 week cycles, 205mg Test E.

This is mens health forum and not a steroid forum. If you want to participate in TRT as a therapy by all means join us but you will not find cycles, black market "gear", and such welcome here.

RLW

Hello gentlemen, hoping to get some advice for you all.Quick background 41 year old make here.I’m having all the tell tale symptoms of Low-T. Drop in libido, extremely moody, depression and lack of energy. I went to get a general checkup and asked to have a testosterone test done and it came back total 226.This is obviously quite low and it supports me getting on TRT I would imagine. Problem is I have no insurance and I live in New York, where the prices out of pocket are ridiculously expensive for me to do this at the moment. I have seen a break down of the options at Defy Medical, and it’s something I will consider at a later date.I don’t really like the idea of going on TRT from now until forever to be quite honest. My questions are basically is if I were to acquire all the medication on my own, could I run the Test on say 1 or 2 cycles per year and have my blood work checked by a doctor?. Also if I were to run a 10 week cycle at 250mgs Test E x 1 per week with HCG 500 IU x 2 per week and 0.5 Arimidex x 2 per week is this a practical dosage or am I way off?.In addition to that, I understand that with TRT Test is usually not cycled, but if I were to do this. Do I need to use any Clomid or Nolvadex as a PCT protocol?.
Many thanks in advance.

This is a bad idea. If you really are interested in going on testosterone, spend some time reading these forums and you will learn some things. Either go with Defy or if you look around you might find someone local to you that could do it at an affordable price.

Natty507

You want to run 2, ten week cycles at 250 mg? Why not just use 100 mg, every week, all year, which is the same amount of total T in a year?

I'm sure that's the better choice. Like I said I dont really like the idea of doing this all year round. I will probably have to though.

Natty507

I don't understand the need to preserve such dreadfully low levels, obviously your pituitary isn't doing you any favors. You go on TRT and stay on for life because your natural production isn't sufficient anymore.

Defy Medical is the most affordable option around when seeking private care to manage your TRT. If you went with TRT and no HCG, you could cut costs.

I don't want to preserve this of course. My aim is to get it higher, and all around well being. You actually said it right there, the thought of being on TRT for life is the thing that I am not mentally ready to commit to right now.

Defy Medical, does seem to be a good and affordable option that I am looking into.

Natty507

Too, you'll not get any help here with a cycle, 10 week cycles, 205mg Test E.

This is mens health forum and not a steroid forum. If you want to participate in TRT as a therapy by all means join us but you will not find cycles, black market "gear", and such welcome here.

Clearly you have issues reading and comprehending. I am quite aware of what fourum this is, and the availability of steroid information and resources. Had I intended to pursue that track I would have gone to those sites.

RLW

I don't want to preserve this of course. My aim is to get it higher, and all around well being. You actually said it right there, the thought of being on TRT for life is the thing that I am not mentally ready to commit to right now.

Defy Medical, does seem to be a good and affordable option that I am looking into.

I do understand the fear of being on testosterone for the rest of your life. But the reality is if you have low T, not being on testosterone for the rest of your life is a much worse option.

Systemlord

One thing I forgot to mention, especially at your age and having low testosterone you are at high risk for cardiovascular disease. I understand the need to fix things naturally, just don't take too long. You are two times lower than the threshold of this study.

Testosterone Threshold for Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Middle-Aged and Elderly Men:
These data showed that a testosterone threshold of 440 ng/dL was associated with increased Framingham 10-year CVD risk in middle-aged and elderly men. Poor sexual performance, decreased morning erection, and loss of libido had an impact on the testosterone threshold for CVD risk. The threshold level was higher in men with sexual dysfunction. Further study is required to evaluate the validity of these testosterone thresholds for CVD risk.

Testosterone and the Heart
Testosterone (T) has a number of important effects on the cardiovascular system. In men, T levels begin to decrease after age 40, and this decrease has been associated with an increase in all-cause mortality and cardiovascular (CV) risk. Low T levels in men may increase their risk of developing coronary artery disease (CAD), metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'm sure that's the better choice. Like I said I dont really like the idea of doing this all year round. I will probably have to though.
Think of it as analogous to having Type 1 diabetes. It's a disease and it's not going away. Cycling the treatment is going to be more unpleasant than just committing to it permanently. With TRT, everything takes time: stabilizing, adjusting protocols, resolving symptoms. Transition periods last from weeks to months, and often are accompanied by a return of symptoms. It doesn't make sense to increase the number of these by cycling.

davidrn

The info you shared was your Total T level, but nothing about your weight, height, general health. If you eat crap and are over weight, getting that under control with gym visits could possibly correct the underlying issue. Or, maybe you have thyroid issues? Do you work shift work? Get good sleep? How are the rest of your labs? Vit D? CRP? Any other health issues? Myself I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and with this disease I had a 70% chance of having low T, I just had an issue with an uneducated Rheumatologist, who didn't know this fact. I had to find a local MD who was better educated. I know it is a drive, but my MD in Springfield ,Ma is excellent. He orders my T Cyp (in 10ml vials) from California, and I get my HcG (Pregnyl) from Walgreens specialty pharmacy, both vials last between 5-6 months(for me) and only cost about $100 each. I pay cash and don't even deal with my insurance company.
I hear your concerns for a permanent fix (with drugs) but maybe there are some steps you can take to correct the problem without drugs. If you are not rushing to do this , this week, step back and consider other avenues of care. Good luck, let us know where you end up heading to correct this issue.

Natty507

The info you shared was your Total T level, but nothing about your weight, height, general health. If you eat crap and are over weight, getting that under control with gym visits could possibly correct the underlying issue. Or, maybe you have thyroid issues? Do you work shift work? Get good sleep? How are the rest of your labs? Vit D? CRP? Any other health issues? Myself I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and with this disease I had a 70% chance of having low T, I just had an issue with an uneducated Rheumatologist, who didn't know this fact. I had to find a local MD who was better educated. I know it is a drive, but my MD in Springfield ,Ma is excellent. He orders my T Cyp (in 10ml vials) from California, and I get my HcG (Pregnyl) from Walgreens specialty pharmacy, both vials last between 5-6 months(for me) and only cost about $100 each. I pay cash and don't even deal with my insurance company.
I hear your concerns for a permanent fix (with drugs) but maybe there are some steps you can take to correct the problem without drugs. If you are not rushing to do this , this week, step back and consider other avenues of care. Good luck, let us know where you end up heading to correct this issue.

Apologies, weight is now 165/175 lbs was 185/195 lbs roughly, general health is fair cholesterol is to the line, so I have to watch it.I don't eat meat only some fish,I try to eat healthy, could be refined still. Use to go to the gym fairly regularly, but have had no motivation for several months now. Not sure about thyroid issues, I do feeling heavy in my ankles when running. Yes sir, I work nights, my sleeping is very poor. When i get home I take the kids to school, then I'm awake for a few hours. Typically I get around 3 to 5 hrs a day.I also recently got a bit of tendonitis in my shoulder.

That's quite a trip, I am looking at some other TRT clinics online. I see that most are using Test Cyp, a few times a week. I would prefer to use Test E just once a week though. Many thanks for all the information and suggestions, fom you and everyone else. I will be sure to update you on how it turns out. Not a rush for sure.

davidrn

I don't think that the shift work is the sole reason for the way you feel, BUT, it appears that is the biggest issue at this time. Night shift screws up your adrenal gland and the whole Circadian rhythm. Is another shift a possibility? Or cutting back hours?I worked myself as a night shift manager for a Cardiac care Unit in a major hospital, between the hours and the stress, I believe that helped bring my RA out as an Autoimmune disease. So, I understand what is happening, and the difficulty with eating on a schedule, and sleeping better. Do you get regular sleep? or is it disrupted frequently? I tried a "white noise" machine, helped keep me asleep, but I didn't ever really feel better until I retired from the hospital and moved in another career path.

Natty507

I don't think that the shift work is the sole reason for the way you feel, BUT, it appears that is the biggest issue at this time. Night shift screws up your adrenal gland and the whole Circadian rhythm. Is another shift a possibility? Or cutting back hours?I worked myself as a night shift manager for a Cardiac care Unit in a major hospital, between the hours and the stress, I believe that helped bring my RA out as an Autoimmune disease. So, I understand what is happening, and the difficulty with eating on a schedule, and sleeping better. Do you get regular sleep? or is it disrupted frequently? I tried a "white noise" machine, helped keep me asleep, but I didn't ever really feel better until I retired from the hospital and moved in another career path.

I also feel this is a factor, along with something else. Unfortunately no other shift is available at the moment. Less hours is not an option I can afford to do. I work in a tech related environment, nothing as heavy duty as your old job. Can be stressful at times but not a constant. However outside issues are more cause for stress. I don’t actually get proper sleep except for Saturday. Sleep is constantly interrupted yes. What I do is black out the room completely, at times I use melatonin, zquill , wine even. Problem with that is if I do like after I’ve been up too long I over sleep. So that is only good if I go to sleep right away. I really want to move out of NYC maybe to Florida to get a change of pace. It’s a work in progress.

davidrn

I have used several drugs for my RA that are not commonly used. One is LDN and the other, which may help you, is marijuana. I did have a medical marijuana card, but my state now allows recreational purchases, so I don't need the card any longer. I use a strain that is more of the CBD than THC, I take it an hour before bedtime, in the past, I would awaken frequently, because of a pain in a joint, and then have a hard time falling back to sleep. With my marijuana usage, I sleep thru the night, because of the drug, or because it eliminates pain. This might be of use for you. you didn't mention family or kids, that makes life so much harder to sleep when they are home, and you try to sleep. Sounds like you got your room set up right, just need to be strict about your sleep schedule/regimen.
Keep us up to date on what you do, it does seem like you are not one of the 30's year olds with a TT of 300, but have health issues influencing your hormonal pathways. Don't forget to get your Vitamin D into a good level, and get copies of all labs to have the guys here help you interpret them into street speak.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching