Newbie could use help adjusting

Buy Lab Tests Online

sladedog

First- what a great community you all have here- wealth of info. Super glad I stumbled upon it. I've read a ton and learning a lot.
49, just started TRT. Labs- Total T 340, Free T 8.5, Estradiol Sensitive 26.9 ( all labcorp numbers)
Dr recommended 200 of test cyp once a week, and 1 mg anastrozole every other day.
Got my first shot in the office and was on my way. Next day I took the anastrozole and the roller coaster started. Pretty intense side effects- anxiety, weird thoughts, detached, etc. I rode that for a week and a half and couldn't hang. So I lowered my dose to about 160, split into two doses of 80 twice a week and stopped the AI.
I requested an early blood work up after 6 weeks to see where I was sitting-
Total T 757 day of injection but before dose
Free T 21.3
Estradiol Sensitive- 58.6
SHBG 28

So the good news is I know the injections are working ha! And after all the reading I've done the results were about what I expected. I've actually gained a chunk of weight despite a very similar diet and exercise program. Could be muscle gains but I think I'm definitely holding onto water weight. Aside from that the one thing I notice is that from about 24 hrs to 48 hrs after injection my pulse increases about 10bpm, and my heart feels like it's beating harder. Blood pressure is good. I haven't had increased anxiety since skipping the AI.

The two schools of thought regarding the AIs have me really frustrated. It's like there are two sides and you have to pick one. I'm relatively free to adjust as I go here. I am tempted to take like a half of an MG of AI every other day and monitor my side effects (namely anxiety). I'd love to just rock the test and call it a day with just one med on board, but when I saw that 58.6 estradiol it feels like it confirmed I'm a bit high there I think.

All of that said, I'd love some input from the pros. I am noticing some small changes- morning friend popping out more, a bit more motivated, quicker recovery from workouts- but that's about it so far. At first it was really just all negative and I almost gave up. Tons of mental ups and downs which was tough. So I am a bit sketched out to try the AI again. I tried EOD injections sub Q- that didn't work for my skin- got lumps. Could do EOD intra. Open to suggestions!! Thanks in advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Aside from that the one thing I notice is that from about 24 hrs to 48 hrs after injection my pulse increases about 10bpm, and my heart feels like it's beating harder.
This is an easy fix, inject smaller doses more frequently. A guy I saw in the gym said the same thing, was injecting 200 mg weekly and felt edgy on day 4. I told him to split up the doses and reported the edginess is now gone.

He even feels better and more consistent throughout the week. The larger the TRT dosage, the bigger the spike in hormones, this is what's causing your edginess.

The AI is the WRONG move!

when I saw that 58.6 estradiol it feels like it confirmed I'm a bit high there I think.
My estrogen last time I checked, was 70 pg/mL. I feel amazing!

Men typically will run higher estrogen on TRT, for some this will cause problems.

Last edited:

sladedog

This is reckless! Your doctor is confused and is using build building protocols as far as AI dosing and not protocols for TRT. My advice, find a doctor more up to date.

thanks for sharing. Very interesting and informative!
My Dr is a pretty well known guy, all over youtube. I believe he is well informed and has the best interest of his patients at heart. I just want to do what's best for me, and my reactions to the protocol. We all react differently i think, and it's tough to navigate that reality. I honestly don't know if I reacted to the big 200 shot and the big spike it estrogen from it, or the AI, or maybe all of it. I do know I was a mess that period of time and felt like checking myself into the ward haha! I took control of the protocol and am working my way through it. Nothing worse than panic/anxiety attacks and it was obvious that part of that combination nailed me....

sladedog

This is an easy fix, inject smaller doses more frequently. A guy I saw in the gym said the same thing, was injecting 200 mg weekly and felt edgy on day 4. I told him to split up the doses and reported the edginess is now gone.

He even feels better and more consistent throughout the week. The larger the TRT dosage, the bigger the spike in hormones, this is what's causing your edginess.

Men typically will run higher estrogen on TRT, for some this will cause problems.
thanks for that feedback! no clue how high my free and total T should be to achieve symptom relief. I certainly can adjust my injections and am willing to do it to avoid an AI if that makes sense

RickB

My Dr is a pretty well known guy, all over youtube. I believe he is well informed and has the best interest of his patients at heart.
He might be well known and have the best intentions, but "well informed" doesn't seem accurate for someone who'd prescribe 1mg of adex eod right off the bat.

Systemlord

All the dosing recommendations for Adex comes from it's intended usage, which is women with metastatic breast cancer. These body building men, at least a good portion of them look good on the outside, but are dying from the inside out taking 3+ mg per week.

Mark David

New guy here, first post. Great site, but so much info to digest. Was on trt 5 years ago for about 3 years, and after about a year had it dialed in. Then they stopped my hcg secretagogue ( said fda had banned it) and substituted clomid. Things went sideways and wasn't able to get numbers as before. Also had anastrozole at .25 twice a week and was taking 50mg of t 3 times a week. Anyway, after lowering the dosage of both a few times could never get dialed in again and eventually stopped, ( gradually). Was also taking the clomid 12.5 twice a week.
From what I've read you want E in the 20-40 range, but how do you lower it if it's too high without an AI? I'm thinking I want back on trt again, but want to do it right. I'm 6-3, 210 ( about 15 extra fat pounds, very active, always worked out, on Monday deadlifted 412lbs), and want that boost trt will give me in many departments. Ha ING bloods drawn this coming Monday.

RickB

New guy here, first post. Great site, but so much info to digest. Was on trt 5 years ago for about 3 years, and after about a year had it dialed in. Then they stopped my hcg secretagogue ( said fda had banned it) and substituted clomid. Things went sideways and wasn't able to get numbers as before. Also had anastrozole at .25 twice a week and was taking 50mg of t 3 times a week. Anyway, after lowering the dosage of both a few times could never get dialed in again and eventually stopped, ( gradually). Was also taking the clomid 12.5 twice a week.
From what I've read you want E in the 20-40 range, but how do you lower it if it's too high without an AI? I'm thinking I want back on trt again, but want to do it right. I'm 6-3, 210 ( about 15 extra fat pounds, very active, always worked out, on Monday deadlifted 412lbs), and want that boost trt will give me in many departments. Ha ING bloods drawn this coming Monday.
Mainly to spread out your dosage over time (e.g. instead of 150 once a week, inject 50 3x a week) and/or lower your dosage.

I'm not a mod or trying to act like one, but you should post a new thread to get more in depth answers about your issue specifically. It'll be better for getting replies, and it won't detract from this person's thread.

Mark David

Mainly to spread out your dosage over time (e.g. instead of 150 once a week, inject 50 3x a week) and/or lower your dosage.

I'm not a mod or trying to act like one, but you should post a new thread to get more in depth answers about your issue specifically. It'll be better for getting replies, and it won't detract from this person's thread.
Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching