New to TRT still trying to get dialed

Buy Lab Tests Online

TTanks

Okay I’m 50 years old and been working out hard since my early 20’s, I’m not overweight work out weights more than anything but run 3 days a week 2 miles each time. I started TRT exactly 120 days ago because I had all the major symptoms even though my total T was 600 My, free T 13.7,Bio available T 343, Sex hormone binding Glob 29.4. I was taking a multi vitamin with biotin in it so the numbers may not be totally accurate and keep in mind these test were ran by my primary care doctor on 9/14/18 right after I came back from a deployment in the Middle East. So I Went to a T clinic in Nov 2018 that my friend recommended and they took bloodwork and my Total T was 510. They didn’t test for anything else and started me on T Ethenat, 200mg/ml 1 cc a week. 70 days later they tested me and my total T was 1640, Estreniol 31, hemoglobin little high. At the 45 day mark I felt my best, muscle mass, strength, sleep, mood, concentration and sex Drive awesome. Than I noticed my penis sensitivity started to decrease around the 80 the day mark and testicle atrophy. We started splitting my dose to 1/2 cc every 4 days, and prescribed me HCG a half cc every 3 days along with my test. In about 2 days my testicles started to rebound and my sex Drive was great again. I’m half way thru my 10cc bottle of HCG now. My sensitivity and testicle size is continuing to improve but my sex Drive fluctuates. My Nocturnal erections since being on T have been great and since starting HCG 5 x better than great. My anti estrogen is in my suspension so I don’t take a pill. My question is why does my sex Drive and erections continue to fluctuate when everything else is getting better. My nocturnal are like steel repeatedly thru the night so the plumbing is good. I’m thinking he didn’t increase my anti estogine stuff while placing me on HCG while stacking Test and I’m getting estrogen spikes but it doesn’t effect nocturnal. He pretty much says total t and estrogen is what he needs to be concerned with and we keep those good it will all fall in place with treating the way I Feel. Do you thing My free test is too high and I would feel better In the 1200? That way my estrojine won’t fluctuate to much causing my ups and downs in sex Drive that change day to day sometimes hour by hour. He was thinkiking about changing what type of Test i take maybe giving a blended version of Cyp,Prop and ethenate? Should I lower my dose or just move from 1/2 cc every 4 days to every 5 ? If that would do anything? My T clinic says I’m extra sensitive and will be trickier to dial in. I just don’t want to be to far in where it will take a long time to dial back down or long time to reverse what’s going on.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TTanks

My next question is. If you would go get blood work done now. What specifically would you test for to address the fluctuation labido issue? And How long after my biweekly injection would you get the blood drawn?

S1W

Fluctuating libido is common/normal both with men on TRT and with men not on TRT.

In terms of being totally dialed in, it takes a lot of guys a long time to get dialed in. Like a year plus. Everyone responds differently and a fair amount of trial and error is required to find what works best for you.

Respectfully, you may need to adjust your expectations. TRT is a slow marathon and you’ll probably never get to the point where every erection is a diamond cutter and you’re horny 24/7.

Only change one variable at a time, be 100% consistent, be patient, and over time you’ll narrow down your protocol to something that works well for you. Good luck!

Systemlord

Whenever you change your dosage, it takes 6 weeks for levels to stabilize and longer to see the full benefits. I have problems with estrogen do to being obese and usually the first couple of weeks on a new protocol I have good erections and libibo, but the closer I get to 6 weeks, the more I notice I'm losing both because my estrogen is now higher than it was in the beginning.

Your erections and libido can take the longest to sort itself out, 6-12 months.

Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved

TTanks

My T was 1640 about 70 days after I started and estradiol 31. I’m thinking that there’s no reason I should need it that high for the benefits I’m trying to achieve.

CoastWatcher

The patient is handcuffed anytime an AI is blended with the testosterone dose. You can't adjust the various pieces well. Changing that element of your protocol would permit you to make discreet changes. Is your doctor open to that?

TTanks

So your asking is my doctor open to not blending the estrogen inhibitor with my dose and letting me take the pill separately ? Yes he woud let me do that. He said that he has it blended for the convenience of the patient.

Vince

Super Moderator
So your asking is my doctor open to not blending the estrogen inhibitor with my dose and letting me take the pill separately ? Yes he woud let me do that. He said that he has it blended for the convenience of the patient.
Terrible thing to do, patients always have to adjust there AI. Good trt doctors never give their patients testosterone mixed with an AI.

TTanks

I know that everyone responds differently to meds. But what do you think would be a good dose of AL to start WITH so not to crash it? That way if he gives me a dose strength that may be to high I can question it before taking it.

Vince

Super Moderator
I know that everyone responds differently to meds. But what do you think would be a good dose of AL to start WITH so not to crash it? That way if he gives me a dose strength that may be to high I can question it before taking it.
You really need to post all your labs, along with their ranges. Make sure it's the sensitivity estrogen test for men.

TTanks

I just finished my second 10 mil bottle of ethenate so I’ll make sure he doesn’t blend my next bottle. He did give me a separate prescription of pills but he hasn’t felt the need to tell me to start taking them. It’s anastrozole .25mg label says take 4 days after injecting. That label was written when I first started out injecting 1cc once a week, but now I split that to 1/2 cc every 4 days.

TTanks

I think I’m going to get my own labs done tutu discount labs. What should I test for besides, total t, free t, sensitive estrogine test for men?. They have packages
TRT MALE Hormone/Wellness Follow Up Panel, it’s 185.00.

CoastWatcher

An ai isn't a mandatory part of a TRT protocol. Anastrozole is a good drug and can be a necessary one. Smaller, more frequent doses can eliminate in the need for one in many, though certainly not all, men.

YBWV

My next question is. If you would go get blood work done now. What specifically would you test for to address the fluctuation labido issue? And How long after my biweekly injection would you get the blood drawn?

I would suggest that you get DHT measured at your next blood work. Your Doctor's comment that he's only interested in your TT and E2 levels essentially means that unless you have at least average 5a-r conversion to DHT then you'll always be reliant upon an AI to balance your hormones. That might explain his Clinic's practice of routinely adding an AI to the injectable T. (His "for patient convenience" remark is a classic).

DiscountedLabs has an offer on DHT testing of $50 - I believe you can get it separately or add to one of their blood panels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me