New to site, kinda new to trt

Buy Lab Tests Online

2ndwind

Hello everyone.
Let me start by saying that I'm very new to the site. Just found out about this a few months ago. Then first the I noticed that when others post questions about their treatment the reply usually comes back as "what are your numbers?"
Well here are mine;

Total T 1191 ng/dl
SHBG 27.6 nmdl/l
Free T 327.7 dg/ml
Estradiol 35.8 dg/ml
Somatomedin-c 199 ng/ml
Hematocrit 50.1
Cholesterol 230 mg/dl
Triglycerides 74 mg/dl
HDL 45 mg/dl
LDL 170 mg/dl
Dhea 118 ug/dl
Prolactin 10.8 ng/dl

I just had my first visit with Dr, Lipshultz last week. Prior to I was seeing another Dr since February of this year. Nice enough but I felt I wasn't getting through to her about how I was feeling.

I weighed in at 249 lbs at the first of the year and now I'm around. 215 lbs

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

2ndwind

I feel ok most days but some times I feel a little blah. Libido and morning wood are hit and miss. I just got my numbers tonight and haven't yet received the Dr.'d diagnosis so no plan as of yet. Last doctor had me on Test/cyp . 50 every 3 days.

I'm 48 years old, happily married, great job with some stress. I'm hoping to make a home here and learn.

Sean Mosher

Nice!
So you're here in Houston as well.
Dr. Lippshultz is one of the best no doubt.
My brother and 2 of my friends see him as well.

2ndwind

Thanks for the reply guys.

So I started the new protocol today.

.75 ml Test cyp every 3.5 days
.5 ml HCG every 3.5 days
.5 mg anastrozole every 3.5 days.

Fingers crossed.

Systemlord

Thanks for the reply guys.

.5 ml HCG every 3.5 days

Fingers crossed.
I would cut the dosage of anastrozole down 1/4 days until you know how you respond to it.

Systemlord

If you are not an AI over responder then maybe the combination will make the world of difference for you.

You won't know until you try, but if you are in a good place and your TRT is dialed in, I don't know if I would mess with it.

2ndwind

Hey.

I know it’s only been a few days but I’m feeling like crap. Headache in the back of the neck and behind the eyes. Libido is gone. What gives?? Feeling very down.

I did drop 2 lbs this week without trying.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Hey.

I know it’s only been a few days but I’m feeling like crap. Headache in the back of the neck and behind the. Libido is gone. What gives?? Feeling very down.

I did drop 2 lbs this week without trying.

It doesn't matter if you just started TRT or have been on it for years, whenever you start a new protocol you can kiss the good feelings goodbye for couple weeks. Changing so many things at once, it's hard to tell what's going on.

HCG is known for positive mood changes are negative mood changes, it could just be the new protocol that your body is adjusting to.

Please describe T dosages in mgs, not mL as mL is the volume of medicine, not strength.

2ndwind

If it's okay I'd like to keep track of my progress and changes here. A diary of sorts.
Sunday morning was my 2 injections and Monday was the anastrozole.

Today was a pretty good day. MW returned. Just gave myself the injections again tonight. (every 3.5 days) Fingers crossed.

2ndwind

new numbers

TESTOSTERONE LEVEL 1,116 NG/DL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 15.7 NMOL/L
CALC FREE TESTOSTERONE 368.0 PG/ML
ESTRADIOL LEVEL 18.8 PG/ML

Anixety is gone and I have a greater feeling of well being but the libido is spotty at best. Some morning wood but it seems the wife and I are at different times ready. Unfortunately I'm not always ready when she is.

CoastWatcher

In my own case, that level of estradiol (assuming you're measuring it with the LC, MS/MS - sensitive test) would negatively impact my libido. That is not to say it's the situation you face since all of us differ in how we respond to protocol elements. However, my libido is far stronger when e2 is in the high 20s - low 30s.

madman

Super Moderator
new numbers

TESTOSTERONE LEVEL 1,116 NG/DL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 15.7 NMOL/L
CALC FREE TESTOSTERONE 368.0 PG/ML
ESTRADIOL LEVEL 18.8 PG/ML

Anixety is gone and I have a greater feeling of well being but the libido is spotty at best. Some morning wood but it seems the wife and I are at different times ready. Unfortunately I'm not always ready when she is.

Again most on trt are using testosterone cypionate or enanthate which come in 10 ml vials at 100 mg/ml or 200 mg/ml strength (more common).

Your post from Dec.10 below: notice you state .75 ml instead of how many mg of testosterone you are injecting as you do not state the strength of your testosterone

.5 ml HCG every 3.5 days

Fingers crossed.

Systemlords response to you on Dec.17 was : Please describe T dosages in mgs, not mL as mL is the volume of medicine, not strength.

You than replied back stating:

.75 mg injection every 3.5 days (3/4 of a vial).

Just woke. No MW but I don't feel as bad as yesterday.

So again now you state .75 mg which makes no sense as no on injects .75 mg of testosterone unless you made a mistake and meant 75 mg of testosterone every 3.5 days?

When speaking in terms of injection protocols we will state how many milligrams of testosterone we are injecting whether using once weekly, twice weekly (every 3.5 days), 3 times weekly (M/W/F), EOD (every other day) or daily injection frequency protocols.

If anything when one states injection in ml amount than you need to atleast state the strength of your testosterone.

Regarding your blood work post the reference ranges!

Cataceous

Super Moderator
With SHBG lowish and dropping I would question the need for such a high dose of testosterone. Have you already tried maintaining normal to high-normal free testosterone for some months? Some guys find supraphysiological levels are a mistake and feel better when they reduce.

2ndwind

I didn't know there were strength levels to the medication. my meds read like this:

Testosterone cypionate in GSO (5ML) 200MG/ML

Inject 0.75 ml twice weekly

I was shown on the syringe what that should look like and how to inject.

TESTOSTERONE LEVEL1, 116 NG/DL 300 - 890 NG/D
LSEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 15.7 NMOL/L 16.5 - 55.9 NMOL/LCALC FREE TESTOSTERONE 368.0 PG/ML 47.0 - 244.0 PG/ML
ESTRADIOL LEVEL 18.8 PG/ML <=60.7 PG/ML

Apologies for any confusion. I'm pretty confused myself. I feel like I have to be a Dr. to understand this stuff. I only know when I feel bad, sad, happy, horny or anxious. I try to read as much as I can but work keeps me busy.

If it helps, I get my prescription filled from Empower

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If you feel good and all is well then the numbers are less important. But if there are still problems then you should consider that your numbers seem unbalanced. With SHBG lowish at 16 nmol/L your free T is 50% over top-of-range, while estradiol is on the low side. The general rule of thumb for low SHBG is moderation—small doses frequently and hormone levels kept closer to mid-range or lower. Clearly taking 300 mg/week of testosterone is not that, and taking a relatively large AI dose isn't ideal. This isn't to say your protocol is guaranteed to cause problems, but there's a higher chance.

2ndwind

So any advice?
Reduce the test/cyp or drop the HCG or E2 blocker.

My Dr replied that my numbers were “in a good range...continue with treatment “

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching