Need Help--Age 21 hormone imbalances

Buy Lab Tests Online

Stormer

Hey everyone--just wanted to get some input from the guys here. I am a college student struggling in school due to these issues. I feel unmotivated, low libido, sleep issues, and easily stressed out. School used much easier for me before these symptoms hit. Now thanks to the low motivation in particular I get stressed out. I also get nausea when stressed and also during workouts. Im literally barely surviving at school. Never want to do any assignment but I have to so I get stressed out. In general im missing the whole feeling of well being :(. Im also socially not as confident as I used to be and feel pretty withdrawn. I'd say I probably have some degree of depression but my symptoms change frequently. Some days my mood is better or im more anxious than depressed.

Ht: 5' 9" Wt: 125 lbs

Total chol: 107 mg/dL (100-199)
HDL: 61 mg/dL (>39)
LDL: 39 mg/dL (<100)

Testosterone Total: 470 ng/dL (348-1197)
Free Test: 94 pg/mL (52-280)
SHBG: 31 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)
DHT: 33 ng/dL (30-85)
Estradiol, LCMS: 13 pg/mL (8-35)

LH: 2.8 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 0.6 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)

Pregnenolone: 130 ng/dL (<151) Used to have 150-160 consistently so stress is depleting it I think
Cortisol AM: 13 ug/dL (8-19)

TSH: 2.0 uIU/mL (0.45-4.5)
Free T3: 4.1 (2.0-4.4)
Free T4: 1.96 (0.72- 1.77)

Thoughts? Thanks for the help. I also tried Clomid in the past btw but had to quit due to visual side effects so its not an option. Also, what causes low E2 when T is as high as 470? Surely there should be enough T to convert to E2 and bring it up?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Stormer

Just updated the ranges. I had a pituitary MRI done in the past but it was clear.

As for meds--just Xanax as needed. Also use things like Vistaril (anti histamine) for my insomnia sometimes.

Supplements: 3K IU vitamin D, 100 mcg vitamin K2, magnesium citrate, ashwagandha, prescript assist probiotic, zinc (only 3x/week), 1 g vit C, P5P, and also mucuna pruriens (I cycle this one to avoid tolerance and use it since it gives me a libido)

Stormer

Updated the post. I think my earlier post didnt go through for some reason but I take Xanax as needed (for both anxiety and it also helps me with motivation interestingly). Also Vistaril (anti histamine) as needed when I get insomnia.

Supps are 3K IU vit D, 100 mcg vit K2, mg citrate, zinc/cu (22 mg/4mg 3-4x/week), Ashwagandha, P5P, Mucuna pruriens (cycled 3x/week for libido), sometimes L-theanine.

CoastWatcher

While your testosterone and estradiol are low, particularly for someone your age, it would be the rare doctor who - because of your age - would initiate a TRT protocol. What does the doctor treating you say about the blood work you presented?

Stormer

My doctor (anti aging) also agreed that the E2 and DHT were low and probably causing my symptoms even though T levels were not that bad by themselves.

He offered a TRT trial with a TD 10% compounded cream (TD since it raises DHT more) but I haven't gone through with it yet.

My doctor (anti aging) also agreed that the E2 and DHT were low and probably causing my symptoms even though T levels were not that bad by themselves.

Your Test levels aren't that bad? My pre-TRT Test levels were higher than yours, and I'm 59 years old! Also, as Vince alluded to...your LH & FSH levels are really low. Your doc didn't say anything about that?

You might want to consider a consult with Defy Medical. You need someone who knows what they're doing. Good luck.

Braindev

Your Test levels aren't that bad? My pre-TRT Test levels were higher than yours, and I'm 59 years old! Also, as Vince alluded to...your LH & FSH levels are really low. Your doc didn't say anything about that?

You might want to consider a consult with Defy Medical. You need someone who knows what they're doing. Good luck.
Wow, really? I am 22 years old and have 400 ng/dl. My doctor says it's fine lol.

1Draw

Testosterone level of 470 ng/dl (Range 348-1197 ng/dl) is in the lower end of the range. You are 122 ng/dl from the low end and since T levels vary during the day (highest on the mornings) depending on when the blood was drawn you could even be below the lower end of the range. Look at your levels this way - you are 39% of maximum range. To me and in my opinion, a 50% reading of maximum range (598 ng/dl) would be normal. Anything at or above would be "fine" as your doctor would say. Anything "below" would be low. You need a new doctor who understands how to treat all your hormone levels.

To me and in my opinion, a 50% reading of maximum range (598 ng/dl) would be normal. Anything at or above would be "fine" as your doctor would say. Anything "below" would be low. You need a new doctor who understands how to treat all your hormone levels.

Agreed that he needs a new doctor.

You really think that 50% of the maximum would be "normal" for a healthy 21 year old kid? I'm thinking he should be a hell of a lot higher than that.

1Draw

Good point Jackie. In the article Vince referred to a study was done in 1996 that had T levels broken down by age group. In the 25-34 age group, average total T was 617 (19 points Higher than 598
) and free was 12.3. In the 75-84 age group, total T was 471 and free was 6.0. Interesting that Stormer's total T is 470 - 1 point lower than the 75-84 age group average. No wonder he has the classic symptoms of low T. By the way Vince, an excellent post! First time I have seen that study.

Vince

Super Moderator
Good point Jackie. In the article Vince referred to a study was done in 1996 that had T levels broken down by age group. In the 25-34 age group, average total T was 617 (19 points Higher than 598
) and free was 12.3. In the 75-84 age group, total T was 471 and free was 6.0. Interesting that Stormer's total T is 470 - 1 point lower than the 75-84 age group average. No wonder he has the classic symptoms of low T. By the way Vince, an excellent post! First time I have seen that study.

You really don't want to start using T at age 21. Hopefully Stormer can find a way to raise it naturally. Personally I feel my best when my total T is over 1000.

Stormer

Thanks for the replies.

I've also been trying to work out at the gym but keep getting nausea issues. Seems like in any physical/mental stressor I get nausea. In the last month, Ive also gotten some fatigue primarly in afternoons.

I suspect due to having to do school in a state of motivation issues I may have some level of HPA/adrenal issues/low cortisol from the stress. My 8 AM levels were 13 by blood test but I probably need to get the adrenal saliva test done soon.

I suspect due to having to do school in a state of motivation issues I may have some level of HPA/adrenal issues/low cortisol from the stress. My 8 AM levels were 13 by blood test but I probably need to get the adrenal saliva test done soon.

Stormer,

Did your doc address your low LH and FSH levels? This is important.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me