Help Decipher Labs - Very Low E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I dont believe RT3 is a stand alone test, sure you can order it singly, and it might still be helpful but I *think* that that one has to be run concurrent to the others.

x2 on this ... You need to run ratios with RT3/FT3, which needs to be on the same lab draw.

Being your FT3 is at the very top end of the reference range, there could be concern for pooling, as noted by VC. Especially comparing against FT4, which is under 50% of the reference range. If you are taking Cytomel (T3 only), it would/could make sense. If you're taking NDT and/or T4 Only, or taking no meds, I'd be looking to make sure T3 Pooling isn't an issue.

I don't see any iron serum, sat/TIBC, and ferritin labs either? That and a full cortisol run would also give a better perspective on the thyroid.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nate

Working on it guys. I'll add stuff as I can. I'll get iron and RT3 next round, (with maybe a 8am cortisol). The labs costs, I'm know it's my health we're talking about but labs take cash, not wants.

user_joe

I had practically zero e2 as well but lower lh and fsh and of course test.

I dnt start to reslly see the benefits of trt until I was on 140-150/wk single injections which aromatize a little more. I would increase your dose some.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I think the reason Chris mentioned Iron and Ferritin is that deficiencies there can be related to T3 pooling

Exactly right, Vince! Nate, this where the thyroid gets a little complicated. T4 converts to T3 ... In short, T3 needs iron & cortisol (glucose thereof), plus various electrolytes for being transported to the cells, and for being active with receptor sites at the cells, ATP synthase, mitochondria, & cell proliferation / regulation. When FT3 isn't making it to the cells, it "Pools" or builds up, and the body will regulate a higher conversion rate and production of RT3.

Since you don't take meds, I would usually hope to see T4 and T3 serum levels relatively close to each other in the reference ranges. Your FT4 is at 45% of reference range, FT3 is at 95%! That's a big gap, and a possible indicator that T3 is getting stuck.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Not taking any thyroid meds.

What can be done about T3 pooling if I have that problem?

Read the post above, but essentially you would need to find the culprit and/or deficiency, and get it resolved. RT3 can be problematic for many reasons, as noted from my previous post, plus it increases when you get sick, have an infection, stressed, severely fatigued, etc., anything that puts the body in a state of conserving energy. Now you know what the body is doing when you have the flu.

Nate

I'll have to wait a bit to get thyroid tested again, with RT3. But, I may be able to go get iron and ferritin tests sooner as they aren't as much. But I have question about cortisol.

There is an expensive 24 hr salivary cortisol test which would have to wait. Or there is a cortisol blood test that's cheaper, but it looks like blood is taken at 8am and again at 4pm. It's a 3hr round trip to lab, not including the wait at lab. Would doing the 8am blood test only be worth while? (By the way it looks like the salivary test requires 2 trips to lab also for pickup and drop off--what a pain.)

Thanks for the thyroid lessons.

Nate

User Joe: that was my initial reaction after seeing labs: up the test. It stands to reason that single injections weekly would aromatise more. Do you feel mood swings or anything?

Last edited:

user_joe

User Joe: that was my initial reaction after seeing labs: up the test. It stands to reason that single injections weekly would aromatise more. Do you feel mood swings or anything?

probably due to my somewhat low shbg I felt the up and then gradual down all week like that. I inject daily now at about 200/wk. every 3.5 days was fine also. Daily helped me get a handle on body acne and offered other slight improvements.

Nate

But I have question about cortisol.

There is an expensive 24 hr salivary cortisol test which would have to wait. Or there is a cortisol blood test that's cheaper, but it looks like blood is taken at 8am and again at 4pm. It's a 3hr round trip to lab, not including the wait at lab. Would doing the 8am blood test only be worth while? (By the way it looks like the salivary test requires 2 trips to lab also for pickup and drop off--what a pain.)

Any opinions on cortisol tests?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching