Naringin supplement to lower hematocrit

Buy Lab Tests Online

MarkLA

Had CBC done results below:
RBC 5.53
Hemoglobin 15.6
Hematocrit 46.8

Before this my hematocrit was 51.2. Donated blood after that (my hematocrit usually drops 2 points after a donation). And after 2 months i donated again. The CBC was done a few weeks after this last donation. Usually for me after 2-3 months my hematocrit increases 2 points. So basically i had to donated every 2-3 months to keep it stable. So according to my estimates if i was not using grapefruit my hematocrit should be: 51.2 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 49.2 (so -4 points because of 2 donations and + 2 points because of the time between donations). And my result was 46.8. So definitely grapefruit is working for me. Before TRT my CBC numbers were very close to my latest numbers! So now i will monitor CBC every 2 months without donating blood and will post results here
Do you (or anyone on GSE) have Ferritin/Iron numbers?

Do we know the method of action of GSE? i.e. Is it reducing gut iron absorption or reducing the formation of new RBCs?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Zuzulu

Supplement with naringin, good question. I wonder what effect it would have on the liver, would it effected it like grapefruit. Interfere with certain meds, Losartan is discussed also for lowing hematocrit. Can Losartan decrease high hematocrit caused by testosterone replacement?
I recently had donated whole blood and was nearly deferred for high lvl. Donating blood every 56 days may be beneficial. I had gone to long between donation. I’m on losartan, so for me it didn’t work. I will be starting Naringin today. So we will see. I’m on TRT.

MarkLA

My last bloodwork on Grapefruit Seed Extract did not seem to make a difference. I have already somewhat slowed the HGB growth by reducing iron intake (no red meat). My Ferritin when last tested a long time ago was depleted from phlebotomies which also helps. If Naringin works by reducing iron absorption then I'd expect that it shouldn't make much difference for someone like me who doesn't take in much iron. I'm curious on others' results.

Kapan

As I read your responses - I am amazed. It is finally nice to hear others struggle with high hematocrit. I have having medical phlebotomy's done at the hospital now for over 7 years. I have developed extensive scar tissue in my arms and now the nurses struggle to remove it. Last time - they did it manually since she couldn't hit the vein correctly. I originally started donating blood to see if that helped - the issue for me was that there are times when I need to go in every two weeks and donation doesn't allow you to, since the blood takes something like 52-58 days to recycle and replenish. On average, I get my CBC done every two weeks. My phlebotomy's at the hospital are done two weeks to the longest I have gone was one time at 8 months. When my hematocrit is high, the effects are huge. It goes into my brain often like I have dementia or had a stroke, I cant remember words or recall things, I have severe and daily chest pressure, my legs burn as I walk up little hills, my fingers can't type. I was diagnosed with secondary polycythemia however currently - I only struggle with my hematocrit and extremely low white blood cells. The other MAJOR issue is that I am Iron Deficient Anemic... I am not supposed to take Iron but I am.. the reason is because I have hemochromatosis - which I don't have an issue with..

I am tired of phlebotomy's which costs about $100.00 a draw.. My Hematologist/Oncologist is doing nothing, my primary is over his head. So, I have started to drink LOTS of water (well for me) and started taking Naringin nightly in pill form (500mg) and I love grapefruit juice so I drink that too.

Last week I went in and my hematocrit was high - my high level is anything over 42. Once I get over 42 then it starts to effect my brain.. My ferritin (Iron storage is low, 7). I chose NOT to get a phlebotomy and have decided to try the water/naringin for two weeks to see if it drops. I am hopeful. Yesterday I went for a hike with a 1500 elevation gain in a short few miles.. I powered through it. I could breath. My legs didn't burn. So, again I am hopeful.

MarkLA

I think you mean over 52 not over 42.

Have you eliminated iron in your diet? For me that seemed to help.

What is your T dose? Have you tried more frequent dosing and/or a lower dose?

Have you tested for sleep apnea?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching