My current hunt for TRT, Help!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fireproof

Shoot, looks like I missed that window then. I just emailed them all anyway just in case it's "close enough"... Also sent all past labs like you did to show a trend, specifically my test which shows -

10/18/13 828.1
5/17/14 789.1
11/8/14 772.3
5/16/15 552
2/27/16 283.8

Treatment stared 9/13 which was 100mg weekly of test cyp. To me it doesn't look right as the trend is kinda ugly...

Good deal - yeah that trend looks interesting. I'm by no means an expert - but two things come to mind:
1) Could it be that your natural test production shut down over that time, in the absence of HCG, so that contributed to the drop?
2) Or were you on some other TRT treatment prior that may have contributed to high numbers initially, and then decreased over time? (For example, in my case, I had moved off of pellets and my total test looked like that as the pellets got used up over time and were no longer contributing...)

At any rate - as mentioned above - you are in good hands with Defy. They'll get you sorted.

I'm confused. Why would Defy have an issue writing a scrip for bloodwork & meds if patients insurance would cover that? They would still make $$$ on consultation.

Note I'm on medicaid (student making less than $15K/year). All labs & meds are covered by medicaid. I just pay for needles out of pocket. Luckily my doctor is not like the doctor described above, but if he was - I don't understand why Defy would not work with me to just provide consult and let Medicaid pay everything else. And just to be clear - the labs are the expensive part. Meds are relatively inexpensive. Please explain.

They do exactly that, for me. To clarify what Defy doesn't do, is file insurance claims. In that paradigm, you would have to file claims to your insurance carrier and be reimbursed. That is a HUGE hassle and takes weeks to be reimbursed. Defy will typically provide you the papwerwork to file those claims, codes and so forth that insurance needs.
From personal experience I switched to Defy because, partially, dealing with insurance on my own was a GD nightmare.

Being in your financial situation, the only place I know that does accept and file insurance claims is Low T Center. Otherwise, it might seem you're stuck out-of-pocket, if you want to play the HRT game.

shan1784

Good deal - yeah that trend looks interesting. I'm by no means an expert - but two things come to mind:
1) Could it be that your natural test production shut down over that time, in the absence of HCG, so that contributed to the drop?
2) Or were you on some other TRT treatment prior that may have contributed to high numbers initially, and then decreased over time? (For example, in my case, I had moved off of pellets and my total test looked like that as the pellets got used up over time and were no longer contributing...)

At any rate - as mentioned above - you are in good hands with Defy. They'll get you sorted.

Yeah, there was nothing else with the test cyp. No HCG or prior TRT meds for a couple years prior to starting with test cyp. I have been on androgel and testim in my early 30's but that doc just decided to pull me off "because I lost weight".. Lol, that was before I did any research and had no idea that was crazy.

At any rate when I've addressed the trend with current docs they don't really acknowledge it and say I'm still in normal range.

GA8314

My guess is that Defy does not want to get bombarded with insurance claims adjustments, pre approvals, and the myriad of BS which comes with dealing with insurance.

My take is this. If you are a grown man, and you are unwilling to INVEST up to $200/month for your health, then that's your problem.

I have no vested interest in Defy or any other TRT providing company. But, this is about your health. More guys will spend that amount of money on useless things which add zero value to their health.

shan1784

So I talked with Chelsea Friday afternoon.. Got all paperwork turned in except for physical form. My doc won't get me in for physical until 4/21 so going to look for a local walk in clinic that might be able to do one... Working on getting my lab results from local TRT clinic that took them last Thursday but Chelsea said that alot of the labs I had done in late Feb will work but some will still be required...

Have a great feeling so far with Defy.. I've talked to and researched many others and none have really left me feeling 100% comfortable including the local place I was one foot in the door with...

CoastWatcher

So I talked with Chelsea Friday afternoon.. Got all paperwork turned in except for physical form. My doc won't get me in for physical until 4/21 so going to look for a local walk in clinic that might be able to do one... Working on getting my lab results from local TRT clinic that took them last Thursday but Chelsea said that alot of the labs I had done in late Feb will work but some will still be required...

Have a great feeling so far with Defy.. I've talked to and researched many others and none have really left me feeling 100% comfortable including the local place I was one foot in the door with...

All the best.

ERO

Good for you!

Oh, and you may want to ask your local clinic if you can get your labs on-line. Many places offer that now and if so, just download and email them to Defy Medical. Save you some time vs snail-mail.

shan1784

Good for you!

Oh, and you may want to ask your local clinic if you can get your labs on-line. Many places offer that now and if so, just download and email them to Defy Medical. Save you some time vs snail-mail.

I tried getting them online and threw out the option to email but she just said she typically mails them out when needed and they don't do anything online... Lol, what year is it???

Helboi

I tried getting them online and threw out the option to email but she just said she typically mails them out when needed and they don't do anything online... Lol, what year is it???

You can sign up with Labcorp at their website and results will be automatically posted to your account after they've been sent to the doc (usually 1-2 days after they get it).

shan1784

You can sign up with Labcorp at their website and results will be automatically posted to your account after they've been sent to the doc (usually 1-2 days after they get it).

Yes moving forward this will be awesome but initially getting them from the clinic I just had them done at is saving me $$$... Considering doing the total t and free t over though. I took injection less then 4 days prior to blood draw.

Re-Ride

HIPAA does not allow them to email or do on line unless it is encrypted. Fairly sophisticated pt portal required. However the new Federal HHS directives require the labs to directly report to pt by-passing the doc altogether. Labcorp is exempt though owing to their off-world headquarter status. Labcorp does have a pt portal but unless domiciled in their quadrant it either shows you don't exist or the your profile will be blank. They were very nice to me, I'll say that much, and mailed a hard copy after three months and forty two requests.

ERO

I know HIPAA is very stringent so I am almost surprised that I can get my labs from the local ZoomCare facility that I use for annual physicals and that we all can get labs via email from Discountedlabs. I am grateful that we can, believe me.

ERO

Yes, service-based businesses that don't do anything online are a pet peeve of mine as well :) I get the security concerns, but still...its 2016...lets get with the program.

BeeGee

I know HIPAA is very stringent so I am almost surprised that I can get my labs from the local ZoomCare facility that I use for annual physicals and that we all can get labs via email from Discountedlabs. I am grateful that we can, believe me.

HIPAA is one of the most poorly written laws in our country. Most basic email servers are HIPAA compliant, but no service provider declares that out of fears of lawsuit. It's frustrating.

Re-Ride

HIPAA is one of the most poorly written laws in our country. Most basic email servers are HIPAA compliant, but no service provider declares that out of fears of lawsuit. It's frustrating.

Any doc treating you is not constrained by HIPAA. He should be resulted on all testing regardless of who ordered them. One doc does not need your release to share notes or results with another. It is extremely frustrating that most MD staff and lab personnel are unaware of this. This recently caused me quite a bit of grief and hours upon hours wasted time. My inquiries back east had to be routed to a Labcorp compliance officer on the west coast who stated he had to put a "retraining request" in. Eventually labcorp personnel ceased informing my doc that "the law prohibited them from releasing results ordered by the other doctor".

The consequence of the above experience is that I haven't yet returned for labs. Any benefit of labs is offset in its entirety by greatly elevated blood pressure. In fact I'm seriously considering buying my meds through alternate channels and by-passing the so called health care system altogether when it comes to HRT.

The former can-do attributes of Americans have been replaced by bureaucratic obstruction to the point of absurdity. A lube facility couldn't provide service "because their oil drum pump was broken" . No problem, my engine requires this one gal bottle from the dealer. "sorry sir, we can't do that for liability reasons". Fine, drain the oil and push it outside. "that's illegal".

Start voting with your feet and wallets folks.

Re-Ride

Shan (op), Like me you've already invested a huge chunk of your adult life relying on the medical establishment for TRT. Recently you came to the conclusion that you could no longer allow your health to suffer and considered paying $850 for a consult and script. The doctor you were referred to in the sunshine state is awesome. He's worth every penny of his fee. As time and your finances permit you should absolutely seek admission to that practice.

If I still lived in Brooklyn I would be accessing alternate channels. The reality of retirement is that many are finding that utilizing alternative channels is increasingly becoming the only option. If you notice many smiling people of southern European descent about you are shopping in the right neighborhood.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me