More difficult to build muscle with optimal thyroid?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Optimal FT3 should be anywhere around 3.7 to 4.2 or so. Has anyone noticed more difficultly to build or hold muscle at this level range?

Should perhaps an ectomorph interested in muscle building think twice on optimizing FT3 at these levels?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Myopathy in Hypothyroidism
  • Weakness in muscles close to the center of the body (thighs, shoulders)
  • Cramping
  • Elevated creatinine
  • Rarely, enlarged muscles (Hoffman's syndrome)
  • Rarely, breakdown of muscle tissue (rhabdomyolysis)
Myopathy in Hyperthyroidism
  • Muscle weakness
  • Creatinine levels tend to be normal
  • Cramping (uncommon)
  • Rarely, issues with the muscles involved in swallowing and breathing (rare)

Guided_by_Voices

While the link below describes in great detail why high thyroid hormone levels may make building muscle more difficult, there are lots of other reasons why you would not want low levels (low energy, etc) and there are other ways to counteract this issue such as eating more, so lowering thyroid for this one reason doesn't seem like a great idea unless you can do so with no other adverse affects.

Gianluca

While the link below describes in great detail why high thyroid hormone levels may make building muscle more difficult, there are lots of other reasons why you would not want low levels (low energy, etc) and there are other ways to counteract this issue such as eating more, so lowering thyroid for this one reason doesn't seem like a great idea unless you can do so with no other adverse affects.

Good article, the studies linked to it describe people who are hyper, and it makes sense being hyperthyroidism could cause muscle breakdown. I don't think in the study it was reported what level of FT3 cause the muscle break down

TorontoTRT

I can assure you that having sub optimal levels will most surely interfere with muscle building. You’re probably seeing posts about how t3 is catabolic etc. Those guys take huge amounts to burn fat. Being within normal range will have zero negative impact on muscle building and only positive.

Gianluca

I can assure you that having sub optimal levels will most surely interfere with muscle building. You’re probably seeing posts about how t3 is catabolic etc. Those guys take huge amounts to burn fat. Being within normal range will have zero negative impact on muscle building and only positive.
I wanted to see what everyone experience was in regards to building muscle and optimizing thyroid, perhaps hearing some anecdotes from ectomorphs like me.

I personally was on small dose NP thyroid, FT3 ranging from 4.0 to 3.7, I stopped it two months ago, and at this point FT3 should be at 3.0. Small difference but I can tell I hold more weight, 5lb more possibly in water an fat, but muscle look fuller for sure, perhaps the effect of water

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me