Might quit 7 weeks in? Need help.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cshull09

Looking for help 7 weeks in

32, 185 lbs, 6’ 1”, don’t train but active life build my own house ect.

I started TRT 7 weeks ago. I’ve never had anxiety or depression in my life but Jan 7th I had a full blown anxiety/panic attack pretty much outta no where. I’ve since learned that stress kills T, and I was/am under a lot of stress. Before though, stress seemed healthy to me. I thrived taking on lots of projects and working long hours. Now the script has flipped.

Anyway I went to the doc a week after the anxiety started because I was so miserable. Just in a constant state of fear. First labs revealed.

Total t 177 ng/dl
Free t 10.1 pg/ml
Estradiol 11.pg/ml
High reverse T3
And low Vit D

After labs he started me in 100 mg once per week of test C and Vit D supp. Things were trending upward until mid way through the third week. I woke up 2 days before my next shot drenched in sweat and in a terrible panic. I told the doc and we ran labs right before the 4th shot. Those labs showed

Total T of 377 ng/dl
Free T of 14 pg/ml
Estradiol of 24.6 pg/ml
Reverse T3 improved into normal range
Didn’t test Vit d

The day after my 4th shot I felt real depression for the first time in my life. I wasn’t thinking of the S word, but I def wanted to die. This scared the life outta me. I decided to start lexapro that the doc had prescribed at the very beginning, he said to help even things out. Well I only lasted 6 days on that at half does (5mg) because it made the anxiety/derealization soooo much worse.

The following week, week 5, was my best yet. It helped that I took time off but I thought for sure I was finally coming outta it. I was also unhappy with the unavailability of my main doc so I went to a clinic for a second opinion. They drew blood directly AFTER my 5th shot and found

Total T 732 ng/dl
Free T 25.3 pg/ml
Dhea 300 ug/dl
Estradiol 35 pg/ml
SHBG 19.1 NMOL/L
Thyroid markers were all good, good insulin sensitivity, good Vit D.

Well 2 days into week 6 the anxiety came back and has been kinda present ever since. Now I’m halfway through week 7 and I experienced true depression again so I decided to reach out. I’m still off work looking for answers. Hopefully someone has a story like mine and can help. Maybe more frequent injections?

Tldr: suddenly developed anxiety at age 32 after never having it. Want to give TRT a chance but it hasn’t really seemed to help. Wondering if more frequent injections would help.

Edit: I should also add I have no libido at all. Which def wasn’t the case before this, my wife and I averaged 4 times a week. General lack of motivation, unhappy, and seemingly wild swings. 30 minutes I’ll feel like my old self followed by hours of anxiety. Shit sucks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Ya man, ur story is wild. Obv not the norm. Sorry to hear that ur reacting this way. I’m sure it’s a literal nightmare what ur going through.

how many iu’s of vitamin d are u taking per day? U taking d3 I assume?

are u taking any magnesium? vitamin D depletes magnesium, and low magnesium levels can throw a lot of things off. Mainly with anxiety and depression. Not saying this is the main cause for what ur going through, but it’s playing a role, if I had to guess

as far as ur protocol goes, I would stick to the same dosage per week, but split ur shots up and do every other day injections to see if that helps. Are u injecting IM or subQ?

Cshull09

Ya man, ur story is wild. Obv not the norm. Sorry to hear that ur reacting this way. I’m sure it’s a literal nightmare what ur going through.

how many iu’s of vitamin d are u taking per day? U taking d3 I assume?

are u taking any magnesium? vitamin D depletes magnesium, and low magnesium levels can throw a lot of things off. Mainly with anxiety and depression. Not saying this is the main cause for what ur going through, but it’s playing a role, if I had to guess

as far as ur protocol goes, I would stick to the same dosage per week, but split ur shots up and do every other day injections to see if that helps. Are u injecting IM or subQ?
I’m on 5k of Vit D and it’s back in normal range now. Been supplementing mag as well as other stuff for thyroid like iodine and selenium. Right now I’m doing IM once a week into my shoulder.

Gman86

I’m on 5k of Vit D and it’s back in normal range now. Been supplementing mag as well as other stuff for thyroid like iodine and selenium. Right now I’m doing IM once a week into my shoulder.
5K of vit d3 is a good dose. Try taking more mag if u can. U want to take as much as u can without getting loose stools. Once u start getting loose stools, just back ur dose down a bit, and that’s the dose u should be able to stay at

what form of iodine are u taking? And how many mcgs or mgs are u taking per day?

what form of selenium are u taking? and how many mcgs of it are u taking per day?

and ya I would do 100mg of test cyp split into every day or every other day IM injections, and see if that helps

Cshull09

7 weeks is very early in the TRT world to be expecting significant changes. Significant changes are expected after several months and maximum benefits are achieve after years.
Thanks man. I don’t wanna do an SSRI because the one I tried sucked but idk maybe. I’m just trying to give T a real shot here, praying that if I up frequency I’ll start feeling better

Simbarn

Thanks man. I don’t wanna do an SSRI because the one I tried sucked but idk maybe. I’m just trying to give T a real shot here, praying that if I up frequency I’ll start feeling better
I thought of this video one of the members posted in a thread recently that may be interesting for you to watch.

This is the thread, where we are discussing possible alterations in the sympathetic nervous system due to hormone therapy. Plus the possibility that TRT can increase levels of SERT, thus lowering the amount of available seratonin in the synapse, as the doctor in the above video discusses in detail.

With regard to SSRI's often the initial temporary effect of these is a worsening of symptoms for a few weeks, for example an increase in anxiety. It may also be that you need to try a different SSRI as you mentioned.

Systemlord

I’m just trying to give T a real shot here, praying that if I up frequency I’ll start feeling better
It took my 5 years to figure out my protocol, injections, gels, creams would never work for me, because I’m a unicorn. I need very frequent dosing and short half-life esters to response to treatment.

I’ve had the most problems of anyone on TRT. I never gave up!

I’m on Jatenzo, a relatively new oral gel capsule taken (237 mg) twice daily. It’s very expensive and got a medical exception from my doctor due to treatment failure on all other formulations.

Cshull09

It took my 5 years to figure out my protocol, injections, gels, creams would never work for me, because I’m a unicorn. I need very frequent dosing and short half-life esters to response to treatment.

I’ve had the most problems of anyone on TRT. I never gave up!

I’m on Jatenzo, a relatively new oral gel capsule taken (237 mg) twice daily. It’s very expensive and got a medical exception from my doctor due to treatment failure on all other formulations.
Did you experience anxiety/depression on certain protocols? And what made you keep going?

Systemlord

Did you experience anxiety/depression on certain protocols? And what made you keep going?
Wanting to live. My diabetes was getting further and further out of control. I did experience anxiety and depression when vitamin status wasn’t healthy and that’s when things were at their worst.

Gianluca

Looking for help 7 weeks in

32, 185 lbs, 6’ 1”, don’t train but active life build my own house ect.

I started TRT 7 weeks ago. I’ve never had anxiety or depression in my life but Jan 7th I had a full blown anxiety/panic attack pretty much outta no where. I’ve since learned that stress kills T, and I was/am under a lot of stress. Before though, stress seemed healthy to me. I thrived taking on lots of projects and working long hours. Now the script has flipped.

Anyway I went to the doc a week after the anxiety started because I was so miserable. Just in a constant state of fear. First labs revealed.

Total t 177 ng/dl
Free t 10.1 pg/ml
Estradiol 11.pg/ml
High reverse T3
And low Vit D

After labs he started me in 100 mg once per week of test C and Vit D supp. Things were trending upward until mid way through the third week. I woke up 2 days before my next shot drenched in sweat and in a terrible panic. I told the doc and we ran labs right before the 4th shot. Those labs showed

Total T of 377 ng/dl
Free T of 14 pg/ml
Estradiol of 24.6 pg/ml
Reverse T3 improved into normal range
Didn’t test Vit d

The day after my 4th shot I felt real depression for the first time in my life. I wasn’t thinking of the S word, but I def wanted to die. This scared the life outta me. I decided to start lexapro that the doc had prescribed at the very beginning, he said to help even things out. Well I only lasted 6 days on that at half does (5mg) because it made the anxiety/derealization soooo much worse.

The following week, week 5, was my best yet. It helped that I took time off but I thought for sure I was finally coming outta it. I was also unhappy with the unavailability of my main doc so I went to a clinic for a second opinion. They drew blood directly AFTER my 5th shot and found

Total T 732 ng/dl
Free T 25.3 pg/ml
Dhea 300 ug/dl
Estradiol 35 pg/ml
SHBG 19.1 NMOL/L
Thyroid markers were all good, good insulin sensitivity, good Vit D.

Well 2 days into week 6 the anxiety came back and has been kinda present ever since. Now I’m halfway through week 7 and I experienced true depression again so I decided to reach out. I’m still off work looking for answers. Hopefully someone has a story like mine and can help. Maybe more frequent injections?

Tldr: suddenly developed anxiety at age 32 after never having it. Want to give TRT a chance but it hasn’t really seemed to help. Wondering if more frequent injections would help.

Edit: I should also add I have no libido at all. Which def wasn’t the case before this, my wife and I averaged 4 times a week. General lack of motivation, unhappy, and seemingly wild swings. 30 minutes I’ll feel like my old self followed by hours of anxiety. Shit sucks
Do you know your Pregnenolone/Progesterone levels? FT4/FT3 rT3 numbers?

I feel your pain brother. I am in the same position. I am off work to trying to figure it out. I'm like in a heightened state of mind all the time with anxiety. I have just switched to daily injections to see if that helps. And I'm only on 100mg a week. Maybe our nervous system has taking a beating and it's burnt out ?

t_spacemonkey

I would not touch SSRI' at all. there is no such thing as a serotonin deficiency, if anything this shit will cause one
dr Rautenbach (i mispelled this for sure) recommend to take 100mg pregnenolone + magnesium for anxiety on TRT

Gianluca

I feel your pain brother. I am in the same position. I am off work to trying to figure it out. I'm like in a heightened state of mind all the time with anxiety. I have just switched to daily injections to see if that helps. And I'm only on 100mg a week. Maybe our nervous system has taking a beating and it's burnt out ?
for sure running at supraphysiological Test level can do it, since test has an effect on the CNS. But other factors need to be taken into account here. Daily injection is a good way to see more precisely where your levels are with that particular dose.

Fortunate

Sorry to hear about your struggle, brother. I think what you are going through is actually fairly common on TRT.

I have personally experienced a little bit of what you described in bits and pieces. I think the advice to go on a low-dose, daily injection is sound. When you’re doing more frequent injections, you can drop the dose quite a bit. Some people do well on 8 mg a day.

I have also previously been on Natesto for a long time. I am not on it currently, but I did find that it was very good for mood. Inconvenient, for sure. But, virtually no side effects. You might give that a try.

sammmy

Have you done a CBC with differential lab test to see how your immune system is doing? Do you have symptoms of infection such as fevers, headaches, body aches?

Your problems may be related to the thyroid and I am not sure that taking iodine and selenium is the correct way to treat that, albeit it is "natural". I would go to a good endocrinologist to look into that.

Definitely lower the T dose and inject more frequently to avoid huge valleys and peaks. These may exacerbate the problem.

for sure running at supraphysiological Test level can do it, since test has an effect on the CNS. But other factors need to be taken into account here. Daily injection is a good way to see more precisely where your levels are with that particular dose.
I switched to daily all this week and again the same effect. Intact I didn't bother injecting today as I knew what was going to happen. I feel like throwing the towell in on my 2nd trt journey

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me