looking for price optimization help

Buy Lab Tests Online

johnoh

Hi guys. I started with Defy about six months ago and have been happy with them but now want to check into whether I can save money on meds instead of using their partner Empower. Empower has been mailing me my HCG and Test vials, which adds $15 or $30 shipping depending on how much lead time you have. I live in Tampa and was thinking I should go with a local pharmacy but today at my latest consult was told by Defy that Empower was still the way to go because:

- if I went with Defy's local pharmacy (APS) I would have to pay more because they do not sell generic Test
- if I want to find my own local compounder, Defy charges $25 to call the prescription in
- Defy will not give me a written prescription that I can walk away with.

Given these restrictions it seems like Empower is still the way to go but am interested if anyone else has tackled this issue differently. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

If you have insurance and has been diagnosed with hypogonadism (most insurances require 2 tests showing TT < 300 or lab lower range) it might be cheaper have Defy call in the pharmacy. For HCG that is most likely not the case as compounded HCG is cheaper than brand HCG sold at pharmacies and not many health insurance companies cover fertility drugs. DHEA and Pregnenolone buy OTC from brands like Pure encapsulations. Anastrozole is covered by insurance but you will get 1mg pills and dosing can be a pain. Plus the 25 dollar call in fee will probably kill any savings there. So basically yes you can save some money if you have good insurance. In my case I do have good insurance and did the math about the savings and the hassle to go through insurance didn’t make sense to me. However if money is tigh it can be a good way to save some $$.
The way to save big is find a insurance covered doctor that would prescribe you all your TRT meds. But tough to find a good TRT doctor that takes insurance.

Blackhawk

I buy HCG ad anastrozole from ReliableRx online. It is a learning curve dealing with them, but the end result is about half the cost. I get DHEA (Douglas micronized) and pregnenelone (Life Extension) from amazon, T cyp and NDT still from Defy/Empower.

I also defray costs by having my PCP order labs under insurance. I pretty much meet my deductible yearly, so it pans out, but Defy's out of pocket lab prices are the best I've found.

HealthMan

HCG is a controlled substance in some states. So depending where you live buying it online without a prescription can end up in big trouble. Not worth it just o save a few bucks in my opinion.

Last edited:
I haven't found a way to reduce my costs on Cyp, Defy meets my needs there and has the best mainstream clinic price I know of. Though being closer to dialed in with a Cyp dose reduction has put me in a spot that 5mL lasts me almosts two months so there's real cost savings there of not being driven to the upper limit of physiological levels.
But I do use the $25 call in fee for Exemestane which I have great insurance coverage on, FAR less than I can get thru Defy. HCG I don't use much of so the cost is spread out over 3-4 months that I don't notice...$40 for 6Kiu IIRC.

One way you can save is on labs. If you have private insurance check your coverages there. Too see if your insurance has something called a "Lab Card"....no deductible/no copay/ I've paid exactly zero on labs for years now with that coverage.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching