Lipoderm Gel - Scrotal

Buy Lab Tests Online

lamplight

I was prescribed Lipoderm Testosterone. The prescription was sent to a compounding pharmacy from my urologist.

I called and asked if there was no alcohol in the Lipoderm gel, and was told that it is made without alcohol.

Would this be safe for applying to the Scrotum?

Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I was prescribed Lipoderm Testosterone. The prescription was sent to a compounding pharmacy from my urologist.

I called and asked if there was no alcohol in the Lipoderm gel, and was told that it is made without alcohol.

Would this be safe for applying to the Scrotum?

Thank you!

Of course!

The Benefits of Compounded Medications

Using compounded transdermal testosterone appears to be more effective than the brand name (manufactured) transdermal testosterone products (Androgel, Testim, etc.) for a few reasons.
  • Higher concentrations of testosterone can be achieved in a compounded transdermal.
  • Most male patients respond best to dosages between 5% - 20% applied topically to reach 5mg-10mg absorption.
    • Common strengths found in compounded topical testosterone products range between 5%-20% testosterone. 5% equals a 50mg/ml concentration of testosterone; 7% equals 70mg/ml; 10% equals 100mg/ml; etc.
    • The highest concentration available for most transdermal hormone creams and gels is 20% or 200mg/ml. More than 20% concentration may result in a poor distribution of the testosterone, ‘clumping’ of the ingredients, and reduced absorption of the medication.
  • Patients can select the transdermal delivery system that works best for them through compounding.
    • For example, cream-based delivery systems apply better to skin in sensitive areas, such as the scrotum or inner thighs. Using an alcohol-based gel in these areas can irritate the skin, therefore using a compounded cream is preferred.
    • Some patients who do not experience skin irritation may like the consistency and faster rate of absorption found in gels. Compounding pharmacies can compound either a gel or cream depending on what the prescription calls for. If the type of delivery system is not specified on the prescription, the pharmacy will usually default to either a cream or gel base.

Available Transdermal Delivery Systems for Testosterone

Compounded Medications

Testosterone is available at compounding pharmacies that specialize in hormone preparations.

Compounding pharmacies have the ability to customize topically applied testosterone into different strengths and combinations using a variety of transdermal delivery systems (Lipoderm, HRT, Versabase, alcohol gel).

Compounding pharmacies can be used to prescribe a higher concentrated transdermal testosterone which will allow enough of the hormone to be absorbed to maintain a good physiologic level of total testosterone.

In addition, testosterone can be compounded using a custom delivery system which will result in minimal skin reactions. Lipoderm, Versabase, and HRT base are delivery systems that can provide maximum bioavailability and penetration of active ingredients while minimizing skin irritation that can occur with alcohol-based gels or transdermal patches.

The higher dose compounded testosterone creams containing 5% to 20% testosterone have been available by physician’s prescription from any compounding pharmacy specializing in hormone preparations.

The cost for compounded testosterone creams is less than 1% AndroGel® and less expensive generic alternatives can be compounded by many pharmacists. Low-dose dihydrotestosterone, DHT gel, labeled Andactrim™, also from Solvay, has been available in Europe for almost a decade. Doctors who specialize in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy have been using cream and gel delivery of female hormones for decades.

Compounded testosterone creams create more physiologic testosterone levels, skin reactions are minimal, and short-term discontinuation of therapy is possible due to the longer half-life of up to 25 hours.

Scrotal application is also convenient and discrete while theoretically producing more DHT than when applied to other locations on the body.

lamplight

Thank you very much.

It’ll be ready on Tuesday. My doctor suggested that I rub it on my torso, but I’ve been reading up on scrotal application and that seems to be working out well for a bunch of people.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me