Lifestyle Medicine In High Risk Prostate Cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

In this episode, we challenge the terminology: Should Gleason 6 prostate conditions honestly be labeled as "cancer"? Many experts, including our esteemed guest, Dr. Adam Kibble - Chair of Urology at Harvard Medical School and Dana-Farber - believe the answer is a resounding "no." Delve deep into the nuances of a Gleason 6 diagnosis and why it might be more manageable than it sounds.

Dr. Kibble, an alumnus of Cornell University with a residency from Harvard and a fellowship from Johns Hopkins, has dedicated his practice to the minimally invasive treatment of urologic cancers. With over 400 peer-reviewed papers to his name and substantial grant support from the National Cancer Institute, his insights are invaluable.

Chapters

00:00 Lifestyle Medicine In High-Risk Prostate Cancer with Adam Kibel, MD
05:53 What have you seen that's really unusual in the space of prostate cancer?
07:06 The definition of high-risk prostate cancer Gleason Pattern.
08:32 Explain the difference [ between Adjuvant and Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy]
11:45 Second opinion: do they know the Gleason score the first pathologist  scored?
14:15 We need to understand where the cancer is before we can focally ablate it.
17:15 Grade predicts whether the patient will fail therapy.
24:34 I've heard four things that I can do. How do I come up with a decision?
27:56 We're over-treating patients who have Gleason 6.
29:03 Gleason 4 plus 3.
29:49 About 1 percent of Gleason 6s. Can develop an aggressive disease.
30:31 Between 40 and 60 percent of patients who are put on active surveillance fail to show up for their follow-up.
33:55 How often do you order these genomic tests like Oncotype DX?
37:13 MRI really helps me... not only around the diagnosis but around the management strategy.
38:33 Lifestyle changes have been shown to decrease a patient's risk of cardiovascular mortality
40:11 If you have a prostate [and] you live long enough. You're going to get prostate cancer. I care about the aggressive type.
42:28 Forest Bathing.
46:34 Anna Pli, Epidemiologist at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
47:37 We've identified a "Polygenic Risk Score,"...who's at increased risk for cancer.
49:36 For Those with a family history of prostate cancer or low-risk disease, this is an opportunity.
55:07 70 years old. He's been eating poorly his whole life. Diagnosed with fairly significant prostate cancer...He says I want to change my diet.
57:41 People are eating too much... Let's eat less.
58:28 Men on ADT need protein.
59:26 Genetics is only gonna work if we can then change the environment and influence the genetics or influence the outcome.
01:01 Prostate Cancer patients who visit emergency rooms on weekends - 20% increased risk of morbidity compared to those who seek care during weekdays.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching