Lexapro & Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mikey1970

Hey guys
Anyone know if on TRT, im.on Lexapro for anxiety, should I be tapering off Lexapro, for a number of reasons
Apparently anxiety will lesson maybe disappear when T levels rise
Lexapro inhibits libido
Lexapro causes low T

Now sure of all this, so any advise be great

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Any of the SSRI anti-depressants can impact erectile and libidinal issues, and, yes, testosterone replacement therapy can lift mood. But it isn't simply a matter of start testosterone and stop SSRIs. You were prescribed Lexapro for a reason. Did it help? How long have you been taking it? What is your daily dose? Who has been monitoring it? Have you discussed it with both that doctor as well as the physician monitoring your TRT? Are you currently engaged in any psychotherapy and is it of help?

PAUL-E

The sad truth is a LOT of prescription drugs can lower testosterone and screw with the endocrine system even if its not on the side effect label (it should be) that being said you could talk to your DR. about tapering off and see how you feel. I would wait at least 6 week after starting TRT though. worst case take it with your T as you would be getting it from an external source. The loss of libido might be from it lowering you testosterone.

CW brought up some good points.

I think it'd be advisable to wean off of it as you get further down the TRT highway, get to a place in 6 months or more that your hormonally stable, but TRT isn't a cure for anxiety or whatever. I would, doubt, your physician is going to be real open to hearing you want off of it because you're on TRT, they, all, seem to have a closed mind to TRT.

I´ve been on Lexapro for years for anxiety together with Testosterone. I really think it is a question of the dosage. I had libido issues when I took 10mg so I went down to 5mg and most of side effects disappeared. However, 5mg is less than a normal dose but it is enough to keep my nerves more calm. It is a trade off really. I prefer to suffer a bit from anxiety than loss of libido and problems to ejucalate.

I´ve been on Lexapro for years for anxiety together with Testosterone. I really think it is a question of the dosage. I had libido issues when I took 10mg so I went down to 5mg and most of side effects disappeared. However, 5mg is less than a normal dose but it is enough to keep my nerves more calm. It is a trade off really. I prefer to suffer a bit from anxiety than loss of libido and problems to ejucalate.
Old post I know, but wanted to respond. I've been on TRT for 3 years (33yo). Good results, but off and on libido issues, some ed issues, depression, anxiety. Doctor prescribed 10mg Lexapro today. Should I just take 5mg to start? Really worried about making my sex drive issues worse and ed issues worse

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me