Let's Play...Guess what's wrong!

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've been on HRT for a number of years overseen by Defy Medical and things have went well. However, something changed over the past couple of months that I could not figure out. So I went and had a bunch of labs done through Discounted Labs. I do not want to tell you what I have going on that's "off" or "wrong" because that might bias how you read my labs :) Instead, take a look at these numbers and tell me what you think is wrong.......Let's Play!

RBC 5.91
Hemoglobin 16.6
Hematocrit 49%
Salivary Cortisol x4 (all in range)
Iron Bind.Cap 355 (250-450)
UIBC 313 (111-343)
Iron 42 (38-169)
Iron Saturation 12 (15-55)
Total Testosterone 650
Free Testosterone 36 pg/ml
A1C 5.6
T4 Free 0.82 (0.82-1.77
DHEA 532 (102-416)
TSH 2.200
Estradiol 28
Ferritin 17 (30-400)
T3 Free 3.6

Of course there are others but all were in range and not specific in my mind to HRT. But if you'd like to know ask :)

A little background, I take .25ml Testosterone every other day SubQ, 400IU HCG twice a week Subq, Anastrozole .125mg 2 to 3 times per week.

I also donate blood to keep my hematocrit in check. My last blood donation was 64 days BEFORE these labs were drawn.

What's going on?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
The donations which probably aren't even necessary due to misdiagnosed PolyCythemia Vera are killing your Ferritin and Iron which may lead in to some of the Thyroid issues in your labs particularly the T4>T3 conversion though FT4 looks low it's Free T3 that matters but yours isn't real bad either. Would have been best to have seen Reverse T3 in those labs.

Nashtide

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Do you want us to guess what symptoms you are having? Or, do you want us to guess what might be causing the symptoms?

Vince

Super Moderator
I thought of the same thing Vince Carter did. Get a complete thyroid panel with TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3, and both antibodies.

dnfuss

I'm guessing you're referring to your ferritin, iron and thyroid values? Some similarities to my previous labs. I stopped donating and supplemented with a modest daily iron pill (ferrous bisglycinate 25mg.) for three months. Ferritin went up to where it should be, along with iron labs, and FT3 and FT4 both went up (even went a little too high, so I've since cut back a hair on my thyroid meds). Not saying that's what is right for you.

The donations which probably aren't even necessary due to misdiagnosed PolyCythemia Vera are killing your Ferritin and Iron which may lead in to some of the Thyroid issues in your labs particularly the T4>T3 conversion though FT4 looks low it's Free T3 that matters but yours isn't real bad either. Would have been best to have seen Reverse T3 in those labs.

Interesting you say misdiagnosed PolyCythemia as the risk of high hematocrit, RBC and hemoglobin is what spooks most TRT doctors and patients. When I first started HRT, my hematocrit and RBC shot up into what I was told was dangerous regions and that I needed to donate blood to keep those down and in range. Matter of fact, just by taking a look at these forums you will see numerous articles about the dangers of TRT and high hematocrit. That is why I donate blood

I say misdiagnosed because while thats the line that we follow PCV is an increase in an ALL blood factors, not just HCT/HGB/RBC, but too, it's platelets that clot and pose the risk. So if it platelets are low, the risk is diminished.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Do you want us to guess what symptoms you are having? Or, do you want us to guess what might be causing the symptoms?

Yes, I was wanting to take a little different approach. So many times we post (myself included) how we feel or what symptoms we are having then our blood tests. It is easy then to point to something and say "there is your issue" because we already know the end result (the symptom). I just wanted to try something different, I do have some symptoms happening and that is why I had the blood work. I just wanted to see what folks thought about the results, what seemed off and what those results might be causing to see if it matches what i'm feeling. Strange, maybe but wanted to spice it up a bit :0

I say misdiagnosed because while thats the line that we follow PCV is an increase in an ALL blood factors, not just HCT/HGB/RBC, but too, it's platelets that clot and pose the risk. So if it platelets are low, the risk is diminished.
gotcha! hematocrit and RBC is really the only thing that goes up on mine. Platelets stay in normal range. Doc does have me taking two fish oil pills a day just to keep things nice and slick

Nashtide

Yes, I was wanting to take a little different approach. So many times we post (myself included) how we feel or what symptoms we are having then our blood tests. It is easy then to point to something and say "there is your issue" because we already know the end result (the symptom). I just wanted to try something different, I do have some symptoms happening and that is why I had the blood work. I just wanted to see what folks thought about the results, what seemed off and what those results might be causing to see if it matches what i'm feeling. Strange, maybe but wanted to spice it up a bit :0
Okay then I agree with the others. Low ferritin and iron are causing your symptoms. I would guess fatigue and maybe shortness of breath with exercise. May take awhile for levels to normalize. Stop donating blood and try eating iron rich foods. I'm not a big fan of iron supplements for guys but I also don't know enough about this situation to make a recommendation.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me