Legal or rx marijuana for sleep?

Buy Lab Tests Online

tropicaldaze1950

Our neighbor and I talk about psych issues. In one of our conversations, she told me she has a medical mj card. Don't know her whole story but part of the reason that I do know she was prescribed is because of long standing sleep problems. She gave me the name of her prescriber. My psychiatrist has encouraged me to go for a consult. Anyone using it and your experience? Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

I can answer this question. Have severe RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and take a biologic med (Humira) and a chemo drug (Methotrexate) for meds for the RA, was diagnosed 20 years ago. I awoke multiple times at night in the past, mostly from turning, and the pain in my joints would wake me up. I got a medical marijuana card when it became legal in my state , dropped the card when recreational became legal. I buy a tincture with a majority is CBD, but a small amount of THC. I sleep most nights fairly well. I only awaken now to urinate. I started buying my tincture from a guy who grows from my gym, he makes his tincture with MCT oil vs the dispensary's that use alcohol.

Vtail

I've been using edibles (THC) to help stay asleep for about a year. Prior to that I would routinely wake up after 2-3 hours and have a terrible time getting back to sleep. With the edibles I now usually sleep 4-5 hours uninterrupted - sometimes 6 hours if my stress level is not too bad. If I have alot going on at work I will occasionally add a small dose of xanax or something similar at bedtime. I also limit fluid intake after about 5pm, otherwise my 60 yr old bladder will wake me up after every couple of hours no matter what I take for sleep.

davidrn

....' I also limit fluid intake after about 5pm, otherwise my 60 yr old bladder will wake me up after every couple of hours no matter what I take for sleep."

When I was working, I told my older patients who had that complaint, about night time urinating, a plan for helping. I suggested when they wake up they drink from their largest glass, after dinner they should shift to the smallest glass, if they awoke in the night and needed to drink, I a shot glass. I never said to limit intake, simply use a glass of the correct size for the time of day. I can't imagine anyone would drink more than a few shot glasses at night, so they will be able to decrease their late night fluid intake.

tropicaldaze1950

I can answer this question. Have severe RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and take a biologic med (Humira) and a chemo drug (Methotrexate) for meds for the RA, was diagnosed 20 years ago. I awoke multiple times at night in the past, mostly from turning, and the pain in my joints would wake me up. I got a medical marijuana card when it became legal in my state , dropped the card when recreational became legal. I buy a tincture with a majority is CBD, but a small amount of THC. I sleep most nights fairly well. I only awaken now to urinate. I started buying my tincture from a guy who grows from my gym, he makes his tincture with MCT oil vs the dispensary's that use alcohol.
Thank you. My neighbor uses edibles, incorporating mj in cookies or brownies. I have an 18 year history of treatment resistant bipolar and been on clonazepam for nearly as long. Also have C-PTSD. Won't know if mj is appropriate until I go for the consult. It might not be, since the scant research I've read concludes that marijuana is contradicted in bipolar.

I know the general difference between THC and cannabinoids, with the latter being of interest to researchers yet I've read there's a synergistic effect between the two. Until I see the doctor, it's moot.

Last edited:

tropicaldaze1950

I've been using edibles (THC) to help stay asleep for about a year. Prior to that I would routinely wake up after 2-3 hours and have a terrible time getting back to sleep. With the edibles I now usually sleep 4-5 hours uninterrupted - sometimes 6 hours if my stress level is not too bad. If I have alot going on at work I will occasionally add a small dose of xanax or something similar at bedtime. I also limit fluid intake after about 5pm, otherwise my 60 yr old bladder will wake me up after every couple of hours no matter what I take for sleep.
Thanks. I'm the caregiver for my wife who has Alzheimer's and my anxiety is elevated but especially at night. She's rapidly progressing and every few weeks brings new manifestations.

davidrn

Thank you. My neighbor uses edibles, incorporating mj in cookies or brownies.
One suggestion I would make is to find a person who is knowledgeable on marijuana and which types suit the purpose you need. If sleep is (close to) 100% of your rationale for its use then there are a huge number of options to choose from for whichever issue you hope the MJ will solve. Looking online you can find the actions each variety are better for, I never found any benefit from varieties that were supposed to help with pain, but discovered sleep was something I did find was available. Do not have any expectations on medical MJ dispensary staff actually being super informed on the products they sell. A study found that when called on the phone, 90% of dispensary staff suggested there was no issue with MJ use and pregnancy, the correct answer is "speak with your MD".
I was lucky, my gym guy grows all his own products and considers me and others he sells to his "patients" , he specializes in folks with medical needs vs just getting high.

tropicaldaze1950

One suggestion I would make is to find a person who is knowledgeable on marijuana and which types suit the purpose you need. If sleep is (close to) 100% of your rationale for its use then there are a huge number of options to choose from for whichever issue you hope the MJ will solve. Looking online you can find the actions each variety are better for, I never found any benefit from varieties that were supposed to help with pain, but discovered sleep was something I did find was available. Do not have any expectations on medical MJ dispensary staff actually being super informed on the products they sell. A study found that when called on the phone, 90% of dispensary staff suggested there was no issue with MJ use and pregnancy, the correct answer is "speak with your MD".
I was lucky, my gym guy grows all his own products and considers me and others he sells to his "patients" , he specializes in folks with medical needs vs just getting high.
Similar to what my psychiatrist said to me. My neighbor and a friend up in MA both use Indica strain. I'd let her be my guide. You're fortunate to live in a state where it's legal and you've connected with a knowledgeable cultivator.

I don't expect Florida to legalize anytime soon. My wife's family live in Maryland where it's legal and her niece is growing her own.

jayt

so I will tell you, when I use CBD or Delta 8 or 9 I can not sleep at all, I get wired and become horny as hell wanting just to fuck. I often take it for that reason, doing some trimix and a delta 8 gummy I can go for an hours and have an orgasm that is so awesome it almost hurts. If you have never done it while high on maryjane or a CBD do it, imagine the best orgasm you ever had and then triple it....

tropicaldaze1950

so I will tell you, when I use CBD or Delta 8 or 9 I can not sleep at all, I get wired and become horny as hell wanting just to fuck. I often take it for that reason, doing some trimix and a delta 8 gummy I can go for an hours and have an orgasm that is so awesome it almost hurts. If you have never done it while high on maryjane or a CBD do it, imagine the best orgasm you ever had and then triple it....
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. Keep rockin' !

DorianGray

Although cannabis does make me sleep better, I wake up feeling lousy and it lingers for the entire day. As a young man, I could indulge and be just fine, but as an older guy... unfortunately, I have to abstain. I do enjoy the buzz, but I hate the lingering hangover the next day.
As prevalent and popular as it was in the 60's, I must say I was never that fond of it either. Never bought any or sought it out, always seemed to be around and free.

AMJ61

Most people still don't seem to know this, but in all states in the USA, you can legally buy "high THCA" cannabis. I discovered this last year and have been using it daily since. The choices are almost endless. It's legal thru the Hemp Farm bill for reasons you can Google, but I assure you, it works virtually the same as "regular" cannabis.

I have also used Delta 8 cannabis products for about 2 years (edibles and vapes) and they work quite well, just a little weaker than "regular" delta 9 cannabis.

BadassBlues

Most people still don't seem to know this, but in all states in the USA, you can legally buy "high THCA" cannabis. I discovered this last year and have been using it daily since. The choices are almost endless. It's legal thru the Hemp Farm bill for reasons you can Google, but I assure you, it works virtually the same as "regular" cannabis.

I have also used Delta 8 cannabis products for about 2 years (edibles and vapes) and they work quite well, just a little weaker than "regular" delta 9 cannabis.
I have never tried Delta 8. It's likely more like old school weed...which is a good thing. This new stuff is far to potent for my liking.

Salemardan

Сonsidering medical marijuana for sleep problems can be a promising option. It's essential to explore various avenues to address sleep issues effectively. When you consult with your psychiatrist, you'll get personalized guidance tailored to your specific needs and health history. In addition to medical advice, you can also do some research on bong websites. These platforms often provide a wealth of information about different strains, consumption methods, and user experiences. It's a good way to educate yourself further on the topic.

Last edited:

RazorCarrie

It sounds like your neighbor has found relief with medical marijuana, which could be worth exploring further, especially if recommended by your psychiatrist. Talking to her prescriber could provide valuable insights into whether it might be a good fit for you. It's important to approach it with an open mind and discuss any concerns with your healthcare team. Additionally, if you're still exploring options, looking into medical cannabis uk might offer a safer alternative worth considering. Always prioritize your health and consult with professionals when making decisions about your treatment plan.

Last edited:

Fernando Almaguer

The thing, and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, is that marijuana decreases the sleep latency period (how fast one falls asleep) and harms the stages of deep sleep and REM sleep.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me