Just had my first consult at Defy. I had a pretty interesting discussion and options of treatment. Please critique my decision.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Things I found out during my consult:
1. I have primary hypogondism.
2. My thyroid labs were pretty normal but my T3 was a little off. I got my blood work from Lab Corp. Here is a snippet of the labs I received:

a) Total Test: 279 (264 - 916)
b) Free Test: 10.8 (8.7 - 25.1)
c) DHEA: 283 (138 - 475)
d) LH: 6.4 (1.7 - 8.6)
e) IGF1: 204 (98 -282)
f) Reverse T3: 15.3 (9.2 - 24.1)
g) Estradiol: 10 (8 - 35)
h) T3: 15.3 (9.2 - 24.1)
I) T4: 1.22 (.82 - 1.77)
g) SHBG: 23.6 (16.5 - 60)

I had my consult with Mike Linkous with Defy. He was pretty informative and gave his opinion on what I should do. He said that due to my age (30 and possibly wanting to have children) is it recommended that I try to jumpstart my system by raising LH through the use of a Clomid or HCG. I chose Clomid (haven’t ordered anything yet). He recommended I take 12.5 per day. Then get basic labs and have another consult in 2 months. This should also raise my estrogen levels so I don’t feel so dry.

He said eventually I will definately need to be on TRT but if my T levels can get up ~500 total and 20 free then I should feel good...that’s if SHBG doesn’t rise as well.

Also was recommended to take 25mg of OTC DHEA per day at night.

I could have started with Testosterone replacement, but figured this would be the smarter decision.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

At your age it is typically best to try clomid or HCG before moving on to TRT. I think you made a good decision.

Vince

Super Moderator
You say your primary. Does Clomid work on men who are primary or does it only work when your secondary?

You say your primary. Does Clomid work on men who are primary or does it only work when your secondary?

Im not sure Vince, the way it was phrased to me in my consult is that he wants to see my LH get up to 10-15 (over the limit), which CAN be enough to get my testicles working and produce testosterone. That is the goal in 2 months.

If that doesn’t work, then it’ll be plan B, which is Test + HCG.

Hopefully the Clomid can raise my Test levels without raising my SHBG too much (or else I’ll need more rest to mitigate the feelings of higher SHBG). And since my E was low, he said I shouldn’t need an AI, but keep it on hand.

Vince

Super Moderator
Clomid seems to increase testosterone in the younger men, when they have secondary hypogonadism. It increases your FSH and LH levels, which because you're primary should be high already.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm primary, my LH was 13.2 range 1.7-8.6 I don't know what my FSH was at the time. Comid would have been useless for me. :(

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me