Just getting started

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cope

Good morning from Wisconsin! I've been reading and watching the videos, trying to educate myself on TRT, as I prepare to get started. Over the last three years, I've put on 30 lbs of fat, become anxious in social settings, lost my sex drive, constantly fatigued, and have become irritable with my family and others. This January, I decided I needed to get back in really good shape (I pass two Army Fitness Tests each year, so I'm never in terrible shape). I joined a gym and have been working out at least 5 times a week since. While my weight dropped from 206 to 191 (I'm 5'8"), my mood got worse, sex drive decreased and irritability got worse. About 6 weeks ago, my wife told me the kids were worried about me and I needed to do something to fix this. Being an Army Officer, my mindset has always been to just push through but I was just so tired all the time and it took more energy than I could muster to put up a good "front" for everyone around me. So I asked my Dr. to test my T levels. Results were 381 Total / 8.38 Free. I was told I was in the normal range. When I said, yes but on the low end, she said, no, you are fine and I was hung up on. That's when I reached out to Defy. They ordered up the full panel and my numbers were better, 465 Total / 10.7 Free, LH 2.2, SHBG 39.7, Estradiol 22.7. Of course, Defy (Jesse was/is awesome) said that they could help me.

As an aside, I told my Dad about TRT, so he got tested, he is 68 and his results were 745 Total / 11.9 Free. Man I wish!!

Anyway, I have my consult tomorrow and I'm hoping that 10 days later I can start my given protocol and in the next couple months get back to my old self. Thank you for all the great information on this forum, I feel much better prepared.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your story. We look forward to hearing how the consult goes, what protocol is prescribed, and your future success in improving your well being.

Cope

Just finished my consult with Dr. Calkins. I have to say that he was excellent in using my labs to explain why I have been feeling the way I have been.
Protocol:
Test 80mg twice per week
HCG 500 IU twice per week
AI .125 mg twice per week

In addition, he recommended 25mg DHEA per night (my DHEA was 285). Also 5000 IU Vit D3 and 3-4000 mg Omega 3 daily.

Pongo

Hi, your T numbers are pretty good. I tried HCG mono therapy for 3 months before going the whole hog. My T numbers were alot lower than yours to start with and after 3 months went from 230 to 300 total. You could expect a higher percentage than me maybe. Your 465 may hit 600's after a good blast on HCG?

Cope

Dr. Calkins explained to me that with my SHBG, my total T would need to be 1300-1400, for me to get my free T to 25, which is where he thinks I will feel the difference.

Cope

Received an email that my meds have shipped and are due in tomorrow. I’m excited to start this journey. I failed to mention that I’m 40 and my labs were done by Lab Corps, since I neglected to put in the reference ranges.

M

MarkM

I am a little surprised that you are starting off with anastrozole, even at .125 mg twice a week, since your E2 Sensitive is sitting at 22.7. I know it is going to increase somewhat when you begin injecting the T but my guess it it will stay within range.

I am no doctor but I sure have a different view about taking an AI, anastrozole, without any symptoms.

Cope

I am a little surprised that you are starting off with anastrozole, even at .125 mg twice a week, since your E2 Sensitive is sitting at 22.7. I know it is going to increase somewhat when you begin injecting the T but my guess it it will stay within range.

I am no doctor but I sure have a different view about taking an AI, anastrozole, without any symptoms.

From what I’ve been reading and learning here, it makes sense to wait with the AI until or if I have symptoms of high E.

I also emailed Defy this morning to see their preferred timing between injections for labs. The closest Lab Corp is 90 miles away and my job takes me that way on the same day every month. So if I do it right, I could save myself a trip.

Cope

Well, I’d like to tell you all that my wife put on a naughty nurse outfit, gave me both my T and HCG shots, my Superman leaped to life and I carried her to the bedroom but she gave me my first two shots and the process has officially started.

Last edited:

Kirk001

From what I’ve been reading and learning here, it makes sense to wait with the AI until or if I have symptoms of high E.

Waiting to take it is fine, but based on my experience I would advocate that guys starting out go ahead and get a scrip for an AI and at least get some pills to have on hand, just in case. They're not very expensive and if you don't use them, so be it... I've had some nasty side effects from the beginning which seem to be estrogen-related, and though I too had the intention of avoiding the anastrozole, I'm sure glad I had some on hand.

Cope

Waiting to take it is fine, but based on my experience I would advocate that guys starting out go ahead and get a scrip for an AI and at least get some pills to have on hand, just in case. They're not very expensive and if you don't use them, so be it... I've had some nasty side effects from the beginning which seem to be estrogen-related, and though I too had the intention of avoiding the anastrozole, I'm sure glad I had some on hand.
I have the AI on hand. I ordered everything Defy prescribed, so if symptoms start, I can react immediately.

Systemlord

I have the AI on hand. I ordered everything Defy prescribed, so if symptoms start, I can react immediately.

As far as the AI is concerned, I prefer to have it and need it than need it and not have it. There aren't many doctors out there who understand how to diagnose a testosterone deficiency which is why you were told you were normal, normal for an elderly man.

I've been a Defy patient for a few weeks and the AI came in handy, Defy knew actually what to do and ended up needing to double down on the dosage do to estrogen spikes that lead to blood pressure spikes.

Cope

This morning was my second round of shots. I'm glad I was reading what to expect on here because so far, the only thing I've noticed is that I don't feel like total crap after my workouts. Now, I admit, this is a big difference because it felt like I used all of the energy I had during my workouts and then struggled to make it through the rest of the day. Now I feel good after my workouts and make it until 8 pm to go to bed. I look forward to the T building up in my system and the rest of the benefits to start kicking in.

Cope

Last night was my third round of shots and this morning is the first time I can say I actually "felt" it at the gym. I know there is a mental aspect to this but today was a level of work at the gym I haven't felt in 5-8 years. I was able to keep adding weight and was doing more and more reps. The pump was also what I used to feel, where it feels like you are stretching your skin so hard it might just rip. Still no libido or morning wood but this gives me hope that slowly but surely things are moving in the right direction.

Cope

This Thursday will be the start of week 6. To date, I have gained 14 lbs and my strength has significantly increased, as has my energy. My libido has gotten better but is nowhere near where it was when I was in my early 30s. The last two weeks, I noticed a lot of acne, across my shoulders, down my ribs and even down my arms. I was thinking it was high E2, so I took my prescribed AI with three injections in a row. That was a bad move, as my joints got worse day by day, so I stopped the AI two shots back and the joints are already feeling better. I also quit dipping on the 13th of August, so that is part of the weight gain but I never experienced a "honeymoon" but once the acne clears up, I can live with how I feel as a new normal. Oh, in the last 10 days, my wife has started to complain about me snoring. It's a nasal snoring, and she says it is very loud. She doesn't think I stop breathing, so I don't think it's apnea. I'm going to try a decongestant tonight before bed and see if that helps. That's the update!

Systemlord

TRT can worsen sleep apnea and you should get a sleep study, this will cause hematocrit to increase from oxygen deprivation and throw a wrench in your TRT. I'm unable to take a small enough dosage AI without dropping E2 too low, that stuff is poison for me.

I've noticed even when I'm awake I can breathe easier on my side vs my back, try sleeping on your side. I never had a honeymoon period either, it turned on later. Do not take the AI more than twice weekly, If you really need the AI again, see if you can get by once weekly and see how you feel at the end of the week.

I've separated the capsule and taken 1/4 and 1/2 which is still too much for me.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me