Is testing hematocrit at trough enough?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Keepfit1

I'm 49 at trough. but I'm reading that levels fluctuate. Should I test at peak?
it doesnt matter trough or not, what does matter though is that you are sufficiently hydrated and also time of day matters, Hct is higher when you wake because you dehydrate at night, so if testing at 9am wake at 7 and have a glass or two of water, not overhydrate though. If possible stick to the same time of day each time you test as Hct tends to be lower as the day goes on. I learned all this from 13 years of polycythaemia and regular testing for venisection etc. Also try to use the same lab as labs vary , drinking alcohol or flying will also dehydrate and give a higher Hct reading, so after flying or alcohol wait 2 days anyway especially long haul flights.

RickB

it doesnt matter trough or not, what does matter though is that you are sufficiently hydrated and also time of day matters, Hct is higher when you wake because you dehydrate at night, so if testing at 9am wake at 7 and have a glass or two of water, not overhydrate though. If possible stick to the same time of day each time you test as Hct tends to be lower as the day goes on. I learned all this from 13 years of polycythaemia and regular testing for venisection etc. Also try to use the same lab as labs vary , drinking alcohol or flying will also dehydrate and give a higher Hct reading, so after flying or alcohol wait 2 days anyway especially long haul flights.
I took the test early, and I was definitely not overhydrated. In fact I was probably dehydrated. Seeing that those two factors could lead to an inflated result I suppose I could be fully confident that I'm truly at, or even lower, than 49. Sounds good to me!

Vince

Super Moderator
I always drink water early in the morning before my labs. Including driving to the labs, I continue to drink a water. My last hct was 45 % not bad.

Keepfit1

I always drink water early in the morning before my labs. Including driving to the labs, I continue to drink a water. My last hct was 45 % not bad.
over hydrating will give a temporary low Hct so best not overhydrate, a glass or two say 2 hours before if early blood test but otherwise if in afternoon for example I try to be as normal as poss to get the real reading

Blackhawk

over hydrating will give a temporary low Hct so best not overhydrate, a glass or two say 2 hours before if early blood test but otherwise if in afternoon for example I try to be as normal as poss to get the real reading

Indeed. Do you want good (possibly skewed) numbers for test day, or want to know your true baseline HCT level round the clock day in and day out?

Or better yet, just stay reasonably hydrated all the time, and you don't have to worry about cheating for the test! Being dehydrated is unhealthy.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, usually my HCT around 47%, my lipidologist tells me to drink some water before my labs. It actually makes it easier for the blood draw if you're well hydrated. I am a big water drinker and usually I need to urinate at least once in the middle of the night, not because of prostate issues. I like to drink at least two glasses of water before bed. Stay well hydrated it's actually good for you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me