Is a one inch needle too much?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mrmurse

I currently have a set up similar to that. It was ordered with my initial order from Defy/Empower. However, the needles are 5/8 ". I purchased a few 25 gauge, 1 inch needle tips from my local pharmacy to try out and I was left with roughly 0.03-0.04 ml of testosterone left after the injection. That adds up quickly doing 3 injections a week. I know it doesnt seem like much, but I am trying to minimize the waste, while also using a needle to ensure I am injecting IM. I may just stick with the 27 gauge, 1/2 inch since there is nearly no wasted medication.

These don't seem to be safety syringes, but I may be wrong. I was thinking about trying these out over the second link I had posted.

UltiCare TB Syringe 25 Gauge, 1cc, 1" Needle - 100 Count

fifty

I had a syringe from my injection today. I just took the tip off and blew the remaining oil out the 25g needle tip. Two baby drops came out. I don't know how you're getting .03ml left over. More like .01ml.

Last edited:

mrmurse

See, I thought I was going crazy. I assumed it was a miniscule amount. But with that one inch needle, I pulled back after I gave myself the injection and the remaining medication was to the third tick mark. It was a good bit of medication. Granted, I do believe it was a safety needle. If that makes a difference

fifty

I don't know what to tell you then. I have exactly what I linked above and I had 2 droplets of waste. Buy what you linked in your message and let us know how they are.

fifty

I would like to admit I was wrong. I did what you said and pulled back the plunger on the syringes I posted. There is indeed .02 to .03ml left over. Thanks for the heads-up!

mrmurse

I would like to admit I was wrong. I did what you said and pulled back the plunger on the syringes I posted. There is indeed .02 to .03ml left over. Thanks for the heads-up!
I thought I was losing it when I saw how much was left over! Granted it’s not a lot, but it’s not a tiny amount either! It adds up a lot quicker like that. Thanks for all your help too! Do you mind me asking why you’re not a fan of the safety syringes? Like the ones you posted a video about

fifty

Many safety syringes have retractable needles. If you draw the plunger and push it back out it can retract the needle into the syringe rendering it useless. As long as the needle mechanism is normal/fixed they might be ok.

Last edited:

mrmurse

Many safety syringes have retractable needles. If you draw the plunger and push it back out it can retract the needle into the syringe rendering it useless. As long as the needle mechanism is normal/fixed they might be ok.
Those don’t seem to have retractable needles. Just a sheath that slides over the needle to ensure it’s covered. It’s almost like a second barrel around the main one that slides over the fixed needle

TorontoTRT

I don’t think Injection depth makes a difference. At best it’s intramuscular and at worst it’s subq. The T is still going inside you and it’s being absorbed.

lukdiver

I don't know what to tell you then. I have exactly what I linked above and I had 2 droplets of waste. Buy what you linked in your message and let us know how they are.
I'm EOD and back-fill 27gax1/2" Easy-Touch syringes. Near painless and many thanks to the suggestion to try these syringes. Near painless sub-Q. I back-fill in a assembly line fashion as suggested here.

Attachments

• 20190302_173319.jpg
    20190302_173319.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 135

madman

Super Moderator
I'm EOD and back-fill 27gax1/2" Easy-Touch syringes. Near painless and many thanks to the suggestion to try these syringes. Near painless sub-Q. I back-fill in a assembly line fashion as suggested here.

Why go to such extreme.....when injecting daily or EOD, drawing such small volumes is quick and easy with an insulin syringe.

I could see if one was going away for a week.

lukdiver

Just a sissy I guess as I have a mild phobia of needles and find the 'back-filled' needles much sharper compared to the HCG ones I fill the regular way. Just seems easier filling 2-weeks worth and having them waiting in a plastic-carrying case. My twin brother is bigtime scared of needles and does T-cream, it's interesting watching our different approaches to TRT.

mrmurse

To each their own. In the sort time I have been on this website it seems as everyone has their own certain way of doing things. Even if it is injecting SubQ with an easy tocuh 27gaugex1/2", no one does it the same exact way. Theres two examples here on just the different ways to fill the syringe. Theres no 100% agreed upon way of doing things, which I think is wonderful.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me