Is .25mg really 1/4 of a milligram

Buy Lab Tests Online
So I have this little scale and its set to grams, zeroed it out, and verified with the check weight provided. I use it to weigh gun powder so I'm confident that it's reasonably accurate but is not some super science scale.

I opened .25mg capsule of Anastrozole, dumped out the powder....doesn't weigh 1/4 of a milligram, weighs about half that much.

Does that sound wrong to you?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

So I have this little scale and its set to grams, zeroed it out, and verified with the check weight provided. I use it to weigh gun powder so I'm confident that it's reasonably accurate but is not some super science scale.

I opened .25mg capsule of Anastrozole, dumped out the powder....doesn't weigh 1/4 of a milligram, weighs about half that much.

Does that sound wrong to you?
that does sound wrong to me. I think compounding is not an exact science. The pharmacist either crushes 30 one mg anastrazole tabs then divides the powder into 120 doses by eye or they order the powder form of the drug and pour out a fixed amount on a scale then divide the powder by eye. I make my own anastrazole solution so I don't have to worry about it. I've ALWAYS been skeptical when guys talk about compounded anastrazole at doses like 0.125mg.

It was a .25mg but weighed about half that. I use .25mg EOD and started to look there if it was under dosed because I still have E problems where I've cut and cut and cut my Cyp dose down to only 16mg/D

I emailed Empower Pharmacy this question.

Nashtide

It was a .25mg but weighed about half that. I use .25mg EOD and started to look there if it was under dosed because I still have E problems where I've cut and cut and cut my Cyp dose down to only 16mg/D

I emailed Empower Pharmacy this question.
I understand yours is 0.25. I'm saying 0.125 is absurd. If you think a pharmacist is sitting around and measuring 0.125mg 90 times to fill one rx, then I have a bridge you'll love!

RLW

It could be your scale. If you have a scale that is calibrated to weigh things way heavier and your check weight is substantially heavier, it's possible that it could be accurate for heavier objects but when you put .25mg on it then it might not be accurate.

I understand yours is 0.25. I'm saying 0.125 is absurd. If you think a pharmacist is sitting around and measuring 0.125mg 90 times to fill one rx, then I have a bridge you'll love!

Well we do know, and where I'm going with this is about the same youre saying...we know at least Hallandale isn't filling their Cyp vials over by 1mL as is claimed by an industry rep in another thread, ive proven that twice, and yet another thread that Hallandale shorted him two capsules two different times. So yeah I'm becoming wary here...

It could be your scale. If you have a scale that is calibrated to weigh things way heavier and your check weight is substantially heavier, it's possible that it could be accurate for heavier objects but when you put .25mg on it then it might not be accurate.

Specific scale for small amounts...weighing out smokeless gunpowder is no joke and has a small margin for error.

RLW

Specific scale for small amounts...weighing out smokeless gunpowder is no joke and has a small margin for error.

I'm not an expert on scales and yours might be adequate. However .25 mg is a very light weight even for a reloading scale. When reloading you measure in grains and usually down to .1 grains. .25mg comes out to around. 004 grains which could be too fine for many reloading scales.

Of course that information only makes it more questionable that you would actually be getting a correct dose as it seems it would be difficult to get accurate at those levels so I would not be surprised to find out your not getting the correct dose.

blitzen

They one easy method to add accuracy to your method is to increase the number of "servings" if you try to weigh 0.25mg you would need a very very good scale but if you empty 10 tabs and see if that is 2.5mg your scale only has to be very good

Nashtide

Again I say this. I make my own solution. For one thing it's much cheaper. Second, I know exactly what dose I'm getting. Lastly, I can make micro-adjustments in my dose if I sense my E2 is a little higher or lower than I want without having blood drawn. Before everyone loses their minds...I said MICRO changes in the dose. Lol

madman

Super Moderator
To truly measure out that amount of powder within the sub milligram range one would need to invest in a highly precise scientific scale which can run in the $1000 of dollars.

Temperature and airflow can also interfere with precise measurements under the 1mg range.

One of the best manufacturers of precision calibrated equipment is METTLER TOLEDO.

If you can afford paying big dollars the scales are top of the tier.

I would just stick with the dilution method Nashtide uses.

https://www.mt.com/ca/en/home/products/Laboratory_Weighing_Solutions/Precision_Balances.html#custom5

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
:sigh:...$1000 scale to measure a 1/4th of a milligram.

OK.

Making a diluted solution has nothing at all to do with this.

I know the prices are ridiculous but if you are going to stress about the scale your using , it will not give you the accuracy of measuring out sub mg loose powder if exact precision is what you are after.

Even with the average precision scales most own and use at home there will still be slight variation measuring out .25 mg loose powder.

Now as far as your medication being under dosed of course there is a strong chance!

Here ya go:

The strength of the capsule does not equal the weight of the capsule. Different powders have different densities, so if a powder is dense, then it will weigh more. Also, you have to know the weight of the inactive ingredients, which in this case is Microcrystalline Cellulose. Before our capsules are dispensed, each one is weighed and quality controlled to ensure that the patient receives the correct milligram.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me