Insomnia difficulty falling in sleep

Buy Lab Tests Online

Appassionato

An update here. Full spectrum CBD oil improved my sleep the first 2 nights, then I went back to the usual. So placebo effect.

I've noticed that my gynecomastia got slightly bigger while on it, so that could be due to an increase in E2 provoked by CBD.
But I don't have a blood test to back it up.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

An update here. Full spectrum CBD oil improved my sleep the first 2 nights, then I went back to the usual. So placebo effect.

A single dose of CBD does nothing for me either. I find that if I take 3 or 4 times the dose recommended by the manufacturer, I will get another couple of hours sleep before waking up (and then unable to fall back for an hour or two). Usually I get 2 or 3 hours uninterrupted sleep w/o CBD, with a heavy dose of CBD it improves to 4 or 5 hours. But that dosage gets very expensive for not much gain.

pmgamer18

A single dose of CBD does nothing for me either. I find that if I take 3 or 4 times the dose recommended by the manufacturer, I will get another couple of hours sleep before waking up (and then unable to fall back for an hour or two). Usually I get 2 or 3 hours uninterrupted sleep w/o CBD, with a heavy dose of CBD it improves to 4 or 5 hours. But that dosage gets very expensive for not much gain.
For me CBD oil was a waste of my money I am in a lot of pain from Peripheral Neuropathy from Statin Use. I tried 5 brands and think they are selling watered down junk. Then Dr. Marcola came out with hemp seed oil and it was good but did nothing for my pain.

https://foodfacts.mercola.com/hemp.html

pmgamer18

GreenMachineX

Smart man. Sedation and sleep are not the same thing. I hope the CBD oil works for you. I’ve heard very good things in regards to people using full spectrum CBD for sleep issues.

The best things I’ve found for sleep is taking magnesium before bed, and wearing blue + green light blocking glasses 2-3 hours prior to bed. Also getting sunlight in my eyes in the am has helped a lot. And working out that day helps as well.
Been a while since this post...but do you have a recommendation for blue light glasses?

Fernando Almaguer

I want to know is anyone knows what I can take for insomnia. I have been suffering from insomnia for many years.
I am on TRT.

I have tried many prescription and non-prescription medications over these years. Hardest part for me is not to be able to fall in sleep. Ambien works for me but I want to find alternative to ambien.

So far I have tried trazodone, melatonin, 5-HTP, L-theanine, Lunesta, GABA & some other antidepressants.None help.

I want to see if anyone knows any other way to beat insomnia (with supplement or prescription med)
No prescription med or supplement (likely) will help insominia more than meditation during the day( before 5 pm) and you could use a yoga nidra script on youtube to help. There is also an app for hypnosis called Reveri that is effective.

Gman86

Been a while since this post...but do you have a recommendation for blue light glasses?
Ya definitely. I haven’t researched this subject in a bit, cuz I did a bunch of research on the best glasses a few years ago, bought a few pairs, and they’ve lasted me since then. But I highly recommend Blublox glasses. Just checked their website and looks like they changed their name. Same company tho. And looks like their prices went up a bit. But they’re having a 25% off sale atm. Here’s the pair that I wear every night. I originally bought a pair that have red lenses but the style looks more like regular glasses. Ended up ordering a pair of the ones in the link so it would also block out any peripheral light. Have had both pairs for at least a few years now. They make really good products

sammmy

It's funny how people would try weed because it is "natural" but contains thousands untested substances in it, and you don't know what mix you are actually getting with every seller.

Meanwhile there are drugs designed for sleep, single molecule, not a mix of thousands. I use 30mg temazepam 1.5 hours before going to bed. You have to take it 4 hours after dinner so your stomach is empty, or it won't work. It has a very gentle natural onset of sleepiness and you don't forget everything during that time unlike Ambien. No negative side effects during the day at all. Sometimes I enhance temazepam with a fast release 0.3mg melatonin, or 100mg gabapentin. They prolong the temazepam sleep.

GreenMachineX

Ya definitely. I haven’t researched this subject in a bit, cuz I did a bunch of research on the best glasses a few years ago, bought a few pairs, and they’ve lasted me since then. But I highly recommend Blublox glasses. Just checked their website and looks like they changed their name. Same company tho. And looks like their prices went up a bit. But they’re having a 25% off sale atm. Here’s the pair that I wear every night. I originally bought a pair that have red lenses but the style looks more like regular glasses. Ended up ordering a pair of the ones in the link so it would also block out any peripheral light. Have had both pairs for at least a few years now. They make really good products

Thanks man. Good grief though...that price! I'm going to keep shopping around, but I appreciate it.

Ribeye

I want to know is anyone knows what I can take for insomnia. I have been suffering from insomnia for many years.
I am on TRT.

I have tried many prescription and non-prescription medications over these years. Hardest part for me is not to be able to fall in sleep. Ambien works for me but I want to find alternative to ambien.

So far I have tried trazodone, melatonin, 5-HTP, L-theanine, Lunesta, GABA & some other antidepressants.None help.

I want to see if anyone knows any other way to beat insomnia (with supplement or prescription med)
Melatonin works very well at making people drowsy and begin to fall asleep. It does not generally keep you asleep all night, but can for hours depending on the dose. It really effects some people like me very well, so if you do try it, start out with very low dose, and gradually increase. that means splitting the 1 mg tablet in half, and try that, and then go up gradually. I mean it has been a game changer for me. I have found my optimal was a 1 mg, puts me to sleep easily, and keeps me out for hours. if I do get up a night, I can usually fall back asleep quickly too. Its good stuff and safe.

sammmy

There is a slow "6 hour time release" 300 mcg = 0.3mg Melatonin by LifeExtension. It supposedly will keep you asleep longer. Could be combined with a fast release melatonin by the same company for falling asleep faster and staying asleep longer.

t_spacemonkey

for falling asleep I would try Seroquel 12-25mg instead of ambien. you WILL develop physical dependence on ambien it will make your insomnia 100x worse. withdrawal is hell.
another natural option is a **GOOD** source of CBN. i tried many and half of them are garbage. even the CBN from lazarus naturals was complete garbage. here is one which worked for me.
here is a brand of thc gummies which don't give me any paranoia/anxiety (most do), but knock me out, at 1/4 of the gummy. expensive but working

sammmy

I have been on generic ambien since 2019, without ever becoming "dependent on it". I can start or stop it any day, without feeling any "withdrawal", but I have never taken it to get high as some people do.

I switched to 30mg temazepam because it gives me longer sleep combined with my current HIV drugs. Ambien interacts with some drugs and clears out faster so the sleep has become shorter on it.

Hyrulewarrior1978

I have been on generic ambien since 2019, without ever becoming "dependent on it". I can start or stop it any day, without feeling any "withdrawal", but I have never taken it to get high as some people do.

I switched to 30mg temazepam because it gives me longer sleep combined with my current HIV drugs. Ambien interacts with some drugs and clears out faster so the sleep has become shorter on it.
Just my experience with ambien for anyone reading this or contemplating taking this drug. I took the lowest dose for 9 months, four to five days per week. I began having interdose withdrawals early in but didn’t attribute it to the drug because I thought it was “safe”. According to my doctor and several reputable medical websites, the risk for dependency was non-existent or close to it. I had severe withdrawals for months upon cessation of the drug and didn’t feel normal until 13 or 14 months after my last pill. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a benzo in disguise. I have ptsd from the experience and now approach any pharmaceutical with extreme caution. I’m okay with testosterone (although not 100 percent since artificially elevating it disrupts other hormones) since it’s naturally occurring, but I generally steer clear now of anything synthetic (in this case meaning a chemical not naturally occurring in the body).

sammmy

The benzo Temazepam actually is a very gentle medication, feels like gradual natural falling asleep. I was surprised because usually benzos are vilified even more than Ambien and I expected to be "knocked out unconscious" by Temazepam - instead, it makes me sleepy in 1.5 hours after taking it. Ambien works much faster.

tropicaldaze1950

It's funny how people would try weed because it is "natural" but contains thousands untested substances in it, and you don't know what mix you are actually getting with every seller.

Meanwhile there are drugs designed for sleep, single molecule, not a mix of thousands. I use 30mg temazepam 1.5 hours before going to bed. You have to take it 4 hours after dinner so your stomach is empty, or it won't work. It has a very gentle natural onset of sleepiness and you don't forget everything during that time unlike Ambien. No negative side effects during the day at all. Sometimes I enhance temazepam with a fast release 0.3mg melatonin, or 100mg gabapentin. They prolong the temazepam sleep.
Temazepam, though, is another benzodiazepine, and they're all addictive. Been on clonazepam, at various dosages, for nearly two decades. Though I've been able to lower the dose, getting off of it is still elusive nor does it work as well as it did years ago. With treatment resistant bipolar, unfortunately, benzos are the only class of drug I tolerate. My psychiatrist has suggested being evaluated for a medical mj card.

sammmy

When you take temazepam as prescribed for sleep, there is zero addiction potential. It just makes me sleepy, not happy or high. I laugh even at the idea to take it during the day - it's pointless. I can stop it at any time, as long as I have something else to make me sleep. I switch between Ambien and temazepam without any problem, never felt a "withdrawal".

It is a completely different story when you take benzos to make you feel good during the day. Medical marijuana is also addictive. It is "all natural" gateway to harder drugs.

t_spacemonkey

When you take temazepam as prescribed for sleep, there is zero addiction potential. It just makes me sleepy, not happy or high. I laugh even at the idea to take it during the day - it's pointless. I can stop it at any time, as long as I have something else to make me sleep. I switch between Ambien and temazepam without any problem, never felt a "withdrawal".

It is a completely different story when you take benzos to make you feel good during the day. Medical marijuana is also addictive. It is "all natural" gateway to harder drugs.
this is not true. any benzo or so called 'Z' drugs (they target a specific subunit of the gaba receptor, while benzos the entire unit) have a very high potential to cause extreme physical dependence. now, there is exceptions for some people, as they do not seem to be affected as bad.
you can easily do a test if you are hooked. stopped taking the drugs for the entire half life * 5. for tamazepam it would be around 3 days at a min. if by day 5 and onward you feel 100%, you might be ok.
'as prescribed' is another useless medical term. do you think that if you take the exact same dose from the black market, you will suddenly get addicted?
I took clonazepam years ago, and was able to successfully come of, but i did not feel normal for 2-3 years or so. not saying everyone will have this, but taking any benzo is playing with fire. they all do stop working eventually, but you are left with nasty withdrawals (or interdose withdrawals, or 'too low dose' withdrawals)
you might also develop paradoxical reactions (research jordan peterson) with time, but still are left with the dependence....ok enough said, don't want to scare anybody, do your research

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me