Injection Frequency - Why aren't Daily and EOD protocols more common?

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
In Jay Campbell's new book, he discusses injection protocols and offers the following (paraphrased/abbreviated):

After close to 20 years of using injectable testosterone in the context of health and longevity...we present our recommended protocols in order of preference for lifelong TRT.

1. Daily - This provides the most stable testosterone levels (i.e. mimicking endogenous production of testosterone as closely as possible) and it also helps to minimize aromitzation and erythrocytosis.

2. EOD - This is a nice compromise between daily and twice per week injections if you cannot bring yourself to inject daily.

3. Twice per week - This is the most popular choice (preferred by patients due to fewer injections) and still more advantageous than once per week.

With so many members dealing with HCT and E2 issues, and struggling with peaks and troughs or just generally trying to get dialed in, it seems like Daily or EOD should be more common if those protocols truly help in those areas.

Why aren't more frequent injection protocols more popular - has it just not caught on yet, or are most people simply opposed to more than twice weekly injections?

Regarding daily injection protocol sure the more frequent on injects using smaller doses of t would cause the least fluctuations between peaks/troughs and the most stability in ones overall testosterone levels and may be the closest a man could get to mimicking the natural circadian rhythm of a healthy young males testosterone.

Although using injections regardless of daily will never mimick endogenous production as even though there will be minimal variations between peaks/trough and there is still some minor flucutations but your levels are elevated steady 24 hrs (day/night) as oppose to the natural diurnal rhythm where a healthy young males testosterone rises (peaks) in the early am and stays elevated during the day and than eventually declines (trough) into the late afternoon/early evening.

Out of all forms of trt patches most closely mimic the natural circadian rhythm of a healthy young male followed by the transdermals if only applied in the am as oppose to some whom eliminate that by applying in the am and pm.

Most with lower shbg will usually achieve better effects injecting daily due to the faster metabolization/clearance rate of testosterone from their system as oppose to someone with normal-higher shbg

As far as daily minimizing aromatization to estradiol or lowering hematocrit/hemoglobin it is not a given and may work for some but is no guarantee.

It would make sense injecting smaller amounts of testosterone would cause less chance of aromatization to estradiol but do understand e2 conversion also has to do with not only the dose of injected t but ones body fat levels and even than genetics will always have the final say as many lean individuals are high aromatizers of t--->E2.

Elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin is not just as simple as total t/free t levels or supra-physiological peaks as there are many other factors .

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Corwin1968

I started on a daily injection protocol almost two weeks ago and I hope it works because I prefer this over three times weekly. I have been using 29 gauge 1/2" insulin syringes injected SQ. I pre-fill a week's worth of syringes on the weekend and my T shot takes less time than taking my morning medications. I just grab a pre-filled syringe, grab and open an alcohol swab, swab, stick and discard. Literally less than 1 minute.

Corwin1968

What do you prefer about injecting daily vs three times per week?

It fits better into my morning routine. I take medication every morning and the pre-filled syringes are right there next to the pill bottles. I actually had trouble remembering on a M-W-F schedule, so this works better for compliance. I'm also optimistic that I'll get better results, but time will tell on that. The pre-filled syringes are what makes it work for me.

Systemlord

Your EOD protocol failed? Based on what you wrote upstream I thought it was working out better for you. Are you no longer on an EOD protocol?

I couldn't deal with the high estrogen (chest tightness & burning nipples) any longer so I was forced to retreat to 50mg twice weekly until I could afford Defy Medical. Erections waned and disappeared on twice weekly even with higher numbers than when was doing EOD.

keithc2485

about the pre filled syringes? Ive herd its very bad to do that , that it could cause the plunger to break down possibly....

just what someone on here had told me... just wondering how it works for u?
where you keep them eg, fridge /room temp?

any thoughts from others? or yourself on leaving 1 pre filled a week from Thursday AM- to Sunday 5PM?

thanks and good luck with everything , i know the struggle of getting on track! o_O

-Scruffy
:cool:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
There is such a thing as needle fatigue that can happen to at least 50% of men on TRT. The main reason testosterone esters were developed was to allow for less frequent dosing.

I think daily injections are an overkill. But, hey, who am I to judge? Some men with low SHBG seem to benefit from them.

theoneguy

If I could get away with once a month injections I WOULD, I hate injections and needles lol. In fact most guys I know are the same but you have to do what you have to do. twice a week is enough for me and 2 injections each time Test and HCG, that's 4 a week. ED or EOD is just way too many injections but hey if it works for you then great.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me