Igf-1

Buy Lab Tests Online
P

Palermitano

Just had my consultation with Defy and I can't wait to get started with 2 x injections weekly of test plus HCG and supplementing with DHEA. Dr Saya noticed that my IGF-1 level is in range but on the low end, he suggested supplementing with L-Argenine before bed, and before the gym. 400-500mg daily.

I am grateful for any comments or suggestions to help raise IGF-1.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Just had my consultation with Defy and I can't wait to get started with 2 x injections weekly of test plus HCG and supplementing with DHEA. Dr Saya noticed that my IGF-1 level is in range but on the low end, he suggested supplementing with L-Argenine before bed, and before the gym. 400-500mg daily.

I am grateful for any comments or suggestions to help raise IGF-1.

Just curious if he talked to you at all about Sermorelin injections? BTW, what was your IGF-1 level on the blood test?

Vince

Super Moderator
Palermitano, I'm also interested in knowing your IGF-1 levels, if you have them could please post them.

P

Palermitano

Yes he mentioned Sermorelin, but suggested I try L-Argenine, DHEA, etc first. My levels are in range, he just thought they could be higher.

IGF-1
104 (ref range 50-317)

Loki

It seems there is conflicting information on IGF-1 from what and how I am reading... Is it good or bad to have high IGF-1? It seems to be the measurement for GH and how Sermorelin but I have read it is high risk, accelerates aging, accelerates cancer, etc... The one test I had was 266 Ng/ML with a range of 69-226 Ng/ML... Curious if I should explore this with Defy but conflicted on if it is good or bad...

First I've heard L-Arginine and IGF1 mentioned. The thing with Sermorelin is that 1) it's pricey @ ~$300/month, 2) reportedly takes months to bring benefits.

Talk to Dr Saya about it, I know opinions vary but I can't see that that's a bad thing. I equate it to the same thing as DHT, there's varying opinions there, too, but it's obviously necessary. Remember lab values are representations of the population being tested, they're not definitive highs and lows.

P

Palermitano

Thank you Gene! In the past, I tried a pre workout supplement (I don't recall what it was but the primary ingredient was L-Arginine) and after about a week i had heart palpitations, scared the hell out of me. I stopped using it. Doing a search, I have read that arginine can cause heart palpitations. Any opinions on this?

YOu can be sensitive to Arg, consider what dose you had taken, many gym supps are upwards of 5g/5000mg and that's rather hefty. Reason behind that is that 50-75% of L-Arg doesn't make it past the liver and is converted to other compounds. Citrulline is a more efficient NO producer, bypasses the liver and get's converted to Arg > NO in the urea cycle.

It seems there is conflicting information on IGF-1 from what and how I am reading... Is it good or bad to have high IGF-1? It seems to be the measurement for GH and how Sermorelin but I have read it is high risk, accelerates aging, accelerates cancer, etc... The one test I had was 266 Ng/ML with a range of 69-226 Ng/ML... Curious if I should explore this with Defy but conflicted on if it is good or bad...

I agree, as I've read a lot of conflicting info on what constitutes an optimal IGF-1 level as well. I have however, never read that Sermorelin is high risk, or accelerates aging. Just the opposite, in fact. I have read that you don't want to take Sermorelin or exogenous growth hormone (al a Genotropin, Norditropin, et al) if you have an active cancer, because these drugs promote cell growth, and can accelerate the cancer, but that's about it.

Back to the IGF-1 levels. I have read on a few different websites that 300-350 ng/mL is the optimal level for IGF-1 because that is what a healthy 20 year old would have in his bloodstream. How accurate that statement is, I don't know for sure, so don't quote me please.

I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Saya on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to pick his brain on this subject. For reference, my baseline IGF-1 was 143 ng/mL with the stated range of 54-194 ng/mL. That range really seems out of whack with everything I've ever read about optimal IGF-1 levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me