Hypogonadism and Low Estrogen

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
low is relative, low on a test isn't a true sense of what is low for the individual. absent symptoms of low E a test is not all that conclusive. There's lab error possibly, too.

stewtech

As far as having low estrogen and hypogonadism, can go either way, I've seen some with estrogen on the higher end and others on the lower end.

I figured as much but I have seen articles that connect the two so I thought I would see if anyone else has had the experience of having both.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Estrogen—estradiol in particular—is made from testosterone, so they will generally correlate pretty well. In other words, hypogonadal guys will on average have lower estrogen to match.

stewtech

Estrogen—estradiol in particular—is made from testosterone, so they will generally correlate pretty well. In other words, hypogonadal guys will on average have lower estrogen to match.

Thanks for commenting!

Is there any knowledge of guys with hypogonadism and Low estrogen/estradiol levels correlation with low DHEA? Would this type of thing be found in older males in andropause? What can be done to the pituitary gland to modulate this? Any studies on CBD oil from hemp modulating the HPA axis to resolve hormone issues? Sorry for all the questions but I can tell you have medical knowledge and appreciate your input!

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks for commenting!

Is there any knowledge of guys with hypogonadism and Low estrogen/estradiol levels correlation with low DHEA? Would this type of thing be found in older males in andropause? What can be done to the pituitary gland to modulate this? Any studies on CBD oil from hemp modulating the HPA axis to resolve hormone issues? Sorry for all the questions but I can tell you have medical knowledge and appreciate your input!
A quick search of PubMed doesn't reveal an obvious answer to the first question—correlation with low DHEA. This study finds that panhypopituitarism can knock down virtually everything: T, DHT, E2, PREG and DHEA. But this malady is more like a superset of run-of-the-mill hypogonadism. So I don't know if the correlation exists.

We know all hormone levels decline in older men, so then the correlation exists, though I'm not sure how meaningful that is. What can be done to the pituitary? Usually if it's just DHEA that's lacking then we supplement instead of worrying about upstream conditions. I haven't come across studies on CBD oil in this context, but it could be worth a look at PubMed.

Last edited:

stewtech

A quick search of PubMed doesn't reveal an obvious answer to the first question—correlation with low DHEA. This study finds that panhypopituitarism can knock down virtually everything: T, DHT, E2, PREG and DHEA. But this malady is more like a superset of run-of-the-mill hypogonadism. So I don't know if the correlation exists.

We know all hormone levels decline in older men, so then the correlation exists, though I'm not sure how meaningful that is. What can be done to the pituitary? Usually if it's just DHEA that's lacking then we supplement instead of worrying up upstream conditions. I haven't come across studies on CBD oil in this context, but it could be worth a look at PubMed.

We know all hormone levels decline in older men, so then the correlation exists, though I'm not sure how meaningful that is. What can be done to the pituitary? Usually if it's just DHEA that's lacking then we supplement instead of worrying up upstream conditions. I haven't come across studies on CBD oil in this context, but it could be worth a look at PubMed.

Thanks You! Panhypopituritarism, very scary stuff! I have had brain mri’s but no pit tumor. However I do have Lupus Nephritis and was on prednisone for a decade from solumedrol drip- 80mg prednisone- ten years later to 0mg. Diagnosed with HPA axis suppression, Cushing’s syndrome ect ect. Would this contribute to andropause? Would this contribute to low sex hormones and androgen levels? What would be the best Hormone Replacement Therapy to try?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks You! Panhypopituritarism, very scary stuff! I have had brain mri’s but no pit tumor. However I do have Lupus Nephritis and was on prednisone for a decade from solumedrol drip- 80mg prednisone- ten years later to 0mg. Diagnosed with HPA axis suppression, Cushing’s syndrome ect ect. Would this contribute to andropause? Would this contribute to low sex hormones and androgen levels? What would be the best Hormone Replacement Therapy to try?
I don't know enough to do more than speculate on the possible link between chronic prednisone use and HPT axis dysfunction. I guess something that disruptive could negatively influence other systems.

As for HRT, the first step is to get comprehensive lab work to see where you stand. This list has many things to test when low testosterone is suspected.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me