Husband's latest BW concerning...

Buy Lab Tests Online

ReillyJ

*Deep breath*

My 70 y/o husband started TRT 3 years ago. He was on 100 mg a week with "OK" results so doctor bumped it to 150/week early this year. On advice of this wonderful forum (and because he tends toward high SHBG) we dropped from 3x a week injecting to 2x and went conservative at 140/week. He did OK and then we decided to try the 150/wk and his bloodwork went high in addition to his E2 which was around 41.0 and on the advice of this forum we decided not to add in an AI but just back down to 140/week again. This was in April 2019.

In addition, he was dx'd with very severe sleep apnea (65 episodes an hour) and started therapy in May, he has been pretty successful.

Just got BW on the 140mg/week and were shocked at the results and yes this was in a trough a couple hours before his next shot

(Doc didn't test SHGB so nothing i can do about that)
Testosterone, Total: 1228 ng/dL range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL
Free Testosterone 146.4 pg/mL range: 30.0 - 135.0 pg/mL

Like...what the heck???? (his PSA, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit are good) but i am wondering if this could possibly be due somewhat to his apnea being treated??

As far as dosing, doctor advised us to go back down to 100 mg/week. Since this is so high in a trough (and yes he's not feeling that great, i am wondering how high his E2) should i skip the next dose which is Tuesday morning or just drop down to 100 mg/week again? I know it takes 6 weeks. I feel so bad for him like i did something wrong in helping him.

Appreciate so much this forum and any help
Susie

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Is not necessary to skip a dose. I would just lower it to 60 mg twice a week. His levels are not that extremely high, it would be nice if the doctor tested his estrogen and shbg.

Guided_by_Voices

I think many people mistakenly think more is better when some of us (like me) do better with lower dosing. Also, you may want to look at the threads related to use of both injections and cream in order to raise DHT. It has been a major boost for many of us. On the other hand, if the higher dose help his symptoms, then the numbers shouldn't get in the way of that.

Also, sleep apnea is such a huge negative influence on overall health that he will likely be on a long trajectory of improvement now that that is treated.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me