Hunger like never before

Buy Lab Tests Online

RickB

I started trt early this year. I finally had a decent protocol but dashed it because I wanted to get off AI's. My current protocol is 200mg test cyp E7D. I have only been on it for two weeks, but I took an extra dose to front load, so I'm about three weeks in. I have read enough of these threads to have madman's words in my brain, so I know these labs won't tell me anything definitive at this point. But they're cheap, so I would just like to get them done every couple weeks.

Anyway, right now I want to know if there's anything I can add to the labs to try to find an underlying reason for uncontrollable hunger. It seems I have gotten hungrier and hungrier since I started trt. It doesn't seem to get worse based on how much I inject; it seems to just get worse with time, as if it's related to the length of time on trt rather than the amount.

And now it's out of control. I eat until I'm uncomfortable, or else I'm bouncing off the walls. If I have something interesting to do, the hunger vanishes, so it's definitely psychological to a point. But are there any hormones I can check just to rule out that it is partially hormonal?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I started trt early this year. I finally had a decent protocol but dashed it because I wanted to get off AI's. My current protocol is 200mg test cyp E7D. I have only been on it for two weeks, but I took an extra dose to front load, so I'm about three weeks in. I have read enough of these threads to have madman's words in my brain, so I know these labs won't tell me anything definitive at this point. But they're cheap, so I would just like to get them done every couple weeks.

Anyway, right now I want to know if there's anything I can add to the labs to try to find an underlying reason for uncontrollable hunger. It seems I have gotten hungrier and hungrier since I started trt. It doesn't seem to get worse based on how much I inject; it seems to just get worse with time, as if it's related to the length of time on trt rather than the amount.

And now it's out of control. I eat until I'm uncomfortable, or else I'm bouncing off the walls. If I have something interesting to do, the hunger vanishes, so it's definitely psychological to a point. But are there any hormones I can check just to rule out that it is partially hormonal?
I wonder how you would feel if you lower your dose of testosterone, to 50 mg twice a week. 200 mg of testosterone cypionate once a week, is a pretty hefty dose.

Fernando Almaguer

I agree with Vince, once you get your labs and see the numbers. If you can lower your dose and want to, certainly lower it.

As far as hunger goes, I got the same increase when I started and feel it at the same increase 4 years in. I started Intermittent fasting and find it best when I eat big during my eating window. It keeps me going until it is time to eat again. I was 213 pre trt and now 222 has been my average for a while now. Ill see if I can get back down to 210.

Anyway, try mindfulness meditation for the times when you are bored. That way you can feel the hunger and not respond to it. Feel it go away and come back again while not eating as a response to it.

Waking up app. is my recommendation.

Best regards!

Neil

Have you been gaining weight since all of this hunger set in? Typically, it's carbs and blood insulin levels that fuel the sensation and urge of hunger.

And it's absolutely not necessary, by a long shot, to front-load an additional T dose when starting. With a 200mg shot, within 36 hours your T would have been skyrocketed anyway. To do two doses is wildly supraphysiologic.

RickB

Have you been gaining weight since all of this hunger set in? Typically, it's carbs and blood insulin levels that fuel the sensation and urge of hunger.

And it's absolutely not necessary, by a long shot, to front-load an additional T dose when starting. With a 200mg shot, within 36 hours your T would have been skyrocketed anyway. To do two doses is wildly supraphysiologic.
I have been gaining weight, but luckily it seems I'm not gaining nearly as much as I should be from all I'm eating.

Definitely supraphysiologic for a period, but I'm thinking by now that should be subsiding. I did some equating the best I could based on half-life and calculated taking 200, then 200 4 days later, and then 200 4 days after that would get my levels close to the baseline they should be at after a few weeks. I get labs done tomorrow (trough, 7 days since I pinned) and will get results Thurs.

Back on the 9th my total T was 548 and I was still eating like a madman. I think the craving is related to the exongenous T, but it doesn't seem related to my levels.

[Edit: One thing I really didn't take into consideration when front loading is the fact that I already had T in my system. My level was 548 the day before I started front loading. 548 is low, but considering the fact that it is entirely exogenous, my front loading scheme has most likely put me pretty far beyond the eventual baseline I'm looking for.]

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching