How long for TRT to take effect

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Remember when you first start TRT, you're still making your own testosterone. That could be one reason why I felt the effect so fast. I was told by my doctor, it would take time to get dialed in, my response was I would give one year.

I guess TRT has been too easy for me, I know so many have many struggle to get dialed in. I guess the ones TRT is easy for have few reasons to post.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Perhaps this is the reason some of us metabolize testosterone quicker then others?

I felt libido effects with in days. But it took a few days after my first shot. I honestly feel like it was not a placebo effect. The sensations were far too strong and I had not felt them for years. But the mind certainly is a powerful thing so I guess without actually having a brain scan done along with blood work I guess we will never know.

Metabolizing testosterone faster would STOP the effect you're describing.

What we're referring to is ester metabolism, which just simply doesn't happen immediately, it takes at minimum 12 hours to have a jump in serum testosterone levels.

Even then, the only effect testosterone has quickly, is vasodilation, as it's not mediated via the AR.

All the other effects are based on modification of expression of genes and such, which take significantly longer than you and vince are stating.

It is purely placebo, no other explanation. You simply thought it would, and "it" did, but that wasn't testosterone. Placebo is strong, and it is stronger with injections vs. pills or medicines that taste bad vs tasteless medicine.

Test flu is real, but is not androgen receptor mediated, it is an immune reaction AFAIK.

Don't rule out the need to also dial in your exercise routine. I felt results within the first 2 weeks, starting with energy boost and then libido. Erections improved later, but meds still used. Not sure if my age is a factor.

TRT is not a magic wand. Work capacity will go way up. Take advantage of it and work to improve all aspects of your life, including your relationship with sexual partners.

Vince

Super Moderator
Don't rule out the need to also dial in your exercise routine. I felt results within the first 2 weeks, starting with energy boost and then libido. Erections improved later, but meds still used. Not sure if my age is a factor.

TRT is not a magic wand. Work capacity will go way up. Take advantage of it and work to improve all aspects of your life, including your relationship with sexual partners.

In all honesty, I don't think I ever felt an energy boost from TRT. For me "sleep" gives me my energy boost.

In all honesty, I don't think I ever felt an energy boost from TRT. For me "sleep" gives me my energy boost.

One of my problems was that my sleep was dialed in. Still didn't have the energy that I wanted. And, Exercise was just spinning my wheels. I think getting it all in place, diet, exercise, and proper TRT it's all required for a healthy and happy sexually. Not to mention, who you're with, and how are you feeling about her or him.

CSI007

Metabolizing testosterone faster would STOP the effect you're describing.

What we're referring to is ester metabolism, which just simply doesn't happen immediately, it takes at minimum 12 hours to have a jump in serum testosterone levels.

Even then, the only effect testosterone has quickly, is vasodilation, as it's not mediated via the AR.

All the other effects are based on modification of expression of genes and such, which take significantly longer than you and vince are stating.

It is purely placebo, no other explanation. You simply thought it would, and "it" did, but that wasn't testosterone. Placebo is strong, and it is stronger with injections vs. pills or medicines that taste bad vs tasteless medicine.

Test flu is real, but is not androgen receptor mediated, it is an immune reaction AFAIK.

Let me play devils advocate here for a minute. Why do some men like myself put on weight so fast if the testosterone is not doing anything at the metabolic level? That is a real physical change that can't be related to placebo.

Let me play devils advocate here for a minute. Why do some men like myself put on weight so fast if the testosterone is not doing anything at the metabolic level? That is a real physical change that can't be related to placebo.

Depends on what kind of weight, and what you mean by "fast". Is that within hours? Days? Weeks?

It's also difficult to rule out behavior influenced by the thought of beginning TRT, such as appetite, but not by actions of the androgen receptor.

I shouldn't have been as specific as I was regarding vascularity being the only quick effect, as it's entirely possible testosterone, or E2, directly cause changes in sodium/potassium regulation though I'm not positive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2386261/

That study suggests behavior can be rapidly changed due to non-genomic mechanisms of action of testosterone and estradiol. It somewhat leaves it unclear at the end, and points out most of those studies are done in all different animals.

[FONT=&quot]The physiological effect of the majority of identified non-genomic stimulation [/FONT]in vivo[FONT=&quot] remains largely unclear. In addition, non-genomic androgen effects can function independently, or in tandem, with the other genomic effects, to initiate steroid responses. The genomic and non-genomic pathways of androgen action are likely inter-linked and can act in concert to effect normal cell function.[/FONT]

CSI007

Specifically what type of weight are you referring too fat/water/muscle tissue?

I was talking about weight in general. I have gained like 8 pounds since starting a month ago. I have now stabilized though. It's not muscle (well, I don't know for sure but I do not lift) So I would say it's water weight.

I was talking about weight in general. I have gained like 8 pounds since starting a month ago. I have now stabilized though. It's not muscle (well, I don't know for sure but I do not lift) So I would say it's water weight.

So you're asking about the initial water weight gain most men experience their first month?

Vince

Super Moderator

I also gained weight when I first started TRT, I had an increase in appetite. After a short time, my appetite became normal and so did my weight.

While you don't have to lift, you should do some kind of exercise that includes cardio, but more important is to do something with resistance. Bodyweight, bands, pushups something. My view is that it is a waste of time and T to expect this to be a magic bullet.

I can see not going to a gym, I hate the idea of going to a crowded commercial gym. I've been a home trainer for the past 30 years, first in my own well equipt basement weight room and more recently band training in my dining room.

Don't cheat yourself out of the chance to optimize your fitness and health. There's no excuse other than laziness. Even if you have no equipment, you've got gravity. Do pushups, bodyweight squats, something.

If you are working out you'll have a better idea of whether or not it's good weight. If you've gained 8 pounds and your pushup max is up 15 reps, it's a pretty safe bet it's muscle.

CSI007

While you don't have to lift, you should do some kind of exercise that includes cardio, but more important is to do something with resistance. Bodyweight, bands, pushups something. My view is that it is a waste of time and T to expect this to be a magic bullet.

I can see not going to a gym, I hate the idea of going to a crowded commercial gym. I've been a home trainer for the past 30 years, first in my own well equipt basement weight room and more recently band training in my dining room.

Don't cheat yourself out of the chance to optimize your fitness and health. There's no excuse other than laziness. Even if you have no equipment, you've got gravity. Do pushups, bodyweight squats, something.

If you are working out you'll have a better idea of whether or not it's good weight. If you've gained 8 pounds and your pushup max is up 15 reps, it's a pretty safe bet it's muscle.

I would love to start lifting again. I actually have a bench and free weights collecting dust. I hope to get them out soon. This past year my elbows and left shoulder have been giving me fits. I think it may have something to do with my androgens. I dunno. But I seemed to injure easier then years ago. Once I feel comfortable that I can use the elbows and shoulder without hurting it further I will start lifting again. I have started to walk more and with my energy level up I am more active around the house now and am tackling projects that I otherwise would not have even attempted a few short weeks ago!

I would love to start lifting again. I actually have a bench and free weights collecting dust. I hope to get them out soon. This past year my elbows and left shoulder have been giving me fits. I think it may have something to do with my androgens. I dunno. But I seemed to injure easier then years ago. Once I feel comfortable that I can use the elbows and shoulder without hurting it further I will start lifting again. I have started to walk more and with my energy level up I am more active around the house now and am tackling projects that I otherwise would not have even attempted a few short weeks ago!

Try exercise bands. If you think about it, they are used for physical therapy so they are very safe and joint friendly. You can work slowly at first and build up from there. Way safer than weights for the problems you are describing. Don't wait for the shoulder and elbow to get better, use bands, start now. Rehabbing is exercise enough to start. They are the only resistance I've used for almost 2 years. I swear by them now.

madman

Super Moderator
I know it was insane, I don't know if it was just a psychological effect. I did get flu-like symptoms, for at least a week afterwards. I was expecting nothing when I first injected, but my mind became so clear and my libido so strong. Even though I felt sick, I had to have sex.

I guess I shouldn't post how I felt, I know it doesn't sound possible. The woman I was with at the time left me, in her words "she couldn't handle my libido".

More than likely psychological even though longer esters can have an effect on serum/saliva within 2hrs post injection. I just started sub-q into abdominal fat and every time I inject as I am pushing in the plunger watching the test go in I start popping wood...................sick I know but the act of injecting must mentally stimulate me!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6434435

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching