High hematocrit , low ferritin . What to treat first ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mfurches

Hematocrit is 53 , ferritin is 32 on a range of 38-380. I feel terrible like my heart is trying to push butter through my veins. What do I treat first ??

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xcpatr922

yes for three days after blood donation, take 60mg of Iron byg. at 9am,3pm and 9pm. It works for me. No longer having Ferritin issue.

xcpatr922

that's why it's recommended to read all his explanations in his blogs why using iron byg. Basically the byg. version is 100% absorbed.

Systemlord

Hematocrit is 53 , ferritin is 32 on a range of 38-380.
You may need to donate blood while on TRT and keep an eye on your ferritin. I just donated blood 3 days ago due to my hematocrit being 57% and hemoglobin 19.2. A single phlebotomy dropped hematocrit to 51.2 and hemoglobin to 17.5 g/dL.

I have sleep apnea which can increase the hemoglobin and hematocrit through multiple methods. I also have to take iron supplements while on TRT. Typically when one has sleep apnea the hematocrit will be much higher in relation to the hemoglobin.

My endo seems more concerned with the hemoglobin and less concerned about the hematocrit.

It is advised not to take the ferrous sulfate which isn't well absorbed and has more side effects. The glycinate or ferrous fumarate is absorbed much better and has less side effects.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Gman86

You may need to donate blood while on TRT and keep an eye on your ferritin. I just donated blood 3 days ago due to my hematocrit being 57% and hemoglobin 19.2. A single phlebotomy dropped hematocrit to 51.2 and hemoglobin to 17.5 g/dL.

I have sleep apnea which can increase the hemoglobin and hematocrit through multiple methods. I also have to take iron supplements while on TRT. Typically when one has sleep apnea the hematocrit will be much higher in relation to the hemoglobin.

My endo seems more concerned with the hemoglobin and less concerned about the hematocrit.

It is advised not to take the ferrous sulfate which isn't well absorbed and has more side effects. The glycinate or ferrous fumarate is absorbed much better and has less side effects.

You had that much of a drop in HCT off of just a regular donation, or a double/ power red donation?

JimGainz

I would lower Testosterone to 75-80 mg /week in a 2-3 day per week dosing schedule (eg 25 mg eod, or 40 mg 2x per week) to lower HCT while you build up ferritin. I am in the same boat as you except my ferritin levels were in the single digits in a month after giving blood. I tried the ferritin raising protocol listed in this forum as well as lowering my testosterone dose and I am getting bloods done January 7 – so that would be a full six weeks on the new protocol – to determine how things are going

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me