High hematocrit but low iron and ferritin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Auggie68

Hey guys I am currently on trt and my hematocrit runs high so I donate as frequently as I can but my hematocrit always creeps up. My question is my iron gets too low what should I do. Iron raises hemo too.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey guys I am currently on trt and my hematocrit runs high so I donate as frequently as I can but my hematocrit always creeps up. My question is my iron gets too low what should I do. Iron raises hemo too.
How high does your HCT get?

S1W

Often the solution to this and many other issues is - lower your dose.

What is your current protocol/most recent labs?

Auggie68

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-122402_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217-122402_Chrome.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 68

Auggie68

Often the solution to this and many other issues is - lower your dose.

What is your current protocol/most recent labs?
My dose is 200mg test a week and that keeps me in the 500's. I prefer to he in the 7-800s but that raises hemo quicker

S1W

My dose is 200mg test a week and that keeps me in the 500's. I prefer to he in the 7-800s but that raises hemo quicker
I know you didn’t initially ask for protocol advice, but a change might be due.

Lower dose, more frequent injections.

May even allow you to both get in the 700-800s AND lower HCT.

madman

Super Moderator
What is your current trt protocol (dose T/injection frequency)?

Post labs and references ranges.

Again post labs with the reference ranges and assays used for TT/FT let alone where your SHBG sits.

Then we can break this down.

You state that you are only hitting a TT in the 500s which would definitely be trough levels (7 days post-injection) but regardless your TT/FT/e2 levels will be sky high post-injection (8-12 hrs) and remain high during the first few days only to be much lower by weeks end.

Not only will there be a big difference in the peak--->trough level when injecting once weekly but blood levels will not be as stable throughout the week which can result in a yo-yo effect that can have a negative impact on energy/mood/libido/erectile function/recovery.

Although TT is important to know you should be more concerned with where your FT sits as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

When it comes to FT unless you had it tested using the most accurate assay such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration then you have no idea where it truly sits.

Top it all off with the fact that although you stated you are only hitting a TT 500s on such protocol (200 mg T/week) that your SHBG will dictate where your FT sits.

Running too high TT/FT level will drive up your RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit let alone injecting higher doses once weekly.

madman

Super Moderator

Crashed ferritin/iron is a given when donating frequently and can result in a host of other negative issues.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me