Hi Everyone

Buy Lab Tests Online

the_shep

Hello,

Just turned 30 years old, located in Kansas. The last 2 years I have been experiencing all of the typical signs of low t. Typically I am constantly busy and involved in multiple activities but slowly noticed my motivation and energy dying off. Ultimately gaining a lot of weight and not having the energy to leave the couch after work. Then started to experience anxiety and a overall sense of not feeling well.
Initially got blood work with a local trt clinic but they refused to do anything besides pellets, now I'm working with Dr. Calkins at Defy Medical, my trt regime is:

Test Cyp: MWF 50mg subq
HCG: MWF 300IU
Anastrozole MWF .125mg
DHEA 40mg Nightly

Initial Labs:
Total Test: 339 ng/dl
Free Test: 67 mg/ml
LH: 8.4
SHBG: 24.1 nmol/L
Estradiol Sensitive: 21 pg/ml
DHEA Sulfate: 241 ug/dl

Looking forward to learning more and getting to feeling better.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Saul

Hi Shep. Welcome. Very helpful group here.

My only input, and I am not an expert by any stretch is that starting at 150 per week seems a high starting point. Defy are experts no doubt, but I am a more conservative person and would start low and work your way up. If you overcome your symptoms at 80 or 100 per week, then you are good. Not that 150 is too high or not what others take, just that you don't know what you need yet.

Why are you low T at 30? I would be asking that questions too.

General question to anyone - Why does Defy put people on AI right out of the gate without any indication of high E2? Do they pretty much know that 150 is going to result in high E2 based on experience?

the_shep

Hi Shep. Welcome. Very helpful group here.

My only input, and I am not an expert by any stretch is that starting at 150 per week seems a high starting point. Defy are experts no doubt, but I am a more conservative person and would start low and work your way up. If you overcome your symptoms at 80 or 100 per week, then you are good. Not that 150 is too high or not what others take, just that you don't know what you need yet.

Why are you low T at 30? I would be asking that questions too.

General question to anyone - Why does Defy put people on AI right out of the gate without any indication of high E2? Do they pretty much know that 150 is going to result in high E2 based on experience?

Thanks Saul
I'm low at 30 because of damage to my testes. On the dosing I believe it has to do with my SHBG level being lower. I will have test / estradiol checked at 6 weeks, and then full labs at 12 weeks.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale - we're glad you joined us. With your estradiol sitting where it is, and factoring in your somewhat higher starting testosterone protocol, it's not surprising you started with an AI (a very fractional AI). I know my own doctor leans towards prescribing them at the start of therapy when the weekly testosterone load is over 120mg and e2 sits near the mid-20s. It's always a judgement call, and she does all she can to avoid anastrozole. I wish you all the best!

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching