Fulminating COVID-19 infection

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Abstract

The author takes us on a very personal journey through his experience of a severe COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and subsequent recovery, along with the sequelae. His experience and subsequent research have left him convinced of the value of phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitors and testosterone in the treatment of men hospitalized with COVID-19.

*Progress after admission

*Rehabilitation

*Past medical history

*Recent progress

*My research on the subject of COVID-19 has convinced me that the higher hospital admission rate and mortality in men are associated with the catastrophic falls in testosterone levels in men compared with the protective effect of estrogen in women (see Figure 2). Testosterone levels should be measured at COVID admission and appropriate therapy prescribed to reduce mortality and long-term morbidity, especially osteopenia and sexual dysfunction. The high-risk factors for male mortality in COVID are similar to those for hypogonadism, namely age, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and certain ethnicities. Explaining catastrophic falls in testosterone levels on the basis of ‘stress reaction’ misses a potential opportunity for life-saving intervention. Clinical trials are clearly required.

From my own experience, I am certain that daily phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE5) inhibitors, licensed to treat pulmonary hypertension, erectile dysfunction, and lower urinary tract symptoms through improvement in endothelial dysfunction (or endothelitis, the primary lethal process in the lungs in COVID) should be widely used as protection from acute and chronic complications. One of our finest cardiologists, Dr. Graham Jackson, told us ‘PDE5 inhibitors are important cardiovascular drugs hijacked by urologists!’ How right he was.

Attachments

• Trends Urol Men s Health - 2022 - Hackett - Fulminating COVID‐19 infection my personal expe...pdf
    219.3 KB · Views: 43
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Figure 1. Scanning electron microscope image showing SARS-CoV-2 (yellow) – also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19 – emerging from the surface of cells
Screenshot (10514).png

madman

Super Moderator
Figure 2. Data for 110 men tested for COVID-19 with serum total testosterone (TT) measurements in the total group and when stratified by the results of the SARS-CoV-2 PCR tests and mortality (Hackett et al, Androgens 2021, in press). The median TT level was only 3.9nmol/L
Screenshot (10515).png

xcpatr922

If I remember correctly there're several clinical trials to test PDE5i againts severe covid. It makes sense as PDE5i increases blood flows. If one has no side effect with this med, more people can try it out with other positive side effect too :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me