First Shot some questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bishop

Hello!
I got my first shot of 200mg yesterday given by a nurse. The shot was in the glute and was essentially painless. Today however it is pretty sore.

Once I am self-injecting I plan to split the dose and go the subq route. I'm curious if the soreness is always pretty bad for the next day or two.

The reason I ask is if I split the dose then I would most likely still be sore when it is time for the next injection. Do you guys who have been on TRT for a while just get used to constantly having a bruised feeling area on your body?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Bishop most of us don't experience the kind of pain that you're talking about. It seems like her injection technique was not very good. Subcutaneous injections may actually be very easy for you although some people tend to have site reactions to those also.

I am inject on my shoulders using at 27 gauge needle which is only half an inch long which makes it a shallow intramuscular injection. It never hurts and I can do it easily with one hand. You may want to give that a try.

Bishop

Thank you Nelson! I will give that a try as you suggest when I am allowed to do my own injections. Should be fairly soon.

Otherwise I felt pretty good after the first shot but I am having some trouble sleeping and anxiety tonight.

I seemed to be a bit more amped up all day and I keep waking up tonight with anxiety issues. This is something I have struggled with for years and I was hoping the TRT would help.

It may be that my system just needs time to adjust.

captq

Some nurses can be a bit aggressive and push the injection in too fast.

Once you start doing it yourself and are using small guage needles you will rarely if ever feel any injection site soreness.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use the Nelson method injecting in the shoulders with an easytouch 27 gauge 1/2" needle, it makes injecting very easy for me.

Last edited:

Bishop

Thanks everyone! I actually ordered some of the 27 that Nelson linked. I will definitely try that when I am able. The pain has subsided somewhat today. This is at the two day mark and it is just a bit tender when I flex the muscle.

Bishop

I went to the gym today and now that sucker is really sore. Hope it clears up soon.

One additional question. When you do the .5 inch in the delt of outer thigh do you have to aspirate?

Bishop

Thanks! I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond to these experiences. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know who to ask about it.

Albert39

I see in the video that there is no aspiration to check for blood; is it safe to do this ?

I inject myself with only one hand, but when I aspirate I move the needle a lot and then I feel pain. So, I do not need to aspirate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fireproof

I went to the gym today and now that sucker is really sore. Hope it clears up soon.

One additional question. When you do the .5 inch in the delt of outer thigh do you have to aspirate?

I've been reading a ton of posts on this forum for the last couple weeks. I can't remember the thread - but there was one about injection techniques and needle sizes and it ended up talking about aspirating. For those that posted in the thread - the majority DO NOT aspirate. Which makes it that much easier.

I think if you are in the right zone, and using a small needle (27g or smaller) - you don't need to worry about it.

CoastWatcher

I see in the video that there is no aspiration to check for blood; is it safe to do this ?

I inject myself with only one hand, but when I aspirate I move the needle a lot and then I feel pain. So, I do not need to aspirate?

Albert, a small needle should not require you to aspirate.

Helboi

I used to feel it for a day or two every time I got the shot, but once I started doing them myself that pretty much went away. I inject with a 1" 25g every other day and I rarely feel any soreness from it.

jth0524

Nelson, or anyone else using your twice weekly protocol, this question's for you. What days and times do you use for injections? I was thinking Monday morning and Thursday afternoon. What days and times do you guys use? Thanks

ERO

As long as you do your twice weekly shots 3.5 days apart any 2 days are fine - But choose what is most convenient or else its too easy to forget or get off schedule.

Vince

Super Moderator
Nelson, or anyone else using your twice weekly protocol, this question's for you. What days and times do you use for injections? I was thinking Monday morning and Thursday afternoon. What days and times do you guys use? Thanks
I agree with ERO, what is most convenient or else its too easy to forget or get off schedule. I'm presently injecting Sunday night and Thursday morning.

Fireproof

I'm doing that - Monday morning (7-8am or so) and Thursday evening (8pm or so). I travel for business, and this works great with my schedule because I typically will leave for a business trip on Monday afternoon or Tuesday, and typically am home Thursday evening. So in most cases, i won't have to travel with my TRT stuff.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me