feeling good on t3/t4

Buy Lab Tests Online

wsj357

It’s the Testosterone..........Thyroid supplementation is over rated.

Incorrect. I started thyroid and that was my saving grace. 3 months of hell on T and I felt zero benefit. I took thyroid and it all came together. Today is month 2 and I still feel great. Thyroid was canceling or not allowing the T to perform. God knows the science behind it or why. I only had an increase in labido from trt. Even that disappeared :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bernie

Incorrect. I started thyroid and that was my saving grace. 3 months of hell on T and I felt zero benefit. I took thyroid and it all came together. Today is month 2 and I still feel great. Thyroid was canceling or not allowing the T to perform. God knows the science behind it or why. I only had an increase in labido from trt. Even that disappeared :)
That’s great you feel that way, but....there has been no medical evidence that replacing T3/T4 is beneficial. All studies have been by the makers of synthroid and levothyroxine.

charile12

I’m jealous that you felt it after the first dose, that’s awesome.

Which compounding pharmacy are you getting it from? I’m also with defy. I think they use Empower, and Hallandale, so it must be one of those I assume. Im asking because I don’t think I will be able to continue getting WP thyroid from my local Walgreens.

You’re on half a grain btw, which is a very very low dose. I don’t think lowering your dose would be the best option. Right now, your thyroid medication is probably adding to whatever natural thyroid production you have going on. But just like taking testosterone, your thyroid works on a negative feedback loop. Soon your natural production will stop, and 1/2 a grain will leave you with a lower free T3 than you had naturally. So just be careful. Usually people eventually settle on 2-5 grains. In a week or two you will probably need to up your dose, not lower it.

I disagree that your natural thyroid production will stop with 1/2 a grain. I am on 15mg np thyroid (armour generic). It is my understanding that You will only stop your own production if you take a full ) close to) replacement dose in other words you take more than what your thyroid produces.

I feel great on just 15mg which I think is 1/4 grain. I was barely hypo and this is supplementing my own production nicely.

Btw op. I get the warm feeling too.

Also wife is on 1/2 a grain too after 2 months her free t3 and TSH is optimal. No shutdown of own production.

Gman86

I disagree that your natural thyroid production will stop with 1/2 a grain. I am on 15mg np thyroid (armour generic). It is my understanding that You will only stop your own production if you take a full ) close to) replacement dose in other words you take more than what your thyroid produces.

I feel great on just 15mg which I think is 1/4 grain. I was barely hypo and this is supplementing my own production nicely.

Btw op. I get the warm feeling too.

Also wife is on 1/2 a grain too after 2 months her free t3 and TSH is optimal. No shutdown of own production.

Very interesting. Maybe you’re right. Maybe with a low dose your endogenous production doesn’t get fully shut down. Thanks for sharing this. Anectodal experiences are my favorite way to learn about these things.

Gman86

What kind of thyroid medication are you on? What brand? And what dose? Glad to see that you saw such an improvement once you addressed your thyroid.

Vince

Super Moderator
That’s great you feel that way, but....there has been no medical evidence that replacing T3/T4 is beneficial. All studies have been by the makers of synthroid and levothyroxine.
If someone has low free T3 levels, it can raise havoc on your body. One of the best reasons to have good free T3 levels, is the improvements you see in your lipid panel. Especially in your LDL cholesterol.

Robotics

wow great to hear. What do you attribute it to? the increased Free T3? a reduction in RT3? did you get any lab work?

wsj357

wow great to hear. What do you attribute it to? the increased Free T3? a reduction in RT3? did you get any lab work?

Well my TSH was around 5.

I switched providers. The clinic was supposed to do lab work with free t3 and reverse and more. After the test I met new doc. Days later I got results back and they slumped on the results . I started thyroid anyways and never got the proper labs. I’m sure it was free t3 that was needed. I’d do not need more or less so that’s good that the doc hit the dose right on one try.

wsj357

Here is what they did give me. T4 was medium low. Can you decipher this ?

Attachments

• 7F960AF9-52E0-4B6A-AC56-B422A72617EF.png
    7F960AF9-52E0-4B6A-AC56-B422A72617EF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel