Feedback on 8 week blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online

xqfq

Hi folks-

I've loved reading this forum over the past several weeks. Thanks to everyone who participates (and to Nelson!!) I'd love some feedback on my recent lab work. I started TRT with the following protocol:

120mg testosterone enanthate MWF (40mg per injection)
250 IU HCG MF

I space out my MWF injections so they're 56 hours apart (evenly spaced through the week - e.g. M 7AM, W 3PM, F 11PM). I am doing subq injections in the glute with an insulin needle.

I got some premature blood work done, 4 weeks in, and my levels were:

TT: 447 ng/DL (264 - 916)
Free T: 8.18 ng/dL (5 - 21)
E2, sensitive: 18.7 pg/mL (8-35)

I know this was a premature blood draw but I was curious as I wasn't feeling very good, at times almost worse than before TRT. The blood draw was taken on a Friday at 5PM, a few hours before my next Friday injection.

My physician then bumped me up slightly to 150mg testosterone enanthate (50mg per injection). At 7 weeks into TRT (two Fridays ago) I got another blood draw as I was curious. This was done at 5PM and I inject on Friday at 11PM. Results were:

SHBG: 48 (16.5-55.9 nmol/L).
TT: 1458 ng/dL (264 - 916)
Free T: 30pg/mL (8.7 - 25.1)

As much as people say that you should get a blood draw shortly before your next injection, I doubted this was my "trough" value because I wasn't feeling that good most of the time. So the following week I had another blood test done, this time on Thursday around ~24 hours after my wednesday testosterone-only injection. I figured this may be my true "trough". My results were:

TT: 826 ng/dL (264 - 916)
Free T: 10.3 pg/mL (8.7 - 25.1)

---

Symptom wise I feel okay, certainly better than I did pre-TRT. Morning erections have returned after many years of absence and I have slightly more energy in the gym. But I really only feel 'great' 2 days out of the week. My libido is good for about 8 hours after injecting HCG but is otherwise largely the same as it was pre-TRT.

I'm wondering if there's a change in my protocol that would give me better results. Perhaps a larger injection with less frequency due to high SHBG? Or perhaps slightly more HCG or T? I'd love anyone's input here.

I've also read (on this forum- thank you guys!) that over time SHBG may go down. So it may just be an issue of waiting a while for my Free T to rise?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would probably do Labs on Monday morning before you inject. I think that would be the best trough level.

CoastWatcher

Make no changes, none at all, until you have drawn labs at a consistent time relative to an injection. The point @Vince makes about Monday morning is worthwhile. If your doctor won't order labs as often as you want, or you can't persuade him/her to test appropriately, you can use www.discountedlabs.com. Reasonable prices and all LabCorp performs all lab work.

xqfq

Thanks guys. I'm not confused about the inconsistent readings - it makes sense that given they're taken at different times they're different values. I got the additional blood reading because I wanted a better picture of my levels throughout the week, and I didn't want my doctor to think my "peak" was my "trough."

But I am surprised that the oft-mentioned "trough" before an injection may not be the trough, at least for me. Perhaps because of subq the testosterone is released more slowly?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'm a little surprised at the amount of the inconsistency. Injecting T enanthate subQ EOD I had total testosterone of about 750-800 ng/dL no matter when I tested, and that's with SHBG closer to 30 nmol/L. In any case, I would have to chalk this up in part to an extra long "settling-in" period. I'd figure testosterone enanthate injected subQ may have a half life of 10-12 days with your above-average SHBG. So five half lives could mean at least a couple months for things to settle down.

This article may be helpful: Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved

xqfq

Thanks for that time span link, it's very interesting!

I definitely think the subq method had a longer 'settling-in' period which accounted for the very low initial test.

For members who've done subq, I'd be curious to learn where, relative to an injection, their 'peak' and 'trough' lay.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me