Estradiol Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eddard

So, here's my deal. I'm 39 years old, low bodyfat. Workout six times a week.
Current protocol:
150mg test cyp injected IM once per week
300iu HCG injected sub Q twice per week
Have anastazole .25 mg tablets, but have not used it yet.

First injection was August 19, 2016. I worked with a concierge service that is not a sponsor of this site. Not entirely happy with the follow up, so I'm in process of switching to Defy, and have my appointment with Dr. Saya early next week. They have been great to work with so far. Accepted my previous medical and didn't have to redo all the labs, saving me some money.

Baseline labs (in July at Quest):
FSH: 1.3 (1.6-8)
LH: 0.9 (1.5-9.3)
TSh: 1.13 (0.4-4.5)
Prolactin: 2.9 (2-18)
Estradiol: 27 (> 39)
Total Test: 315 (250-1100)
Free Test: 62.1 pg/ml (35-155)
Hemoglobin: 16 (13.2-17.1)
Hematocrit: 49.1 (38.5-50)

Labs after six weeks of TRT (labs done at Labcorp).
Total Test: 884 (348-1197)
Free Test: 37.1 pg/ml (8.7-25)
Estradiol (sensitive): 44 (8.0-35)
DHEA: 190.5 (102.6-416.3)
Progesterone: 0.2 (0.0-0.1)

I experienced some nipple itching for a few weeks about three weeks in, but not that bad. No other symptoms of E2 that I can tell.

The protocol overall has made me feel like a new man. The cloudiness in thinking is gone; the low grade depression and anxiety I've had since I can remember is gone. Been having gains in the gym. Feel better and look better.

But, I don't like that the Estradiol was considered out of range on the last test.

At 44, is my estradiol high? Do I have to start thinking of the AI? Today, I am feeling nipple sensitivity for the first time in a few weeks. I have been holding off on the AI until my appointment with Dr. Saya next week, which I think is probably the best approach.

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
44 is right around there...more important is how do you feel? We tend not to solely look at numbers on a test, E2 is the hardest thing to pin down because it's so individual. Nipple., issues, is a key marker. This may be a spot where you're close enough to avoid the pharmeceutical and be able to use DIM and/or Calium D-Gluconate to help manage E. If you do take the AI, i would recommend only .25mg (1/4 of a tablet 24-48hrs post injection).

trt4me

Agree with Vince, symtoms first , lab values second.
Also you might want to discuss with defy a restart.
You had a total test of 315 with nearly a zero lh output which most likely means your testes are in good shape and maybe just to stimulate your lh higher with clomid.
Defy will handle your e2 without an issue.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale! I'd not let a lab test, in isolation, drive me toward an AI or anxiety about the estradiol level. You have an appointment with Defy early next week, they'll sort it out. We hope you'll be an active member here.

Eddard

Thanks for the responses, guys. It's only a week to go till the appointment, so I'll just wait to see what they say.

trt4me, while I get what you are saying about the restart, my only hesitation is I am feeling better, less mentally cloudy, sleeping better, and feeling more like myself than I have in at least five years. Really happy with how things are going and want to continue that (minus the anxiety about estradiol levels).

Vince

Super Moderator
Nipple sensitivity can also be caused by testosterone. I would not jump on the AI bandwagon just because of that. Your E2 is just under 5%, not to bad.

First set of labs were drawn before I started therapry obviously. Second set were drawn on a Thursday morning before my Friday morning injection.
lol of course they were.

So basically they were taken on day 6?

Your E2 is slightly high, you might be able to split your injections and it's possible that takes care of your E2.

I imagine you have more blood work than what you posted here, because I don't think that's enough for defy.

Eddard

lol of course they were.

So basically they were taken on day 6?

Your E2 is slightly high, you might be able to split your injections and it's possible that takes care of your E2.

I imagine you have more blood work than what you posted here, because I don't think that's enough for defy.

I didn't include the cholesterol and PSA, which were all normal.

trt4me

Thanks for the responses, guys. It's only a week to go till the appointment, so I'll just wait to see what they say.

trt4me, while I get what you are saying about the restart, my only hesitation is I am feeling better, less mentally cloudy, sleeping better, and feeling more like myself than I have in at least five years. Really happy with how things are going and want to continue that (minus the anxiety about estradiol levels).

Understood. Thing is , if the restart is successful , then eventually you could feel like that without taking anything. Defy can explain everything in your consult. Just write down questions now so you remember what to ask , it can be a lot of info.

Eddard

I just want to update this post. I had my consultation with Defy earlier this week. Dr. Saya switched me from 150mg/week and 2x per week 300iu HCG, which my old clinic had me on, to three times a week injections (Test and HCG injected same day) of 40mg 3x/week and 250iu HCG 3x a week. Hoping this helps with the Estradiol.

Also, we had a discussion about the possibility of restart. I listened what he had to say, but I chose to stay on TRT for now at least. I would hate to change things when I'm feeling good, and finally comfortable with the injections.

Tomorrow marks day 1 of the new protocol. Hope it goes well. Impressed with Defy.

CoastWatcher

I just want to update this post. I had my consultation with Defy earlier this week. Dr. Saya switched me from 150mg/week and 2x per week 300iu HCG, which my old clinic had me on, to three times a week injections (Test and HCG injected same day) of 40mg 3x/week and 250iu HCG 3x a week. Hoping this helps with the Estradiol.

Also, we had a discussion about the possibility of restart. I listened what he had to say, but I chose to stay on TRT for now at least. I would hate to change things when I'm feeling good, and finally comfortable with the injections.

Tomorrow marks day 1 of the new protocol. Hope it goes well. Impressed with Defy.

You're in good hands. I would be hopeful regarding the new protocol and its impact on your E2.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me