EMS Electronic Muscle Stimulators

Buy Lab Tests Online

BadassBlues

I am looking at purchasing a quality EMS device. Not the junk on Amazon, but a decent device that actually works. Usage is for abs, glutes and back. There is a professional device, "Emsculpt" that has been proven to deliver great results... it's also very expensive at 750.00 per treatment.

I am looking for something that a physical therapist might use.

Anyone have experience or any recommendations?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

I am looking at purchasing a quality EMS device. Not the junk on Amazon, but a decent device that actually works. Usage is for abs, glutes and back. There is a professional device, "Emsculpt" that has been proven to deliver great results... it's also very expensive at 750.00 per treatment.

I am looking for something that a physical therapist might use.

Anyone have experience or any recommendations?
This all depends on wat your intended use is. If you are wanting to use it in a professional medical setting you can easily pay up to $5000 for an EMS/TEMS unit. Doesn't mean that are any better than the smaller/much less expensive units. I have one that I paid less that $100 for 10 years ago that works great and is a combination of TENS/EMS.

TENS Units (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) send small electrical impulses to the skin and to your nerves. These impulses block the body's nerve pathways that indicate pain and they stimulate endorphins. This is especially useful immediately after an injury.

EMS, Electrical Muscle Stimulation, stimulates the muscles and assists in strengthening, recovering, and conditioning of the muscles. Typically used after the pain is relieved.

Most units have at minimum 2 channels, if it is for home use that is plenty. Four channels is also an option.

I would get one that is battery operational with 120v plug in. Also look for at least 20-40 therapy modes.

BadassBlues

My intended use is for both pain management and muscle stimulation. Both having to do with my age. I am a lifelong gym rat, but at 66, my joints don't allow me to push the same weight I did at an earlier age. I am still in pretty good shape, but there are several areas that I want some additional support in. I can't squat the same weight I used to, and glutes are one muscle group that requires a LOT of attention to maintain as you get older. I would also like to use it on my abs and calves.

Recovery from exercise diminishes a bit as we age, so on those days that I have overdone it, the TENS would come in handy. I work a heavy bag and often times end up with middle back pain from it. Also my wrists.

After looking around, I really like the Compex unit above. There is also one that has what they are calling the "Russian Stimulation". A bit more intensity.

Thank you for the links and the advice!

BigTex

My intended use is for both pain management and muscle stimulation. Both having to do with my age. I am a lifelong gym rat, but at 66, my joints don't allow me to push the same weight I did at an earlier age. I am still in pretty good shape, but there are several areas that I want some additional support in. I can't squat the same weight I used to, and glutes are one muscle group that requires a LOT of attention to maintain as you get older. I would also like to use it on my abs and calves.

Recovery from exercise diminishes a bit as we age, so on those days that I have overdone it, the TENS would come in handy. I work a heavy bag and often times end up with middle back pain from it. Also my wrists.

After looking around, I really like the Compex unit above. There is also one that has what they are calling the "Russian Stimulation". A bit more intensity.

Thank you for the links and the advice!
I feel your pain @BadassBlues

TENS is very low pulse frequency and will not work for muscle stimulations. This is why it is best to get a TENS/EMS system that will handle both pain and muscle stem.

I actually have the Intensity TWIN STIM III

I attached a great guide to use the EMS/TENS

BadassBlues

I decided on the Compex Sport Elite 3.0:

I got a great price on Amazon. This model has a wide assortment of presets and a robust EMS mode. It will be here today, I'll post my thoughts once I try it out.

BadassBlues

BadassBlues

I used the TENS mode for back pain with very positive results. This was my first experience with TENS and I am wondering why I have never tried this before. A 20 minute session reduced my pain levels significantly.

I only wish I could figure a way to attach the electrodes to my back myself...

BadassBlues

Okay, EMS is for real. I did a 30 minute ab program yesterday on the lowest setting. This device allows you to increase intensity. The program has a 10 minute warm up. During that time my ab muscles were twitching like crazy. Once the actual resistance program kicked in, it took my breath away... intense! I kept increasing the intensity as much as I could tolerate. After the program finished, I felt like I had just done a hard workout and my abs were pumped.

I wish I had known about this years ago...

BigTex

I only knew about it because I have been an athlete or athletic coach most all of my life. Spent quite a lot of time sitting in the trainer's office doing therapy.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I'll tell you which EMS device I'm excited about: Endostim!

endostim.jpg

They're still going through the process to get FDA approval so it isn't on the market yet. I'll be first in line when it's available.

BadassBlues

I'll tell you which EMS device I'm excited about: Endostim!

View attachment 36105

They're still going through the process to get FDA approval so it isn't on the market yet. I'll be first in line when it's available.
At some point, I believe we are all going to get pre wired at birth and have a human based ECU with and OBD port installed. A doctors appointment would involve having an OBD reader plugged in and the physician would then be able to read your codes and determine the problem. We will all have a check engine light that will come on when there is a problem.

The Borg have this all figured out...

That looks like an amazing device. I have suffered from acid reflux for years and have been trying to get off of Omeprazole. I'll be next in line after you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me