Drop in SHBG after starting TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hi,

How many of you guys noticted lowered SHBG after starting TRT? I am most curious about people who had high-ish SHBG before taking testosterone. For me the drop was almost 50%.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TLR

Mine wasnt tested when I started......however it went up from 17 to 30 in about a year when I dropped dose from 200 mg a week to 100. What dose are you taking? Higher doses are known to decrease it even more than usual.

madman

Super Moderator
Not everyone will notice a lowering of SHBG when on trt and most will only notice a small drop in levels.

Larger declines in SHBG are usually seen when one is using higher doses of androgens such as 200 mg/week or when using steroid doses 250-600 mg/week.

T 150 mg/week (75 mg every 3.5 days).....SHBG went from 35--->30 nmol/L

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
My SHBG was 70 nmol/l prior to TRT and went all the way down to 34 nmol/l (similar to fifty, but my was lowered even more) The drop was significant and the dosage is not that big. It's 30mg EOD which would translate to 105mg weekly. What could be the reason for such a drop? Is that a sign of high androgen sensitivity?

I am not sure if you are taking anastrozole. Anastrozole decreases HDL even more.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me