Does losing weight change testosterone levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Henry

Hi,
When I started Androgel, 4 pumps with HCG EOD @ 300iu's, these were my numbers. All from Labcorp:
7/2014 - 585 & no free T measurement
10/2014 - 506 & 11.9
2/2015 - 697 & 16.7
5/2015 - 660 & 24
I get tested twice a year and I was around 227 pounds during that time.

I decided to lose some weight and cut sugar, soda, candies, etc. I just got tested and this was the result:
4/2016 - 1045 & 24.6

Doc is saying that it's too high and wants to drop me down to 3 pumps. I talked him into keeping me at 4, telling him that I don't have any sides and it's probably a fluke. I showed him something on the internet that shows how transdermal T levels fluctuate and he said OK but the next time he tests me, if I go to the top of the range again, he'll change it.

What could have caused this? I weight 187 now. Could the 40lbs weight loss cause my T levels to go up?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Henry, good question. I don't have the answer, but I'm wondering if your body is absorbing the T better. If losing weight (fat) has helped.

PAUL-E

First congratulations on the weight loss, second the fat loss might mean your converting less to estrogen leaving you with more testosterone or at least a better testosterone to estrogen ratio.
Do you feel better?

Helboi

I also wondered this. I've lost weight since my last bloodwork (about 20lbs) and I'm wondering if it will have an impact on my T and E2 numbers. Bloodwork being done again soon, so we'll see (dose changed only slightly since my last test).

LiftOn

I would make sure your test is LC/MS instead of ECLIA (immunoassay). I had one with the cheaper tests (immunoassay) and it had my number over 1000. LC/MS had it in the 700s (about 4 weeks apart).

Pulled from another post on here (note the last part):

Frequently Asked Questions: Testosterone by ... - LabCorp (link wouldn't go out b/c I don't have enough posts)

Types of blood tests for testosterone

There are two types of blood tests frequently used in gauging your testosterone production and retention levels: the LC/MS method and the ECLIA method.
LC/MS

LC/MS, or liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, is the Mercedes-Benz of blood testing for testosterone. The CDC classifies LC/MS testing as the most reliable method for testing your total testosterone level. (Quest Diagnostics) LC/MS is also extremely sensitive, which makes it the preferred method for testing patients with chronically low testosterone levels.

ECLIA

ECLIA is the more widely-used blood test by clinics to gauge your total testosterone. ECLIA (Electrochemiluminescent Immunoassay) is quick and far more affordable that LC/MS. Unfortunately, ECLIA also tends to register testosterone levels as being higher than they truly are.

James

Most people would say so, but it hasn't necessarily been my experience. If I lose fat weight only, I don't notice a change. But if I lose, say, 10 pounds of fat and put on 5 pounds of muscle, then I do notice a change.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me