does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

tropicaldaze1950

So what exactly is nascent iodine? Like what form of iodine is in it?

Isn’t the potassium iodide in lugol’s the natural form found in nature, and iodine is the form not found in nature? Would think u would tolerate the natural form of iodine better

Do u get a good amount of selenium in ur diet? To tolerate iodine there’s actually quite a few cofactors u need to make sure ur getting enough of. Mainly selenium and magnesium, but also most of the B vitamins and vitamin C, from my understanding

Food Sci Nutr. 2018 Sep; 6(6): 1341–1351.
Published online 2018 Jun 1. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.694
PMCID: PMC6145226
PMID: 30258574

Iodine consumption and cognitive performance: Confirmation of adequate consumption​

Hani Choudhry[IMG alt="corresponding author"]https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/corehtml/pmc/pmcgifs/corrauth.gif[/IMG] 1 , 2 and Md. Nasrullah 1

"Nascent iodine is a consumable form of iodine, and it contains an electromagnetic charge. It is like the precursor form of iodine which converts into THs. It permits greater release of energy once consumed. As a result, the human body can recognize and assimilate this form easily."

Eat from a variety of fish everyday; salmon,shrimp,sardines. Take C and magnesium, too. All I know is that, for whatever reason, I don't have any problems or issues with the nascent form,unlike Lugol's.

Every evening I experience something similar to sundowning;restless, anxious, ruminating,unstable mood, sadness. Last evening(8 o'clock) took 1 drop; 350 mcg,of nascent iodine. Over the course of two hours, my brain calmed down. Took my injection of testosterone;100 mg @10, shortly before going to bed. .5 mg of clonazepam,as usual. Slept 7.5 hours. Woke up feeling calm and rested,which is the exception for me. Upon awakening, took my morning dose of iodine.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

@Gianluca was just listening to this interview with dr brownstein and he said that a mistake he made during the 1st 8 years of his practice was use iodide only. He mentions it at 32 mins in. I know u were saying ur gonna try using iodine by itslef, so thought u might want to check it out

Last edited:

tropicaldaze1950

@Gianluca was just listening to this interview with dr brownstein and he said that a mistake he made during the 1st 8 years of his practice was use iodide only. He mentions it at 32 mins in. I know u were saying ur gonna try using iodine bu itslef, so thought u might want to check it out

Thank you and @Gianluca. Sardines, particularly, high in B vitamins and selenium. Salmon, a good source,too. I read Chris Masterjohn, PhD state that if one doesn't eat meat, shrimp has an excellent nutritional profile. I also eat beans,chicken, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, potatoes,bananas,mangoes, peppers, mushrooms,onions, garlic. A nutrient dense diet, especially with seafood, IMO, is critical for overall health and vitality.

Gianluca

@Gianluca was just listening to this interview with dr brownstein and he said that a mistake he made during the 1st 8 years of his practice was use iodide only. He mentions it at 32 mins in. I know u were saying ur gonna try using iodine by itslef, so thought u might want to check it out

I watched it. He mentions how in his practice he uses 25mg for most people, and in the 100s for people with cancer? wow.

I'm reading a very long paper on Iodine from the Weston Price foundation , I will post it as soon as I'm done with it.

Gman86

I watched it. He mentions how in his practice he uses 25mg for most people, and in the 100s for people with cancer? wow.

I'm reading a very long paper on Iodine from the Weston Price foundation , I will post it as soon as I'm done with it.
Ya I think he now recommends 12.5-25mg for most people, and 25mg and above for people suffering from certain illnesses that they’re trying to cure. But absolutely post the paper and ur thoughts about it once ur finished. Very curious to hear what u think

Gianluca

alright @Gman86. I finished to read the paper, and I really invite you to take your time and read it as well.

What I read reinforce my idea of that Lugols should be probably used for a specific purpose, such as curing a disease or infection for example, or any other condition someone is trying to improve.

2nd, at this moment I really believe the "iodine protocol" using 12.5mg to 50mg, should be probably left to those practitioner, or to someone, who is trying to resolve an issue related to Iodine deficiency, es breast cancer. I do not think everyone should use 12.5mg or more of Iodine, because that is the dose the the body needs. however, if someone is trying "the protocol" and it clearly resolves or improves some area of his/her health, monitoring should be done in the long term. You can feel great, and maybe a year later develop some issue you don't even think are linked to Iodine.

At this moment, I'm personally thinking to go for probably 1mg daily of potassium Iodide

I do believe Iodine is a mineral we need to supplement with, but for most people, in a range of 225mcg to probably about 1mg.

Gman86

alright @Gman86. I finished to read the paper, and I really invite you to take your time and read it as well.

What I read reinforce my idea of that Lugols should be probably used for a specific purpose, such as curing a disease or infection for example, or any other condition someone is trying to improve.

2nd, at this moment I really believe the "iodine protocol" using 12.5mg to 50mg, should be probably left to those practitioner, or to someone, who is trying to resolve an issue related to Iodine deficiency, es breast cancer. I do not think everyone should use 12.5mg or more of Iodine, because that is the dose the the body needs. however, if someone is trying "the protocol" and it clearly resolves or improves some area of his/her health, monitoring should be done in the long term. You can feel great, and maybe a year later develop some issue you don't even think are linked to Iodine.

At this moment, I'm personally thinking to go for probably 1mg daily of potassium Iodide

I do believe Iodine is a mineral we need to supplement with, but for most people, in a range of 225mcg to probably about 1mg.

Awesome, I’ll definitely check this out when I have time

Have u ever looked into Dr. Guy Abraham’s work on iodine, or just his work in general? Apparently he was like a genius when it comes to iodine, according to Dr brownstein and others that knew him. And he also said that the body requires both iodine and iodide. Dr brownstein also seems very adamant about the need to use both forms. Do u think that both are needed if u have some type of issue ur trying to resolve, but for most healthy people just trying to stay healthy u can get by using just potassium iodide? Or do u think there’s actually benefits to using iodide only?

And does our bodies reduce iodide into iodine, and therefore we do end up getting both by simply just taking iodide?

Gman86

But ur probably right about dosing. As of today I dropped my dose down from 12.5mg to 7.5mg. I started feeling the benefits of taking lugol’s somewhere between 5-10mg/ day, and didn’t notice anymore benefits taking 12.5mg. And possibly might feel slightly worse. But if I do it’s negligible. So thinking 7.5mg might be good for a bit. But now u got me thinking slightly lower might even be preferable. I’ll take this dose for a bit and see how I feel first before possibly dropping my dose down any further

Gianluca

Awesome, I’ll definitely check this out when I have time

Have u ever looked into Dr. Guy Abraham’s work on iodine, or just his work in general? Apparently he was like a genius when it comes to iodine, according to Dr brownstein and others that knew him. And he also said that the body requires both iodine and iodide. Dr brownstein also seems very adamant about the need to use both forms. Do u think that both are needed if u have some type of issue ur trying to resolve, but for most healthy people just trying to stay healthy u can get by using just potassium iodide? Or do u think there’s actually benefits to using iodide only?

And does our bodies reduce iodide into iodine, and therefore we do end up getting both by simply just taking iodide?
I do think dr Guy Abraham is a genius. And I do think the protocol had a tremendous effect for those with fibrocystic breast, breast cancer. and more. I read some of the papers he wrote, especially the paper on the Iodine body requirement for humans, understanding the methodology he used to determine that.

From what I understand, Iodine vs Iodide, comes into play for certain conditions. Example: people can have some gene mutations or some chemicals in the body that prevent the conversion from Iodide to Iodine, if so, tissues like the breast and prostate won't get the Iodine they need. TSH is needed to transport Iodide into the cells, but iodine does not require this mechanism to be able to be transported. You can see that someone going around with a suppressed TSH must get some Iodine in.

It is true that the body needs both iodine and iodine, but it doesn't necessarily mean we need to ingest both forms, in my opinion. I see Dr Brownstein having more success with Iodine/Iodide in his practice, but people went to him, were seeking help for some specific reason, otherwise they would have stayed home.

Remember, Lugol's was invented, you don't find it in nature. And its use was primarily for treating infections and some other diseases.

The only form found in nature that we have been ingesting for probably millions of year is really Iodide. But read the paper, you will find answers to your questions over there. Because I'm working with adrenals and Thyroid now, I think I'm going back to basic with the Iodine. I just want to make sure I don't get any side effects that then I won't know where they come from.

Gianluca

But ur probably right about dosing. As of today I dropped my dose down from 12.5mg to 7.5mg. I started feeling the benefits of taking lugol’s somewhere between 5-10mg/ day, and didn’t notice anymore benefits taking 12.5mg. And possibly might feel slightly worse. But if I do it’s negligible. So thinking 7.5mg might be good for a bit. But now u got me thinking slightly lower might even be preferable. I’ll take this dose for a bit and see how I feel first before possibly dropping my dose down any further
Don't let my writing influencing you, if you feel good with what you doing, just keep doing it. Let me know your thoughts once you read that paper.

Gman86

Don't let my writing influencing you, if you feel good with what you doing, just keep doing it. Let me know your thoughts once you read that paper.
Man thanks so much for doing such in depth research and sharing ur thoughts! Super helpful. I did feel better once I got around the 5-10mg/ day range using the lugol’s solution, but I’m always trying to figure out how to feel my best, it’s just how my brain works, can’t help it lol. So I’m extremely curious now about this whole iodide being the only form found in nature thing, and lugol’s being man made and something our ancestors would have never ingested.

What potassium iodide product are u using again? Is it a powder? Would u be able to link the exact product u plan on using?

Gianluca

Man thanks so much for doing such in depth research and sharing ur thoughts! Super helpful. I did feel better once I got around the 5-10mg/ day range using the lugol’s solution, but I’m always trying to figure out how to feel my best, it’s just how my brain works, can’t help it lol. So I’m extremely curious now about this whole iodide being the only form found in nature thing, and lugol’s being man made and something our ancestors would have never ingested.

What potassium iodide product are u using again? Is it a powder? Would u be able to link the exact product u plan on using?
I’m still using the Lugol’s 2%, I looked for a potassium Iodide product that comes with 1mg capsule but I couldn’t find it, maybe I’ll buy a liquid form

Gman86

How many mcg’s u planning on starting with?

And do u focus at all on getting enough selenium in ur diet since ur supplementing with iodine? If so, where do u get the majority of it from?

Gianluca

How many mcg’s u planning on starting with?

And do u focus at all on getting enough selenium in ur diet since ur supplementing with iodine? If so, where do u get the majority of it from?
I Started it again at 500mcg, I''ll keep it here for two weeks or so before moving to 1mg and staying there for a long while. did you read the paper?

not longer supplementing with extra Selenium beside the one on my multivitamin

Gman86

I Started it again at 500mcg, I''ll keep it here for two weeks or so before moving to 1mg and staying there for a long while. did you read the paper?

not longer supplementing with extra Selenium beside the one on my multivitamin
Ya I did. Definitely a good read. How u doing on the 500mcg of potassium iodide so far?

Gman86

I don’t think they are doing anything, maybe I’ll go to 1mg, or switch product
I know lugol’s is a man made product, and dr brownstein and dr guy Abraham probably only saw patients that came to them with issues, but 8 years is a long time for dr brownstein to use potassium iodide only, and I doubt anyone has anymore clinical and anecdotal evidence on the things it can do than him, and he said he had much more success healing and making people feel better once he switched to lugol’s. U don’t put any weight into all of that, and still think potassium iodide is most likely the best way to go? Plus dr Abraham was basically a genius when it came to iodine. And he recommended lugol’s solution over potassium iodide alone. U don’t think that he probably knows what he’s talking about when it comes to iodine supplementation?

I obv just want to figure out the best way to supplement with iodine just like u do, so I’m curious what ur thoughts are. U’ve probably looked into iodine more than anyone else on this entire forum. So I really value ur opinion on the subject. Here’s an anecdote of a girl that started supplementing with lugol’s after reading Lynne farrow’s book, and has had amazing results so far. I have a ton of positive anecdotes and vids saved about lugol’s, but this is just one I watched just a few days ago

Gianluca

I know lugol’s is a man made product, and dr brownstein and dr guy Abraham probably only saw patients that came to them with issues, but 8 years is a long time for dr brownstein to use potassium iodide only, and I doubt anyone has anymore clinical and anecdotal evidence on the things it can do than him, and he said he had much more success healing and making people feel better once he switched to lugol’s. U don’t put any weight into all of that, and still think potassium iodide is most likely the best way to go? Plus dr Abraham was basically a genius when it came to iodine. And he recommended lugol’s solution over potassium iodide alone. U don’t think that he probably knows what he’s talking about when it comes to iodine supplementation?

I obv just want to figure out the best way to supplement with iodine just like u do, so I’m curious what ur thoughts are. U’ve probably looked into iodine more than anyone else on this entire forum. So I really value ur opinion on the subject. Here’s an anecdote of a girl that started supplementing with lugol’s after reading Lynne farrow’s book, and has had amazing results so far. I have a ton of positive anecdotes and vids saved about lugol’s, but this is just one I watched just a few days ago

I just think for the average person who wants supplement with Iodine because we need to, potassium Iodide is just fine. It’s also easier to get to the 12.5mg to 50mg with Lugols solution. There is a study indicating the efficacy of Potassium Iodide for fibrocystic breast disease as well.

A guy in another group started to supplement with 325mcg of Potassium Iodide and 200mcg of selenium and saw his FT3 going from 3.0 to 4.0 in a month.

Iodide is the only form found in nature, that’s why to me it makes sense to supplement with this form. But, all of this, because I actually suspected the 2.5mg Lugols after a while gave me some side effects, so I thought I would just go back to basic with the Iodine for a while.

Also, like I mentioned in a previous comment, iodide needs TSH to be transported into tissues, Iodine does not. If some one have a suppressed TSH it may be a good idea to supplement with Lugols.

Paul Jaminett, which I consider a very intelligent person, a scientist who wrote a book about nutrition, once advised to take Iodine up to 12.5mg, but lately changed his advise to 225mcg to 1mg of potassium iodide as well, more if there is an illness such as cancer or and infection. This is what makes sense to me.

At the end, if nothing is broken, it does not need to be fixed

Gman86

I just think for the average person who wants supplement with Iodine because we need to, potassium Iodide is just fine. It’s also easier to get to the 12.5mg to 50mg with Lugols solution. There is a study indicating the efficacy of Potassium Iodide for fibrocystic breast disease as well.

A guy in another group started to supplement with 325mcg of Potassium Iodide and 200mcg of selenium and saw his FT3 going from 3.0 to 4.0 in a month.

Iodide is the only form found in nature, that’s why to me it makes sense to supplement with this form. But, all of this, because I actually suspected the 2.5mg Lugols after a while gave me some side effects, so I thought I would just go back to basic with the Iodine for a while.

Also, like I mentioned in a previous comment, iodide needs TSH to be transported into tissues, Iodine does not. If some one have a suppressed TSH it may be a good idea to supplement with Lugols.

Paul Jaminett, which I consider a very intelligent person, a scientist who wrote a book about nutrition, once advised to take Iodine up to 12.5mg, but lately changed his advise to 225mcg to 1mg of potassium iodide as well, more if there is an illness such as cancer or and infection. This is what makes sense to me.

At the end, if nothing is broken, it does not need to be fixed
Wow great and thorough answer! And thank u so much for citing examples of why ur thinking potassium iodide might be the preferred form, and why ur using the dosages that u are. U definitely make a strong case for keeping it simple and just using straight potassium iodide, and at pretty “low” dosages

What symptoms do u suspect u might have had using 2.5mg of lugol’s?

And is there anything u can link where Paul jaminett talks about lowering his iodine recommendations and switching to potassium iodide? Would love to check that out if possible. I trust that he knows what he’s talking about if u feel that way about him

And how have u been taking the potassium iodide? Just putting the drops in water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach away from food?

Oh and do u remember the dosage of potassium iodide they used to successfully treat fibrocystic breast disease?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me