does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

The doc on this website talks how Iodine doesn't just effect Thyroid function, but how every major hormone receptor in the body, need Iodine to function properly. Has anyone have ever seen? I couldn't find any data on it, but I increased my Iodine intake with 2% lugols about two weeks ago, and along with detoxification symptoms, I thought my mind was more clear, better erections and mood

this the website hormones, you can see the different podcasts in there, the first podcast at 25min, he talks about how Iodine influences hormone receptors

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do supplement with iodine 325 mcg daily. When I tried lugols it threw my Thyroid levels out of whack.

Gianluca

I do supplement with iodine 325 mcg daily. When I tried lugols it threw my Thyroid levels out of whack.

I do think when I started to increase my Iodine to more than 500mcg daily my thyroid regressed, but it needs time to stabilize, in the first two weeks of a too much too soon iodine increase, Thyroid could go Hypo, How long did you try Lugols for?

Vince

Super Moderator
I do think when I started to increase my Iodine to more than 500mcg daily my thyroid regressed, but it needs time to stabilize, in the first two weeks of a too much too soon iodine increase, Thyroid could go Hypo, How long did you try Lugols for?
large amounts of iodine block the thyroid's ability to make thyroid hormones

Gianluca

large amounts of iodine block the thyroid's ability to make thyroid hormones

what about the Japanese who eat about 13mg of Iodine per day? no issues there. To my knowledge, too much Iodine can be a problem if someone has an autoimmune disease or eat food that triggers an autoimmune reaction such as wheat, or if selenium intake is too low or too high, or if too much is taken too soon. At the end one needs to try and see how it works

Vince

Super Moderator
what about the Japanese who eat about 13mg of Iodine per day? no issues there. To my knowledge, too much Iodine can be a problem if someone has an autoimmune disease or eat food that triggers an autoimmune reaction such as wheat, or if selenium intake is too low or too high, or if too much is taken too soon. At the end one needs to try and see how it works
That’s a completely different story. Read up on it. The Japanese who live along the shore, lived like that forever. Their genes develop differently than ours. You cannot compare their idione to yours.

Vince

Super Moderator

Gianluca

That’s a completely different story. Read up on it. The Japanese who live along the shore, lived like that forever. Their genes develop differently than ours. You cannot compare their idione to yours.

I agree with the Japanese having developed a genetic that allow them to ingest as much, I do understand what the author in the article talks about, but as I mentioned above, high iodine intake is trouble for sure for those with autoimmune disease or reaction in the body, that is because you just give more power to white blood cells to operate which equals to exacerbation of any previous symptoms, as the author explains : " That's because high iodine intake can initiate and exacerbate infiltration of the thyroid by lymphocytes, the white blood cells that accumulate due to chronic injury or irritation."

do you remember how long you tried Lugols for?

this an interesting video

Gianluca

to mention also, how halogens such a bromine, fluoride and Chloride compete with iodine, this means we need more Iodine. Consider these halogens are everywhere in abundance, Iodine is not everywhere in abundance

Vince

Super Moderator
I tried Lugols for 3 months. If you try Lugos, let me know how it works for you. Hopefully you'll have better success then I did.

Vince

Super Moderator
The Japanese, who have the highest intake on the planet, which averages around 1000-3000 µg day a median of about 1200 µg per day (varies because it depends what you do for a living — you’re a fisherman or a businessman, etc.) They have more iodine toxicity especially, on the island of Hokkaido, where there’s consumption of a kind of seaweed that yields as much as 30,000 or even 40,000 µg of iodine per day (30 mg or 40 mg per day). And they have flagrant problems with iodine toxicity.

What does iodine toxicity look like? It’s a dramatic rise in your TSH (your thyroid stimulating hormone), meaning you become hypothyroid. That’s what happens when people are over exposed to iodine. That’s exactly what happens in Japan when people have too much iodine, such as those on an island of Hokkaido. They have to abstain from eating anything that contains iodine for several months, to recover. Not everybody recovers. Sometimes there’s some form of thyroid damage incurred, and it causes hypothyroidism. Iodine toxicity can also paradoxically cause goiter (an enlarged thyroid) I say paradoxically because goiter is typically from iodine deficiency, but iodine toxicity can also cause goiter.

Those very high intakes are really not part of the adaptive human experience. People are meant to obtain iodine in microgram quantities. Study after study has shown us that it is the intakes in the microgram quantities that normalize thyroid function. I have seen iodine toxicity on many occasions; people taking, for instance Lugol’s Solution or Iodoral®. These are the high potency iodine preparations, that have typically 12,500 µg, or more. Within a few months people start to gain a lot of weight, 20-30 pounds. They get very cold. Their hands feet are cold. They lose their hair. They retain water. Their coronary calcium scores, that we use to track coronary disease, skyrocket. Some of the biggest rises in heart scan scores occur when you’re hypothyroid. TSH’s go from 1.5, which is normal, to 20, 30, 40.

Gianluca

The Japanese, who have the highest intake on the planet, which averages around 1000-3000 µg day a median of about 1200 µg per day (varies because it depends what you do for a living — you’re a fisherman or a businessman, etc.) They have more iodine toxicity especially, on the island of Hokkaido, where there’s consumption of a kind of seaweed that yields as much as 30,000 or even 40,000 µg of iodine per day (30 mg or 40 mg per day). And they have flagrant problems with iodine toxicity.

What does iodine toxicity look like? It’s a dramatic rise in your TSH (your thyroid stimulating hormone), meaning you become hypothyroid. That’s what happens when people are over exposed to iodine. That’s exactly what happens in Japan when people have too much iodine, such as those on an island of Hokkaido. They have to abstain from eating anything that contains iodine for several months, to recover. Not everybody recovers. Sometimes there’s some form of thyroid damage incurred, and it causes hypothyroidism. Iodine toxicity can also paradoxically cause goiter (an enlarged thyroid) I say paradoxically because goiter is typically from iodine deficiency, but iodine toxicity can also cause goiter.

Those very high intakes are really not part of the adaptive human experience. People are meant to obtain iodine in microgram quantities. Study after study has shown us that it is the intakes in the microgram quantities that normalize thyroid function. I have seen iodine toxicity on many occasions; people taking, for instance Lugol’s Solution or Iodoral®. These are the high potency iodine preparations, that have typically 12,500 µg, or more. Within a few months people start to gain a lot of weight, 20-30 pounds. They get very cold. Their hands feet are cold. They lose their hair. They retain water. Their coronary calcium scores, that we use to track coronary disease, skyrocket. Some of the biggest rises in heart scan scores occur when you’re hypothyroid. TSH’s go from 1.5, which is normal, to 20, 30, 40.

20/30mg may be a bit too much, 1/3mg could be ideal

Gianluca

I tried Lugols for 3 months. If you try Lugos, let me know how it works for you. Hopefully you'll have better success then I did.

I was using Pure Potassium iodine, build up 1mg from 225mcg, I started Lugols 2% which is about 2.5mg of Iodine, I had all kind of detoxification symptoms for 10 days, I feel fine now, skin improved, mood improved, brain activity improved, and I don't think now I feel my Thyroid as bad, but I will check levels in 2 weeks and see what's happening with TSH FT4 and FT3

Gman86

I was using Pure Potassium iodine, build up 1mg from 225mcg, I started Lugols 2% which is about 2.5mg of Iodine, I had all kind of detoxification symptoms for 10 days, I feel fine now, skin improved, mood improved, brain activity improved, and I don't think now I feel my Thyroid as bad, but I will check levels in 2 weeks and see what's happening with TSH FT4 and FT3

How are u taking the lugols, and what time of the day do u take it? On an empty stomach?

Would love to see thyroid labs after using lugols, compared to previous thyroid labs not on any iodine supplementation

JohnTaylorHK

Hi Vince, I just started Lugol's 2% and have been increasing drop by drop to 10 drops per day, 5 in the morning and 5 at night. Given that this is 2%, I'm reaching probably 50% of the recommended therapeutic dosage. Would you agree? I'm trying to ascertain the effect on my hyperlipedemia and will have test results on thyroid and lipid panel within the next 2 weeks. I intend to do this for 3 months, so it should be a useful n=1 study.

JohnTaylorHK

The doc on this website talks how Iodine doesn't just effect Thyroid function, but how every major hormone receptor in the body, need Iodine to function properly. Has anyone have ever seen? I couldn't find any data on it, but I increased my Iodine intake with 2% lugols about two weeks ago, and along with detoxification symptoms, I thought my mind was more clear, better erections and mood

this the website hormones, you can see the different podcasts in there, the first podcast at 25min, he talks about how Iodine influences hormone receptors
I have "Iodine, Why You Need It by David Brownstein" and "The Everything Guide to Thyroid Disease by Theodore Friedman". You can find the info you're looking for there.

Gianluca

Hi Vince, I just started Lugol's 2% and have been increasing drop by drop to 10 drops per day, 5 in the morning and 5 at night. Given that this is 2%, I'm reaching probably 50% of the recommended therapeutic dosage. Would you agree? I'm trying to ascertain the effect on my hyperlipedemia and will have test results on thyroid and lipid panel within the next 2 weeks. I intend to do this for 3 months, so it should be a useful n=1 study.

wow this is going to be great feedback

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching