Diagnosing sudden hair thinning / hair loss

Buy Lab Tests Online
Fireproof - I've seen many cases of TE and none of them came ANYWHERE close to going bald, though the hair shedding (again NOT permanent loss as in male pattern baldness) can sometimes be dramatic for varying lengths of time.

For now, since this step has already been taken, I think the cessation of the DHEA/preg should be the only change UNTIL our consult. By changing only 1 variable at a time, one can sometimes determine the trigger.

Thyroid is a common trigger and I know those levels were adjusted...they should have been included in your follow-up labs...if not, be sure to order them prior to our follow-up chat. Look forward to talking.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fireproof

Thank you Dr. Saya! I appreciate the feedback.

Yes - full thyroid tests were done at my follow up and indicated I could use a bit more of a boost. So we increased my dosage as a result. But I was noticing the shedding before we bumped up the thyroid meds, so I don't think it's too much. And I've been on the prior dose of armour for 3 years steady, so i don't think the T.E. was from too low thyroid either.

At any rate - I won't make any more changes. And I'll do another round of labs before we meet and will include thyroid again. I'm curious to see what the new dosage is putting my Free T3 and T4 at.

thanks!

Fireproof

Dr. Saya - if you catch this thread - one quick question before we have our live consult.

Assuming my issue is T.E. - are any of your hair loss formulas beneficial for this situation. I've read elsewhere that Genetic Minoxidil can help - so I bought some of that because it's cheap and easily accessible.

I had previously bought your formula highlighted in BOLD below before learning from you about T.E. and I just ran out. It's quite expensive for me ($156 for 30ml) so I don't want to re-purchase if it's not really beneficial for T.E.

Assuming T.E. - will these really do much good, or do I just need to wait it out for the new hairs to grow in, etc, etc.

(We can talk in detail during our consult - but if you thought I could benefit from any of the below options - I didn't want to wait 2 weeks before purchasing.....)
Thanks in advance! :)

Defy Medical Custom Topical Formulas

Level 1- For thinning hair

Minoxidil 3%/Ketokonazole 1% Scalp Solution 60ml (30-45 day supply)- $120.00

Level 2- For mild to moderate hair loss

Minoxidil 5%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 60ml - $120.00
Level 3- For noticeable hair loss

Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2%/Spironolactone 2%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 60ml - $135.00
Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2$/Finasteride 0.01%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 30ml/60ml- $156/$275
Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2%/Latanaprost 0.003%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 30ml/60ml- $156/$275
Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2%/Latanaprost 0.003%/Azelaic Acid 12.5%/Finasteride 0.01% 30ml/60ml- $156/$275

Prevention and Re-Growth

Latanaprost Topical Foam 30ml - $156
Finasteride/Latanaprost Topical Foam 30ml- $156

Dr. Saya - if you catch this thread - one quick question before we have our live consult.

Assuming my issue is T.E. - are any of your hair loss formulas beneficial for this situation. I've read elsewhere that Genetic Minoxidil can help - so I bought some of that because it's cheap and easily accessible.

I had previously bought your formula highlighted in BOLD below before learning from you about T.E. and I just ran out. It's quite expensive for me ($156 for 30ml) so I don't want to re-purchase if it's not really beneficial for T.E.

Assuming T.E. - will these really do much good, or do I just need to wait it out for the new hairs to grow in, etc, etc.

(We can talk in detail during our consult - but if you thought I could benefit from any of the below options - I didn't want to wait 2 weeks before purchasing.....)
Thanks in advance! :)

Defy Medical Custom Topical Formulas

Level 1- For thinning hair

Minoxidil 3%/Ketokonazole 1% Scalp Solution 60ml (30-45 day supply)- $120.00

Level 2- For mild to moderate hair loss

Minoxidil 5%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 60ml - $120.00
Level 3- For noticeable hair loss

Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2%/Spironolactone 2%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 60ml - $135.00
Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2$/Finasteride 0.01%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 30ml/60ml- $156/$275
Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2%/Latanaprost 0.003%/Azelaic Acid 12.5% 30ml/60ml- $156/$275
Minoxidil 5%/Ketoconazole 2%/Latanaprost 0.003%/Azelaic Acid 12.5%/Finasteride 0.01% 30ml/60ml- $156/$275

Prevention and Re-Growth

Latanaprost Topical Foam 30ml - $156
Finasteride/Latanaprost Topical Foam 30ml- $156

Hi Fireproof -

Unfortunately none of the topical solutions are likely to have any appreciable impact on Telogen Effluvium. If there IS some coexisting MPB, then the anti-DHT agents would offer benefit there. Of course the minoxidil and latanaprost will still stimulate new hair follicle growth as usual, but will not directly counteract or "treat" the TE.

Fireproof

Hi Fireproof -

Unfortunately none of the topical solutions are likely to have any appreciable impact on Telogen Effluvium. If there IS some coexisting MPB, then the anti-DHT agents would offer benefit there. Of course the minoxidil and latanaprost will still stimulate new hair follicle growth as usual, but will not directly counteract or "treat" the TE.

Got it - thank you. I thought that was the case, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Loki

Dr. Saya if you see this I am experiencing the same thing... It's not just the hair that is prone to MPB as the hair on top of my head is longer than the sides and back... I am seeing a massive shed in the sink, shower, etc (seems to be more of the shorter hairs but long mixed in too)... Do you think I should back of the DHEA and Fireproof did yours stabilize?

Dr. Saya if you see this I am experiencing the same thing... It's not just the hair that is prone to MPB as the hair on top of my head is longer than the sides and back... I am seeing a massive shed in the sink, shower, etc (seems to be more of the shorter hairs but long mixed in too)... Do you think I should back of the DHEA and Fireproof did yours stabilize?

T.E. is typically a self-limiting condition and resolves over time. In your case, Loki, I'd wait and see how your hair shedding does over the coming weeks after the adjustment in your E levels.

Loki

T.E. is typically a self-limiting condition and resolves over time. In your case, Loki, I'd wait and see how your hair shedding does over the coming weeks after the adjustment in your E levels.

I was wondering if hormones outside of DHT influence hair loss and speeding up/slowing down hair cycles....

Fireproof

Do you think I should back of the DHEA and Fireproof did yours stabilize?

I *think* my shedding is less, but I think it's more to do with the T.E. event / shock that triggered it and it's just tapering off...and as Dr. Saya said, it self-corrects after some point when things stabilize. I changed so many different things at once, and various hormone levels all changed, that I'm currently assuming that's what triggered it. In other words, I don't *think* it is/was the DHEA specifically, even though me knee-jerk reaction was to drop it.

I swear I feel more tired (less energy), fatigue, and less "full" in my muscles since dropping the DHEA. And I don't know if this is related, but I think my libido is less than it was too. Without DHEA supplementation - my level was rock bottom of range. But when I was on it - I was right near the top of the range. So I'm looking forward to adding it back in and monitoring my hair to see if it impacts anything, and also looking to see if some of the good stuff (energy, etc) returns again.

Loki

I *think* my shedding is less, but I think it's more to do with the T.E. event / shock that triggered it and it's just tapering off...and as Dr. Saya said, it self-corrects after some point when things stabilize. I changed so many different things at once, and various hormone levels all changed, that I'm currently assuming that's what triggered it. In other words, I don't *think* it is/was the DHEA specifically, even though me knee-jerk reaction was to drop it.

I swear I feel more tired (less energy), fatigue, and less "full" in my muscles since dropping the DHEA. And I don't know if this is related, but I think my libido is less than it was too. Without DHEA supplementation - my level was rock bottom of range. But when I was on it - I was right near the top of the range. So I'm looking forward to adding it back in and monitoring my hair to see if it impacts anything, and also looking to see if some of the good stuff (energy, etc) returns again.

I use a laser comb, topical latanprost, topical fin, Rogaine foam, Nizoral, ETC, ETC, ETC... Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to get a hair system and drop all the crap.... Go once a month for a cut in and have great "hair"... Seems like it would be easier.... YouTube men's hair systems and it is pretty convincing.... Am I crazy for thinking this????

Loki

My head is the size of a small planet... I have to have some hair to frame my ugly face....

I was wondering if hormones outside of DHT influence hair loss and speeding up/slowing down hair cycles....

Yes. DHT is primarily involved in classic male pattern baldness, whereas virtually ANY hormone (especially with drastic changes) can be involved in increased hair shedding (telogen effluvium or otherwise).

Fireproof

Thought I would come back and provide an update here.

I most definitely was dealing with Telogen Effluvium. I didn't confirm it with a dermatologist, but had all the classic symptoms. Zero male pattern balding going on, but rather severe "diffuse shedding."

The good news is IT's STOPPED!

After getting updated bloods, including thyroid panel, we saw that my T4 was still low, even after bumping up my Armour. So Dr. Saya had me add some T4 to my thyroid protocol. He instructed me to start that, then see what the hair does. If hair loss stops then wait a couple weeks and add back in the DHEA/Preg.

So that's just what happened. The hair loss totally stopped. I waited two weeks and I still didn't see any shedding. So I added back in my DHEA/Preg daily. And so far so good - no more shedding. I feel great. And I swear I just feel better with the DHEA/Preg - libido and otherwise.

Thought I would come back and provide an update here.

I most definitely was dealing with Telogen Effluvium. I didn't confirm it with a dermatologist, but had all the classic symptoms. Zero male pattern balding going on, but rather severe "diffuse shedding."

The good news is IT's STOPPED!

After getting updated bloods, including thyroid panel, we saw that my T4 was still low, even after bumping up my Armour. So Dr. Saya had me add some T4 to my thyroid protocol. He instructed me to start that, then see what the hair does. If hair loss stops then wait a couple weeks and add back in the DHEA/Preg.

So that's just what happened. The hair loss totally stopped. I waited two weeks and I still didn't see any shedding. So I added back in my DHEA/Preg daily. And so far so good - no more shedding. I feel great. And I swear I just feel better with the DHEA/Preg - libido and otherwise.

^^^^👍👍^^^^

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching