Cryotherapy: Miracles For Your Health

Buy Lab Tests Online
M

MarkM

Update: The study posted below stated that ferritin and iron remained unchanged after cryotherapy so I went ahead and had my iron and ferritin tested ahead of schedule. I was too curious to wait a few more weeks until my regularly scheduled lab work in order to see if the cryotherapy impacted my iron and ferritin levels because it did drop my hematocrit and I was planning on making cryotherapy a regular part of my healthy therapy.

I did not donate blood in between testing and for two months have been supplementing iron/ferritin every day while taking vitamin c and lysine to assist in the iron absorption. I have also been eating a healthy amount of red meat and liver.

The results: both my iron levels and ferritin decreased. Not a great deal,, but they did not improve. Ferritin dropped from 52 to 49 ng/ml and the iron dropped from 113 to 110 ug/dl. The TIBC, UIBC, and Iron Saturation remained virtually unchanged between the two tests.

I am disappointed. I know it takes iron and ferritin a while to improve but dadgummit I fully expected at least some small improvement. The only thing I can conclude is that the cryotherapy that I did in the middle of trying to increase my iron and ferritin levels did actually impact those levels negatively. Therefore, I will not be under going further cryotherapy regardless of how refreshing it made me feel.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Update: The study posted below stated that ferritin and iron remained unchanged after cryotherapy so I went ahead and had my iron and ferritin tested ahead of schedule. I was too curious to wait a few more weeks until my regularly scheduled lab work in order to see if the cryotherapy impacted my iron and ferritin levels because it did drop my hematocrit and I was planning on making cryotherapy a regular part of my healthy therapy.

I did not donate blood in between testing and for two months have been supplementing iron/ferritin every day while taking vitamin c and lysine to assist in the iron absorption. I have also been eating a healthy amount of red meat and liver.

The results: both my iron levels and ferritin decreased. Not a great deal,, but they did not improve. Ferritin dropped from 52 to 49 ng/ml and the iron dropped from 113 to 110 ug/dl. The TIBC, UIBC, and Iron Saturation remained virtually unchanged between the two tests.

I am disappointed. I know it takes iron and ferritin a while to improve but dadgummit I fully expected at least some small improvement. The only thing I can conclude is that the cryotherapy that I did in the middle of trying to increase my iron and ferritin levels did actually impact those levels negatively. Therefore, I will not be under going further cryotherapy regardless of how refreshing it made me feel.

Testosterone itself has a lowering effect on ferritin. What is your current dosage and TT and FT levels?

M

MarkM

Healthman,
My last blood work was in May on 180 mg Test Cyp (90 mg every 3.5 days) and I had the following:

Total T 1055 ng/dl Range of 264 - 916 ng/dl
Free T 30.1 pg/ml Range of 7.2 - 24.0 pg/ml
Estradiol Sensitive 35.3 pg/ml Range of 8.0 - 35.0 pg/ml
SHBG 30.0 nmol/l Range of 19.3 - 76.4 nmol/l
Hb 16.1 g/dl Range of 13.0 - 17.7 g/dl
HCT 48.0% Range of 37.5 - 51.0%
No use of an AI.

After receiving those lab results in May I lowered my weekly Test Cyp dose down to 160 mg (80 mg every 3.5 days) to see if I would feel any different on a lower dose. So far I do not feel just as good on the lowered dose. I have my next blood work later this month after I have been on the reduced protocol for 8 weeks. Hoping the reduced dose pulls the Total and Free T down just a bit and the Estradiol too. If not, I will probably bring the dose down a little more.

Last edited by a moderator:

HealthMan

Healthman,
My last blood work was in May on 180 mg Test Cyp (90 mg every 3.5 days) and I had the following:

Total T 1055 ng/dl Range of 264 - 916 ng/dl
Free T 30.1 pg/ml Range of 7.2 - 24.0 pg/ml
Estradiol Sensitive 35.3 pg/ml Range of 8.0 - 35.0 pg/ml
SHBG 30.0 nmol/l Range of 19.3 - 76.4 nmol/l
Hb 16.1 g/dl Range of 13.0 - 17.7 g/dl
HCT 48.0% Range of 37.5 - 51.0%
No use of an AI.

After receiving those lab results in May I lowered my weekly Test Cyp dose down to 160 mg (80 mg every 3.5 days) to see if I would feel any different on a lower dose. So far I do not feel just as good on the lowered dose. I have my next blood work later this month after I have been on the reduced protocol for 8 weeks. Hoping the reduced dose pulls the Total and Free T down just a bit and the Estradiol too. If not, I will probably bring the dose down a little more.

Your numbers look great. The lower dosage should help with the ferritin (as long as you are no longer donating blood). High testosterone dosage really wreak havoc on my iron panel.

M

MarkM

Your numbers look great. The lower dosage should help with the ferritin (as long as you are no longer donating blood). High testosterone dosage really wreak havoc on my iron panel.

I've stopped donating blood, at least for the time being. I have donated blood all my adult life, long before ever going on TRT. When I started the TRT and learned that I may need to give blood to bring the hematocrit down I figured I was giving anyway so I would just keep on. Never once did I consider during all these years that I was dragging my ferritin down farther and farther. It is just recently that I started doing more research and doing more inclusive blood work that I realized I was doing myself some harm.

I'd like to be able to give blood because it can help others. I am sure I will in the future, I"ll just moderate those donations and be more intelligent when I do it.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've stopped donating blood, at least for the time being. I have donated blood all my adult life, long before ever going on TRT. When I started the TRT and learned that I may need to give blood to bring the hematocrit down I figured I was giving anyway so I would just keep on. Never once did I consider during all these years that I was dragging my ferritin down farther and farther. It is just recently that I started doing more research and doing more inclusive blood work that I realized I was doing myself some harm.

I'd like to be able to give blood because it can help others. I am sure I will in the future, I"ll just moderate those donations and be more intelligent when I do it.
Mark I also donated blood before TRT and after starting TRT having high HCT. I started donating every 8 weeks, now I'm trying to build up my iron. I haven't donated for over 1 1/2 years.

M

MarkM

Mark I also donated blood before TRT and after starting TRT having high HCT. I started donating every 8 weeks, now I'm trying to build up my iron. I haven't donated for over 1 1/2 years.

It seems that building up the iron and ferritin levels is a slow process. My last labs on them from the first of this month (July) came back as:
Iron Serum 110 ug/dl Range of 38 - 169 ug/dl
TIBC 333 ug/dl Range of 250 - 450 ug/dl
UIBC 223 ug/dl Range of 111 - 343 ug/dl
Iron Saturation 33% Range 15 - 55%
Ferritin 49 ng/ml Range of 30 - 400 ng/ml

I used to average 200 ug/dl on the iron and the ferritin would stay in the 140 ng/ml range. So I have a long way to go to get back to my normal levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me