Can steroid abuse lead to resistance?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dbrasc

In my 20s I used steroids in a blast and cruise fashion for a few years straight. I used a lot of powerful compounds such as testosterone, tren, masteron, halotestin, anavar, etc. High doses, I almost always was on over 1 gram of hormones per week.

I'm 33 now. And I've been on trt for years and always feel like I'm injecting straight water. Zero libido zero erections. Unless i make a big dose increase I might feel "ok" for a few days. I've tried cypionate and propionate in varying protocols.

Can abuse of steroids lead to resistance to "normal" trt doses? Like if I got my body so used to functioning on higher doses of test and powerful androgens, is it possible that I'll never feel good again on a trt dose? Does anyone have any info on something like this?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

It's true that steroid abuse can lead to limbic system damage, your body is used to very high levels of androgens when abusing steroids. So yes steroid abuse can cause you to feel nothing from therapeutic doses of testosterone.

It's may or not be permanent, there is no denying, your limbic system is damaged.

Dbrasc

It's true that steroid abuse can lead to limbic system damage, your body is used to very high levels of androgens when abusing steroids. So yes steroid abuse can cause you to feel nothing from therapeutic doses of testosterone.

It's may or not be permanent, there is no denying, your limbic system is damaged.
Where do I go from here? Would I be better off taking nothing?

DixieWrecked

Great discussion that I am subscribing to. I feel like I desensitized myself as well from using m1t way back in the day. Eager to hear from one of the great minds here.

Last edited:
Receptor fatigue is a fanciful notion with no proven basis in fact.
More often than not on this forum guys with "no results" are on a terrible protocol, poor estrogen management, Thyroid problems and so on and so forth. Lest we negate the mental aspect of having used things in the 1g/week dose range and you can have a mental block to using 1/10th that dose.

Id look a lot more places before prying open some fanciful notion like receptor fatigue.

Sean Mosher

Echo what Vince Carter said.
Would like to see current protocol and latest comprehensive labs and then we can go from there.
You may very well need to be in the very upper range but it's impossible to tell at this point.

equel

Dunno man. I mean the thousands and thousands of guys who have been doing bodybuilding for 25 years and then just drop down to TRT seem to have no problems usually?

madman

Super Moderator
In my 20s I used steroids in a blast and cruise fashion for a few years straight. I used a lot of powerful compounds such as testosterone, tren, masteron, halotestin, anavar, etc. High doses, I almost always was on over 1 gram of hormones per week.

I'm 33 now. And I've been on trt for years and always feel like I'm injecting straight water. Zero libido zero erections. Unless i make a big dose increase I might feel "ok" for a few days. I've tried cypionate and propionate in varying protocols.

Can abuse of steroids lead to resistance to "normal" trt doses? Like if I got my body so used to functioning on higher doses of test and powerful androgens, is it possible that I'll never feel good again on a trt dose? Does anyone have any info on something like this?

I would say tren and halo would be the most androgenic compounds.

Highly doubtful and not only are there thousands of men.....whether your average joe, amateur and pro bodybuilders that have used/abused testosterone/AAS to varying degrees.....some being extreme that have eventually ended up on trt and are doing just fine using therapeutic doses of testosterone.

Dr. Crisler and Dr. Rand McClain have treated many former AAS users/abusers and have mentioned that certain individuals may require higher trt doses but it is nothing extreme.

If anything when one has used/abused testosterone/AAS whether cycling, blasting/cruising than permanent dysfunction of the hpta (low testosterone, reduced/impaired fertility) can definitely happen but to what degree depends on many factors such as (age, genetics, dose/duration of testosterone/AAS and compounds used).

Even than most will end up on trt and be able to achieve healthy testosterone levels and the overall beneficial effects.....mind you there can be ups/downs during the process until one finds an effective protocol and having a doctor who specializes in trt can make a world of difference on having a positive outcome.

Although you mentioned that you have tried various protocols using different doses and testosterone esters.....you are leaving out critical information....blood work from your current and previous protocols, what protocols you have tried (dose/injection frequency).....let alone where your TT/FT/e2 and SHBG sits.

We have no idea what specific protocols you have tried or where your TT/FT and e2 levels were or are at as of now.

Labs.....labs.....labs.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale