Can lowering your TRT dose too quickly cause prostate issues?

Buy Lab Tests Online

xibxang

Hi all. Hope everyone's well.

Quick question: can lowering your TRT dose too quickly cause prostate issues/prostatitis/CPPS?

Long version of the story: I've been on TRT since July 2018, and I've spent the tail end of last year and most of this year reducing my TRT dose as it was causing anxiety. At first I was really slow in doing so: drop dose by 5mg (I had originally been on 175mg/week), do bloods at eight weeks, rinse and repeat. My anxiety is now completely gone.

In May, I got impatient and dropped my dose from 125mg/week right down to 105mg/week in one swoop. Around two weeks later, I developed prostatitis (sore testicles, irritation in my urethra, reduced urine flow and and I've been experiencing it ever since. At the start, my doctor put me on doxycycline for four weeks which helped about 50%. I also started stretching my pelvis after each gym session and that's really helped. However, it's not completely gone. Unfortnately, I've had to stop training legs as it seems to flare it up (especially dead lifting). To add to this, I stopped drinking alcohol and I've been eating non-spicy foods which seems to be recommended.

I'm now beginning to wonder if it was the big drop in dosage in one go that's caused it. I had my routine bloods done just before I dropped my dose from 125mg to 105mg (I'm an EOD protocol guy btw) and they were sitting at:

Total testosterone: 833 ng/dL
Free testosterone: 18.3 ng/dL
E2: 49.8 pg/mL
PSA: 0.59 (it's been 0.59-0.62 since July 2018)

Nothing untoward there. I was already feeling pretty good in terms of anxiety but - like the idiot I am - I got brave (stupid) and decided to drop it to see what it felt like. Lesson learned.

So that's my question. Have I made my prostate unhappy by dropping my dose too much in one go?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xibxang

Prostatitis is caused by inflammation.
I understand that. From what I’ve learned, the inflammation is microscopic and doesn’t (always) mean your prostate will swell up (a DRE confirmed this in my case).

I was wondering though. Would the sudden drop in testosterone dosage cause a prostate to become inflamed?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me