Bloodwork help-Total T, Free T, DHT, Estradiol all low

Buy Lab Tests Online

user_joe

You need the correct e2 test. Spinning your wheels without it.

Id get a 3rd test with the correct e2 at some point. Make sure you are rested and not overtrained. If you identify with most of the symptoms of low T you have a decision to make. Nobody can make it for you.

Its ironic some people will say testosterone at 300-400 range doesn't qualify. I've never once in probably thousands of accounts I've read through heard of someone feeling good at those numbers, TRT or not. Getting your levels to 3x what they are will offer the benefits that trt can offer along with the commitments I am sure.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

angry polak

You need the correct e2 test. Spinning your wheels without it.

Id get a 3rd test with the correct e2 at some point. Make sure you are rested and not overtrained. If you identify with most of the symptoms of low T you have a decision to make. Nobody can make it for you.

Its ironic some people will say testosterone at 300-400 range doesn’t qualify. I’ve never once in probably thousands of accounts I’ve read through heard of someone feeling good at those numbers, TRT or not. Getting your levels to 3x what they are will offer the benefits that trt can offer along with the commitments I am sure.

Just to clarify, the recent draw was with the correct E2 test.

Thank you for the input. I had already put things in motion to do a consult with Defy. I hate the idea of throwing money away...but I'm thinking that first consult may be worth the price of admission even if I don't go on TRT.

Besides still being farily low in the T range, If your second E2 number is from the sensitive test, it is quite low.

I agree. I read here that a T/E ratio many people see good benefits from is 14-20. I'm sitting at 46!

If I listed my biggest complaints about myself right now, they would be: always feel fatigued, low libido (but no performance issues), achy joints when lifting, gain fat when bulking and lose muscle when cutting despite good diet.

When you look up low E in men, the first three of my complaints show up on the list.

hva

Your estradiol is very low. I had very similar numbers before TRT. My low LH/T/E2 numbers could be from a nasty concussion I had in 2012 but there's no way to know for sure. My E2 was around 15 and I had the fatigue, low libido, achy joints, as well as anxiety and depression. As soon as I started treatment these symptoms resolved as my E2 began to rise. Now mine is too high but that's a different battle with similar symptoms.

angry polak

When I look at my results, I see a HPTA that appears to be working. It seems to be working better now than when I tested in July, so my numbers have gone up, but I'm still probably not "optimal" since all hormones are in the lower side of the range for my age (35).

I started supplementing with DHEA and Preg and it does appear to have helped (my DHEA-S has gone up from 155 to 228). However, the range listed with Labcorp is 138-475.

As others have noted, my E2 is also low.

I'm left at a crossroads and would love some input. I could go ahead and set my appointment with Defy. Or I could increase my DHEA/Preg dosage and test again in about 8 weeks.

I'm currently applying a topical that has 50mg DHEA and 12.5mg Preg per 0.5ml. If I decided to up dosage and test again, I would probably move to 1.0ml (100mg DHEA/25mg Preg). I've read that when applying topical, it's more likely to aromatize if applied to "fatty" areas. So I've stuck with my trap/shoulder area for application. If I decided to up dosage and test again, I would also probably try alternating between that area and my abdomen. The goal would be to raise E2, which looks like it could actually be good in my case.

If I do consult with Defy, I was going to ask about trying Clomid as a first step. I know the reviews seem slighted towards "it won't work", but my panel also seems like I'd be an ideal candidate (HPTA works but isn't "optimzed", low T and low E2, normal SHBG).

Again, any thoughts or input on next steps is appreciated.

user_joe

I think you should go with Defy and listen to the doctor. I don't think your supplementing route is going to give much result long term.

Seems your only only problem is related to fitness though. Most people jumping on TRT have a lot more symptoms they are trying to address.

RLW

When I look at my results, I see a HPTA that appears to be working. It seems to be working better now than when I tested in July, so my numbers have gone up, but I'm still probably not "optimal" since all hormones are in the lower side of the range for my age (35).

I started supplementing with DHEA and Preg and it does appear to have helped (my DHEA-S has gone up from 155 to 228). However, the range listed with Labcorp is 138-475.

As others have noted, my E2 is also low.

I'm left at a crossroads and would love some input. I could go ahead and set my appointment with Defy. Or I could increase my DHEA/Preg dosage and test again in about 8 weeks.

I'm currently applying a topical that has 50mg DHEA and 12.5mg Preg per 0.5ml. If I decided to up dosage and test again, I would probably move to 1.0ml (100mg DHEA/25mg Preg). I've read that when applying topical, it's more likely to aromatize if applied to "fatty" areas. So I've stuck with my trap/shoulder area for application. If I decided to up dosage and test again, I would also probably try alternating between that area and my abdomen. The goal would be to raise E2, which looks like it could actually be good in my case.

If I do consult with Defy, I was going to ask about trying Clomid as a first step. I know the reviews seem slighted towards "it won't work", but my panel also seems like I'd be an ideal candidate (HPTA works but isn't "optimzed", low T and low E2, normal SHBG).

Again, any thoughts or input on next steps is appreciated.

100% you should consult with Defy or anyone else who is as qualified.

My story is not the same as yours but there are some similarities. I also got some labs done just to see like you. I thought at the time I felt good but the reality is that deep down I didn't. I thought that because my sex drive was high that I was obviously firing on all cylinders. I just figured that taking a nap every day and being sore for 4 days after doing squats was just part of getting old. Fast forward a year, feeling older by the day and still questioning things I got more labs done. A little worse this time and I contacted Defy. I'm only a few months in but so far one of the better decisions I have made.

Just do your consult with Defy. Absolute worst case you are going to get advice from someone who knows what they are doing and has probably seen your scenario a thousand times. It will be money well spent. When you speak with the Dr. you can ask about Clomid and every other thing that might work.

angry polak

Thanks for the feedback everybody! I agree, for the money it costs to consult with Defy it seems worth it to talk to a professional.

One thing I'd like to clarify is my problems aren't only related to fitness. I started working out a bit over 3 years ago. I was probably 200# and 25% body fat. After two years I was around 185# and 17%. The problem is I've hit a wall and been stuck there for the last 12+ months. If I try and bulk, I gain fat. If I try and cut, I lose muscle. This is even with a solid workout routine and a good diet.

I watched people in the gym with worse routines, diets, or both make progress I couldn't. Because of that, I decided to get some labs run. In all honesty I thought I might find I had a thyroid problem going in.

I feel tired almost daily. If I get a good nights sleep I don't feel rested upon waking. I am achy even when I haven't exercised. I can be moody. I don't have a strong libido. The problem is that I've had those things for as long as I can remember, so I felt "normal".

I think it's fair to say that fitness is what spurred me to get labs run, but it's not the only thing I'm experiencing that could be related to my hormone levels. And I think that's the case with a lot of people. They are probably experiencing multiple symptoms, but one particular change is what spurs action...the rest just fall into place as "ah ha's" once the results come back.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me