Blood Test Results Age 37, 39, 43....Should I (Can I) get TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

lebigmacncheese

Sample Date

Testosterone

Indicator Ref. Interval

Unit

TSH

Indicator Ref. Interval

Unit

10 Nov 2015

8.64 - 29.01

nmol/L

0.35 - 5.50

mIU/L

02 Jul 2018

4.94 - 32

nmol/L

0.35 - 4.94

mIU/L

02 Aug 2018

8.33 - 30.19

nmol/L

0.35 - 4.94

mIU/L

I got tested back in 2018 as i felt my libido was gone, and things have gotten worse since then.

Any doctor i've visited has said my results are fine and they wouldn't recomend (or prescrive) TRT to me.

I don't think these results are testing 'Free Testosterone' and i think i do need TRT.

It's a bit of a minefield trying to figure this out, i'd appreciate if someone in the know could give me the short answer, would you take it / is it safe / what upper levels of testosterone can be achieved safely?

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Low testosterone is not defined by total testosterone, the free testosterone is what truly matters.

SHBG should also be tested, because high levels can elevate the Total testosterone while not changing the free testosterone.

Any doctor that doesn’t understand this shouldn’t be diagnosing man with hormonal problems.

lebigmacncheese

I'm in Europe, don't think we have this kind of option...

It's there any way to correlate overall testosterone to free testosterone with any degree of certainty?

Or would there be lots of guys on this forum with overall levels like mine who had very low free T / who went on TRT?

thanks ....

Systemlord

Or would there be lots of guys on this forum with overall levels like mine who had very low free T / who went on TRT?
There is no consensus defining testosterone deficiency, no known Free T or Total T value, only arbitrary numbers set by organizations who are not up to date on male sex hormones.

The vast majority of doctors believe in range is normal, which isn’t the case. Men with normal testosterone, Total T and Free T values go on TRT all the time and respond well to treatment.

madman

Super Moderator

Sample Date

Testosterone

Indicator Ref. Interval

Unit

TSH

Indicator Ref. Interval

Unit

10 Nov 2015

8.64 - 29.01

nmol/L

0.35 - 5.50

mIU/L

02 Jul 2018

4.94 - 32

nmol/L

0.35 - 4.94

mIU/L

02 Aug 2018

8.33 - 30.19

nmol/L

0.35 - 4.94

mIU/L

I got tested back in 2018 as i felt my libido was gone, and things have gotten worse since then.

Any doctor i've visited has said my results are fine and they wouldn't recomend (or prescrive) TRT to me.

I don't think these results are testing 'Free Testosterone' and i think i do need TRT.

It's a bit of a minefield trying to figure this out, i'd appreciate if someone in the know could give me the short answer, would you take it / is it safe / what upper levels of testosterone can be achieved safely?

Thanks.

First off you need more recent labs!

Even then you are missing critical blood markers such as FT, SHBG, estradiol, and LH/FSH.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

The only way to know where your FT truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

If you do not have access to those assays then you will need to use/rely on the calculated method.

In order to calculate your FT you would need to know your where your TT, SHBG, and albumin sit.

Keep in mind that blood work needs to be done in the early am in a fasted state as we want to test at peak.

lebigmacncheese

I contacted 2 clinics in the UK who specialize in TRT in relation to testing free testosterone, both days they do calculated method and I've if them wrote:
  • We don't to a biochemistry free testosterone test.
  • It is too expensive and complex to do
  • We do a calculation, in which studies have shown it is near enough approximation.
  • This is why it is called the calculated free-testosterone test.
Based on what I've found in he UK, it's not possible to get tested for free testosterone.... So is the calculated method accurate enough? Could I have normal testosterone levels but very low free T?

According to the UK clinics review of my most recent blood work and the T levels I listed above, they said they probably wouldn't recommend the use of TRT.

Would it be worth posting all my most recent blood work here for comment on whether it would be safe / effective or beneficial to take TRT?

Systemlord

So is the calculated method accurate enough?
No, neither is the more accurate assays for Free T as there can be a 40% difference between the two.

The current models assume that two SHBG monomers behave identically in binding testosterone.

Detailed experimental data show that the simplified linear model is erroneous.

Last edited:

Systemlord

According to the UK clinics review of my most recent blood work and the T levels I listed above, they said they probably wouldn't recommend the use of TRT.
A lot of doctors, especially in the UK, only focus on the numbers, but diagnosis’s of many diseases are made from clinic observation, the symptoms AND the labs.

madman

Super Moderator
I contacted 2 clinics in the UK who specialize in TRT in relation to testing free testosterone, both days they do calculated method and I've if them wrote:
  • We do a calculation, in which studies have shown it is near enough approximation.
Based on what I've found in he UK, it's not possible to get tested for free testosterone.... So is the calculated method accurate enough? Could I have normal testosterone levels but very low free T?

Would it be worth posting all my most recent blood work here for comment on whether it would be safe / effective or beneficial to take TRT?

Much going on behind the scenes when it comes to testing FT!

You will have a hard time trying to wrap your head around it.

Again if you do not have access to the ED/UF FT assays then for the time being you will need to use/rely on the linear law-of-mass action cFTV.

This has been the go-to calculator for the last 2 decades and is still used/relied upon by many.

Even then in order to do such you need to know where your TT, SHBG, and albumin sit.

You need to know where your levels are as of now not 2015, 2018, 2019-2022 you get the point!

Your T levels from your labs in post #8 mean jack shit and the people running the clinic should know better.

madman

Super Moderator
No, neither is the more accurate assays for Free T as there can be a 40% difference between the two.

The current models assume that two SHBG monomers behave identically in binding testosterone.

Detailed experimental data show that the simplified linear model is erroneous.

He has no clue what the f**k you are talking about!

Remember what I stated previously?

madman

Super Moderator

Might wanna look this over too!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching