basic T dose reduction question

Buy Lab Tests Online

t_spacemonkey

so the general idea is to reduce dose and wait 8 weeks to see results.
can you speed this process up? lets say you want to go from 200mg/week to 150mg/week (my case, i think I was doing better at 150 which is my sweet spot)
could you drastically reduce the dose for 1-2 weeks or so (lets say go down to 70mg or so) let your levels 'crash' and then restart at your desired dose?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

can you speed this process up?
Nope, there are no shortcuts with regards to injectable testosterone cypionate. You’re dealing with half-lives of medications that take time for hormones to level out, then your body has to adapt to those changes.

The only shortcut is Jatenzo, 7 days to steady state.

T

tareload

can you speed this process up? lets say you want to go from 200mg/week to 150mg/week (my case, i think I was doing better at 150 which is my sweet spot)
Absolutely. Would just be the opposite of a loading dose.

Short and simple answer...skip a shot or two and then start back with new dosing protocol. Idea is to wait long enough until your serum levels match what they would be at trough on new desired protocol.

Insert more pharmacokinetic math here if you really want the detail. Assume elimination half life which is individual parameter. Hope you get the idea.

T

tareload

Example with graph.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I change my protocol, I always wait 12 weeks. It takes me that long to feel the full effect of the new protocol. I never make huge adjustments.

T

tareload

I took the question as a math question...how to I minimize the time to reach new stable profile when switching from one protocol to another? A pharmacokinetic question...not a pharmacodynamic question.

That is not to say using a loading dose is always advisable, especially if you are treading in unfamiliar water so to speak. That extra time to traverse unknown territory can sometimes be very beneficial or perhaps allow you to avoid unwanted issues.

t_spacemonkey

thank you! that math is very very tricky. the only reason i am trying to speed this up is due to some insomnia, and while i am not 100% that this is T, i have some suspicion. i slowly went up from 150 to 200, but my first jump (180), i started being a bit. more 'edgy', wife even told me. I only raised it cause my labs were sort of low on that high dose (on 150 i was like 500/18free, 11 shbg). so waiting 8 weeks while battling insomnia and cycling some pharma (nothing addictive) to battle it....i rather 'crash' temporary.
I've been dosing at m-w-f at ~66mg or so, and skipped last W and will skip tomorrow, restarting monday at the new dose

T

tareload

thank you! that math is very very tricky. the only reason i am trying to speed this up is due to some insomnia, and while i am not 100% that this is T, i have some suspicion. i slowly went up from 150 to 200, but my first jump (180), i started being a bit. more 'edgy', wife even told me. I only raised it cause my labs were sort of low on that high dose (on 150 i was like 500/18free, 11 shbg). so waiting 8 weeks while battling insomnia and cycling some pharma (nothing addictive) to battle it....i rather 'crash' temporary.
I've been dosing at m-w-f at ~66mg or so, and skipped last W and will skip tomorrow, restarting monday at the new dose
Sounds like a plan. I'd make you example of math but unless you have your experimentally validated parameters it is just a guess. So your plan sounds prudent. Best wishes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me