Autoimmune Issues & TRT: Any Input Welcome

Buy Lab Tests Online

masters2121

Hey guys,
Im 38 and ive been on TRT for 6 years successfully most of the time. I was diagnosed with Parry Romberg Syndrome when I was 17. I lost some facial tissue over my teen years, but since then it's in remission. I get sick all the time, like every other month. Mostly chronic sinusitis which the ENT says is caused by allergies. Anyways, I'm writing for insight on trt with auto immune disease. Does trt help immune system? Is there anything i can add to my regimen?

I take 100mg enanthate per week, .25 Arimidex every 3 days, 250 hcg 2x a week. I have nandrolone but not taking.

Supplements: 3-5 grams epa/dha, curcumin, probiotics, mineral shot/b12 1x/week.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

I have RA another (more common) autoimmune disease, so I know the stats for my group, 65% of men with RA have low T. The reason I am writing is to mention LDN for you, (low dose Naltrexone) it is an immune booster or modulator (at the low doses). There are a fair amount of sites related to its usage, and quite a few studies. I measure my disease progression by the lab test CRP (C Reactive Protein) this measures inflammation. Normal is less than 5, I have been as high as mid 70's, but usually when I am doing well I can get down to about a 5, never less, until I started LDN, this brought my CRP to 0.2. You also might consider a few diet changes, I went Gluten free and found I felt better from that also, or go even further with an autoimmune disease and go Paleo. Go luck with your health in the future, I am sure there are a fair amount of guys here (in this forum) who have low T because of a disease, not as a function of old age.

Last edited:
Many people with auto immune diseases find great relief going on a carnivore diet or an similar elimination diet like red meat + white rice. (Google Mikhaila Peterson Carnivore, Shawn Baker Carnivore...)

Gluten, dairy but as well many many vegetables can do lots of harm on your health if sensitive.

To answer your original question, TRT improved my immune system drastically. Before TRT I was sick 3-4 times a year and started to develop some alergies. Haven't been sick a single day since starting TRT years ago.

antelopers

Many people with auto immune diseases find great relief going on a carnivore diet or an similar elimination diet like red meat + white rice. (Google Mikhaila Peterson Carnivore, Shawn Baker Carnivore...)

Gluten, dairy but as well many many vegetables can do lots of harm on your health if sensitive.

To answer your original question, TRT improved my immune system drastically. Before TRT I was sick 3-4 times a year and started to develop some alergies. Haven't been sick a single day since starting TRT years ago.

I agree with your advice 100 percent. I don't have an autoimmune diagnosis or issue, just had some less than optimal digestion for a bit. I've been on a carnivore diet for well over a year and my health has improved dramatically.

I recommended this to a friend with rheumatoid arthritis and he said he hasn't had joint pain in months and no longer needs his medication. Everyone is different, but I don't think it would do any harm to try it, even if you're just using it as an elimination diet.

Ronnny

=". The reason I am writing is to mention LDN for you, (low dose Naltrexone) it is an immune booster or modulator (at the low doses). There are a fair amount of sites related to its usage, and quite a few studies..

do you take any pain med ( opioid) for your RA? does LDN interfere with opioid or taking LDN with opioid effective? I heard high dose Naltrexone 50mg is used for opioid withdrawal symptom.

davidrn

I do not take any pain meds myself, ever, NSAIDs would just lead to other issues, so I stay away. You are correct on the usage of standard dosing of Naltrexone at 50mg as an anti opioid drug, not withdrawal. LDN helps with increasing Dopamine receptors, not increasing Dopamine itself, hence the immune system effect.

davidrn

do you take any pain med ( opioid) for your RA? does LDN interfere with opioid or taking LDN with opioid effective? I heard high dose Naltrexone 50mg is used for opioid withdrawal symptom.

Never, I try and never use any NSAIDS, (and never an Opiod) I would guess I take less than a half dozen Tylenol a year. You are correct, Naltrexone is an anti opiod drug at full strength (50mg) my son has very high thyroid antibodies (hashimotos) and is now taking 3 mg every night. I take 4mg myself. I didn't think I could use it (again) when I presented myself to my Functional Rheumatologist, but, she said that even though it is counter intuitive to use a immune booster while taking an immune suppressant,(Embrel) (was also Methotrexate stopped last year) but she had a few patients who seemed to benefit, and had no issues with attempting to use it. The only confusion is, I take Embrel, LDN and a CBD medical marijuana tincture, which of these, or what combination is helping?

Last edited:

Bryan_K77

You have to look into extended fasting, like up to a week or longer. Harvard did a study that showed just a 72 hour water fast essentially renewed the immune system via autophagy and stem cell production. Someone else mentioned the carnivore diet, that’s definitely worth a shot as well. Desperate times call for desperate measures, although fasting for a few days is healthy for most non elderly people I would assume. Look into Dr Valter Longo and Dr Jason Fung for references
Hey guys,
Im 38 and ive been on TRT for 6 years successfully most of the time. I was diagnosed with Parry Romberg Syndrome when I was 17. I lost some facial tissue over my teen years, but since then it's in remission. I get sick all the time, like every other month. Mostly chronic sinusitis which the ENT says is caused by allergies. Anyways, I'm writing for insight on trt with auto immune disease. Does trt help immune system? Is there anything i can add to my regimen?

I take 100mg enanthate per week, .25 Arimidex every 3 days, 250 hcg 2x a week. I have nandrolone but not taking.

Hey guys,

Ronnny

I was interested to get on low dose LDN but since I am on opioid pain killer prescription medication, I believe LDN wont help me, they will counter act each other.

davidrn

You are correct, wouldn't work, although Naltrexone is an immune modulator or booster, at the full dose of 50mg you would get terribly sick if you took the pain meds. Myself, i hated doing it, but if I have pain , lasting more than a few days (this was in the past) I have used Prednisone to "fix" the problem, not mask the pain. I have seen here and other forums folks discussing using LDN for a life extension sort of supplement. it is of course an actual drug, at the low doses used it is quite effective. On an MS forum, when polled on drugs used for their disease, and its effectiveness, LDN was at 72%, higher than Copaxone and other conventional MS drugs. Even better for MS, some patients reported effect within a few days, not weeks or months. Its an interesting drug, and I know I will take it as long as its available for purchase, although it is not a money maker, 50mg tabs are less than $5 each, and you might only need 15 -30 tabs a year. I place one 50mg tab in 0% filtered water, 500ml creates a 1mg =10 ml solution, easy to make , easy to measure, compounding pharmacies charge about $35 - $50 a month for caps. Only side effect is the first week or so, you might have "interesting" dreams, not nightmares like some anti depressants.

Last edited:

Charliebizz

Never, I try and never use any NSAIDS, (and never an Opiod) I would guess I take less than a half dozen Tylenol a year. You are correct, Naltrexone is an anti opiod drug at full strength (50mg) my son has very high thyroid antibodies (hashimotos) and is now taking 3 mg every night. I take 4mg myself. I didn't think I could use it (again) when I presented myself to my Functional Rheumatologist, but, she said that even though it is counter intuitive to use a immune booster while taking an immune suppressant,(Embrel) (was also Methotrexate stopped last year) but she had a few patients who seemed to benefit, and had no issues with attempting to use it. The only confusion is, I take Embrel, LDN and a CBD medical marijuana tincture, which of these, or what combination is helping?
has ldn directly effected your mood. Or indirectly by reducing symptoms ?

SilverSurfer

I was interested to get on low dose LDN but since I am on opioid pain killer prescription medication, I believe LDN wont help me, they will counter act each other.

Don‘t try that. When I was on opioids regularly my doctor gave me a medication that had Naltrexone in it. Even though I had been off all opioids for 6 days it put me into full blown withdrawals. It was horrible. It was the worst 4 hrs of my life!

Opioids lower testosterone, which is the reason I’m on TRT in the first place. I just finished a 13 week run of nandrolone and really liked it. Any reason why you aren’t taking it?

antelopers

Don‘t try that. When I was on opioids regularly my doctor gave me a medication that had Naltrexone in it. Even though I had been off all opioids for 6 days it put me into full blown withdrawals. It was horrible. It was the worst 4 hrs of my life!

Opioids lower testosterone, which is the reason I’m on TRT in the first place. I just finished a 13 week run of nandrolone and really liked it. Any reason why you aren’t taking it?
What benefits did you see out of the nandrolone?

SilverSurfer

In 13 weeks taking 250 mg of nandrolone per week along with my 150 mg of TRT I gained 19 lbs of muscle/lean mass and lost 4lbs of fat. (Had DEXA scan yesterday as well as one when I started) While this was an awesome side effect, my main purpose was for nandrolone to help with some painful joint, tendon, and soft tissue issues.

I’m going to run a low dose moving forward of 50 mg to 100 mg per week assuming my latest bloodwork comes back ok. (It was fine at 6 weeks after starting.)

I know @Nelson ran 200 mg per week for 10 years due to a wasting disease.

I would think nandrolone would help you. How many mgs did your doctor prescribe per week?

Ronnny

When I was on opioids regularly my doctor gave me a medication that had Naltrexone in it. Even though I had been off all opioids for 6 days it put me into full blown withdrawals. It was horrible. It was the worst 4 hrs of my life!

Yes Naltrexone is not a good medicine to be on. I am also on TRT because of Pain med (Opioid). Naltrexone basically destroys your opioid receptor.

Best thing for opioid withdrawal is Suboxone.Suboxone has two medicine in one. It helps with pain as well as withdrawal symptom.Most clinic prescribes this Suboxone to get of opioid. It does work.

I get opioid withdrawal symptom if I miss even one day. Like back pain , not be able to sleep, hot flash, runny nose, feel like flu etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me